Life in California SUCKS

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I'll bet where Prowler lives sales tax must be at least 15%!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
SO Cal too?
In SoCal you're gonna get BEANED! At times I was the only White guy around for miles!

Yeah I was mugged South of San Francisco held at gunpoint.

Must be worse now.

Some Black toughs threatened me outside of a place called East Palo Alto. And CA is considered one of the safer states.

It's pretty rough in some areas of the US.

I guess they're just not afraid to get into fights or even die down there.

Strange mindset the Ghetto mentality

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
California Border another 300

And it is still cold.

I said Tampa because the temperature is nice and warm from December-February.

Shit, I looked at average high temperatures in Los Angeles in the winter and it is only 20 degrees in December and January.

Tampa is 24 and 22 degrees.

Another 10 hours of driving for you, Joe, and you still are not in the same warm climate that I was talking about.

DDT

Factory Bastard

Must be worse now.

Some Black toughs threatened me outside of a place called East Palo Alto. And CA is considered one of the safer states.

Ya, there's pockets of schwarzers around San Fran. Places like Oakland you may not want to relax in certain areas...

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I guess they're just not afraid to get into fights

In my experience Americans are afraid to get into fights. I think it stems from the fact that they are more worried that their opponent might pull a gun.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
California Border another 300

And it is still cold.

I said Tampa because the temperature is nice and warm from December-February.

Shit, I looked at average high temperatures in Los Angeles in the winter and it is only 20 degrees in December and January.

Tampa is 24 and 22 degrees.

Another 10 hours of driving for you, Joe, and you still are not in the same warm climate that I was talking about.

I don't really like too much heat anymore Prowler. I prefer something warmer and drier than Vancouver but not too hot.

I remember flying into Toronto once in January then flying down to Miami after which I drove down to Key West. It was a cold winter in Toronto and the South tip of Florida only went up to 70F or 21C. Night time maybe 55-60 F?

But it was a lot better than being in Toronto in the middle of winter I suppose. And there were a Lotta Canadians from Ontario, Quebec & the Maritimes down there trying to escape the Canadian winter. I noticed a lot of them didn't seem very well off. Probably poor working class people. BUT They jes wanted ta get away from the damn freezing cold in Canada. Couldn't blame them. I would too for a couple months if I was them.

Thing is, what I noticed was just how far away Toronto and Montreal were from Florida and how far South they had to travel for essentially warm Spring weather. A person has to really travel far if they live in Eastern Canada for some winter warmth. Road travel during the winter months is probably out of the question. Just fly down instead.

At least on the West Coast we can usually drive down 11-12 months of the year and the roads are usually clear. It's not too difficult to access nicer weather & get away from it all in the West Coast.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Must be worse now.

Ya, there's pockets of schwarzers around San Fran. Places like Oakland you may not want to relax in certain areas...

Yeah I think I saw a 12 year old Kid running thru the streets with a pistol in his hand in Oakland. You sense the danger when you drive thru there and residents peer out at you thru shuttered windows.

Kinda scary Oakland.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Same distance as a drive to Calgary.

I can get to Pigeon Forge or Nashville in about the same time. And stop at a lot of way cooler places along the way. Life in B.C. must suck.

Where do you live Prowler?

Southern Ontario?

Trouble with that part of the country is you need to go to Florida to get some warmth and sunshine during the winter.

We can just drive down and in less than a day we're in the beaches in California by suppertime. Not too interested in living in the snow again. Northern Alberta was really cold, eh.

Google Maps says I can get to Tampa in 20 hours, which means about 15 hours if I take the Camaro.

Way faster than you can get to Southern California in a stolen limo.

That's a long way to Florida for ya Prowler!

So maybe yer in New Brunswick/Maritimes ?

In about 1/2 that time we're in California.

Seattle is about 175 miles south of Vancouver. Portland another 150. California Border another 300? So the California coastline is doable in a half a day. It's like going from BC to Alberta only a lot more interesting. Worth the drive.

Actually, now that we're on the subject, I might do it in the spring. A round trip is actually doable in a day of driving.

Kinda strenuous tho. Best to take yer time enjoy the scenery eh.

All the good stuff in California is south of Los Angeles, which is an open sewer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Thing is, what I noticed was just how far away Toronto and Montreal were from Florida and how far South they had to travel for essentially warm Spring weather.

I already covered this, Joe. Toronto to Tampa is a 20 hour drive.

That is less than your drive to L.A..

And Tampa is warmer than L.A..

So suck it.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Must be worse now.

