Jon Stewart vs Janet Yellen

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You fucking dope, the ENTIRE reason people stated losing their homes was because YOU PEOPLE forced banks to loan to deadbeats. Thanks for the 2008 market crash, cunt.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
You fucking dope, the ENTIRE reason people stated losing their homes was because YOU PEOPLE forced banks to loan to deadbeats. Thanks for the 2008 market crash, cunt.

OMG. You seriously believe that? LMAO. What a goddamn dupe.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Believe? Bitch, I saw that shit first hand in my own neighborhood. Remember, I used to be poor AF and saw all kinds of houses get foreclosed on because motherfuckers couldnt afford the loans. I knew plenty of people too that were sold WAY bigger houses than they could afford. It was all because democRATs FORCED banks to give out mortgages AND credit card credit like candy. Bums dont pay tho!

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter

It's fucking true you moron. Forcing banks to lend to fucking gimps who had no logical way of ever repaying a loan was the impetus for creative lending practices including negative amortizing loans. Not to mention how they hedged their risks through other very creative means on the back end of these poorly underwritten loans.

I personally witnessed people who owned MORE on their loan in 2006 than when they first took it out in 1998.

what are you a fucking ditz mute or something or were just under a rock the whole time?

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

It's fucking true you moron. Forcing banks to lend to fucking gimps who had no logical way of ever repaying a loan was the impetus for creative lending practices including negative amortizing loans. Not to mention how they hedged their risks through other very creative means on the back end of these poorly underwritten loans.

I personally witnessed people who owned MORE on their loan in 2006 than when they first took it out in 1998.

what are you a fucking ditz mute or something or were just under a rock the whole time?
I remember they were doing some refi's back then at over 100% of the appraised value! WTF, over?

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

I remember they were doing some refi's back then at over 100% of the appraised value! WTF, over?
Banks were getting fined big among other consequence if they were found not lending to people who had no ability to pay back

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Banks were getting fined big among other consequence if they were found not lending to people who had no ability to pay back

If you didn't loan to people with no ability to pay then you were "racist". Then when it all went belly up the same race baiting democrats claimed it was someone else's fault. Funny how the same problem never happened in Canada where laws requiring loans to be made to people based upon race and not ability to repay didn't exist. Then, of course, we heard the "People of color most effected" nonsense out of the American left.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

If you didn't loan to people with no ability to pay then you were "racist".
According to CRA yes

and they did it by defining geographic areas which were plagued with poverty that you had to lend into

meaning. Banks actually had to SEEK outa certain number of these people to show on their books in order to avoid fines, receive regulator approval for alternate business developments and mergers

it was disgusting

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
via Kyle Kulinski -- the good Kyle.

I just watched the actual interview between Yellen and Stewart. I agree with what Jon Stewart was saying. However, I believe that the countries with very generous safety nets do not tax corporations at high rates and don't over regulate them either.

Where is the revenue coming from to pay for these generous benefits?

It's got to be individual taxation and I'm guessing capital gains, otherwise, I'm not clear where the money is coming from at all.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I just watched the actual interview between Yellen and Stewart. I agree with what Jon Stewart was saying. However, I believe that the countries with very generous safety nets do not tax corporations at high rates and don't over regulate them either.

It's got to be individual taxation and I'm guessing capital gains, otherwise, I'm not clear where the money is coming from at all.

That is a key part. Countries like Sweden keep corporate taxes low but have high personal income taxes, high sales taxes, high consumption taxes, and usually how VAT. So individuals get taxed heavily and all forms of consumption get taxed heavily but they are very careful not to chase off corporations who power the economy.

Your average Swede or Finn isn't going to move to another country but corporations can move operations in a heart beat so they make sure business taxes are competitive so they do not leave.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

That is a key part. Countries like Sweden keep corporate taxes low but have high personal income taxes, high sales taxes, high consumption taxes, and usually how VAT. So individuals get taxed heavily and all forms of consumption get taxed heavily but they are very careful not to chase off corporations who power the economy.

My point of view is that until we see our citizens as a natural resource and provide students actual quality education, we're on a downward slide.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I couldn't agree more. Which is why we need to concentrate on real education, get the racist ideological indoctrination out, and actually curtail the power of special interests like teacher's unions to make sure the money goes to students instead of special interests. It would also help if we can enforce standards of behavior once again so a few bad actors or out of control students can't ruin the educational experience for the other 40 kids in class.

Claiming math is racist because blacks score lower on math does not help. California canceling all advanced placement classes because not enough blacks qualify for A.P. classes does not help.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I couldn't agree more. Which is why we need to concentrate on real education, get the racist ideological indoctrination out, and actually curtail the power of special interests like teacher's unions to make sure the money goes to students instead of special interests. It would also help if we can enforce standards of behavior once again so a few bad actors or out of control students can't ruin the educational experience for the other 40 kids in class.

Claiming math is racist because blacks score lower on math does not help.

This is where we depart. I don't agree that we should "whitewash" American history.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

If you didn't loan to people with no ability to pay then you were "racist". Then when it all went belly up the same race baiting democrats claimed it was someone else's fault. Funny how the same problem never happened in Canada where laws requiring loans to be made to people based upon race and not ability to repay didn't exist. Then, of course, we heard the "People of color most effected" nonsense out of the American left.

That was a very small piece of what actually happened, but CONs who refuse to hold Wall Street and the banks accountable for what they did always bring that out as the total explanation. It's classic gaslighting.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

That was a very small piece of what actually happened, but CONs who refuse to hold Wall Street and the banks accountable for what they did always bring that out as the total explanation. It's classic gaslighting.
What did they do? Oh yea, they packaged the high risk loans and sold them as investments to try to mitigate the potential damage that loan defaults from forced high risk loans would put on them. How evil..... moron.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Did anyone a

Your average Swede or Finn isn't going to move to another country but corporations can move operations in a heart beat so they make sure business taxes are competitive so they do not leave.

Did anyone, me or Stewart or anyone else, suggest we should use Sweden as a model for how to fix what is wrong with the US?

The US spends more on defense than any other country on the planet, and we are acting as the world's cops. Plenty of dollars could come out of that trillion dollar budget. Damn, they have misplaced billions and billions of dollars, they have so much at their disposal. Why does everyone always act like it's such a mystery where we could get the money? Defense, and all of the corporations who are paying minimal to no taxes, and all of the billionaires who are not paying enough. That's where it should come from.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Did anyone a

Did anyone, me or Stewart or anyone else, suggest we should use Sweden as a model for how to fix what is wrong with the US?

The US spends more on defense than any other country on the planet, and we are acting as the world's cops. Plenty of dollars could come out of that trillion dollar budget. Damn, they have misplaced billions and billions of dollars, they have so much at their disposal. Why does everyone always act like it's such a mystery where we could get the money? Defense, and all of the corporations who are paying minimal to no taxes, and all of the billionaires who are not paying enough. That's where it should come from.

Speaking of, cunt, you clowns all hollered at the moon when Saint Trump made Nato members "pay their fair share". Why so fukin stupid?

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

Idiot. The banks and wall street were the banks and wall street for DECADES before the enactment of a law that FORCED them to ferment their existing greed in very creative ways to offset any loses they were confident they would incur lending to people who had no business being lent to in the first place

Good lord you are fucking stupid

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Did anyone a

I'm completely down with the idea of auditing the shit out of the Pentagon and cut funds accordingly. The corruption in the government and defense industry is insane.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Did anyone a

I'm completely down with the idea of auditing the shit out of the Pentagon and cut funds accordingly. The corruption in the government and defense industry is insane.

So is the corruption on Wall Street and in multi-national corporations and banks. It's pervasive.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Did anyone a

So is the corruption on Wall Street and in multi-national corporations and banks. It's pervasive.

Yah, and the ONE time main street fought back against Wall street and kicked their asses up and down the block YOUR blue side ran running to Wall street's defense.

tell me more about your interesting combination of flagrant hypocrisy & ignorance

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Did anyone a

Yah, and the ONE time main street fought back against Wall street and kicked their asses up and down the block YOUR blue side ran running to Wall street's defense.

tell me more about your interesting combination of flagrant hypocrisy & ignorance

I'm not a Democrat, dumbass.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Gimps? Would this include dwarfs? Sounds like you need cash?

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Did anyone a

If it walks like a duck ......

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Did anyone a

If it walks like a duck ......

Like the way you waddle?