Yeah I think I saw a 12 year old Kid running thru the streets with a pistol in his hand in Oakland. You sense the danger when you drive thru there and residents peer out at you thru shuttered windows.

Kinda scary Oakland.

Was he black?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Actually, now that we're on the subject, I might do it in the spring. A round trip is actually doable in a day of driving.
Done this trip plenty of times! It'll take you about 10 hours to hit the California border if you travel the I5, which is the quickest way. Los Angeles would then be another 11 or so from there.

Though if I was in a car I'd certainly travel the coast highway instead, which would take you quite a bit longer, but well worth it for the scenery.

Yeah it was about 10 hours & suddenly the landscape completely changed. It was dry, cool and all these Redwood trees suddenly appeared. Like something out of a dream. They musta been prehistoric trees when the wooly mammoths & the camels roamed North America.

Did you make it to any of the national parks? They're stunning.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Must be worse now.

Kinda scary Oakland.

I've been there without being scared, probably more times than you. I'm not saying that it can't be dangerous, but people exaggerate the dangers imo.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Must be worse now.

Kinda scary Oakland.

Was he black?

Yeah.

And he looked stoned on drugs.

I think he was about 10-12 years old.

Sadder still when they don't even know what they're doing because they're so out of it.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Done this trip plenty of times! It'll take you about 10 hours to hit the California border if you travel the I5, which is the quickest way. Los Angeles would then be another 11 or so from there.

Though if I was in a car I'd certainly travel the coast highway instead, which would take you quite a bit longer, but well worth it for the scenery.

Yeah it was about 10 hours & suddenly the landscape completely changed. It was dry, cool and all these Redwood trees suddenly appeared. Like something out of a dream. They musta been prehistoric trees when the wooly mammoths & the camels roamed North America.

Yeah I think the I5 goes thru Redwood ntl forest?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Must be worse now.

Kinda scary Oakland.

I've been there without being scared, probably more times than you. I'm not saying that it can't be dangerous, but people exaggerate the dangers imo.

DT Miami seemed dangerous at night too.

Didn't stick around there long.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I meant Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, the parks, not just the forests, though they're gorgeous.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Must be worse now.

Kinda scary Oakland.

Was he black?

Yeah.

Sadder still when they don't even know what they're doing because they're so out of it.

It is sad but predictable when looking at gun crime rates provided by the government.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Must be worse now.

Kinda scary Oakland.

Was he black?

Yeah.

It is sad but predictable when looking at gun crime rates provided by the government.

Southern California would be a nice place to live but the air quality isn't that great.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

It does not. I5 goes through central California from the north and switches to coastal in the south around L.A.. Redwoods National Park is on coastal northern California. You will need to take 101 or 1 to get there.

Last edited:

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Must be worse now.

Kinda scary Oakland.

I've never been. I've been in California almost my whole life, so I'm not attracted to humid climates with all the freaking bugs. The upside of the drier climate is that we hardly have bugs in comparison to other places and you can always cool off.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Must be worse now.

Kinda scary Oakland.

Was he black?

Yeah.

Southern California would be a nice place to live but the air quality isn't that great. Well, and the southern central valley which is polluted by bay area smog. Great area quality in San Diego though.

It is really good here. It is only L.A. or the inland empire where it is bad.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I meant Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, the parks, not just the forests, though they're gorgeous.
No I don't think so.

I stopped off in Mt shasta tho.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

No I don't think so.

Mt Shasta is pretty. I have a childhood memory from there, maybe there's still a picture out there among a family member. We were camping and a deer walked up to our campsite by a picnic table...we fed it Cheetos. lol

I was maybe 7-8 at most, my brother and sister 2 & 4 years younger than me.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Must be worse now.

Kinda scary Oakland.

I've never been. I've been in California almost my whole life, so I'm not attracted to humid climates with all the freaking bugs. The upside of the drier climate is that we hardly have bugs in comparison to other places and you can always cool off.

You should visit Florida just for the stone crabs, seafood, and great night life.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Must be worse now.

Kinda scary Oakland.

From what I saw of the USA's tourist gems I thought California is #1, followed by Hawaii at #2 & down the list a distant #3rd but still quite stunning in its best parts was Florida.

I know these states like to bash each other & there's a rivalry going on but I'd say they are the USA's top 3 states in terms of beauty , diversity and natural beauty.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

No I don't think so.

Mt Shasta and Shasta Lake are cool. Mt. Lassen is much better other than for fishing.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

It does not. I5 goes through central California from the noth and switches to coastal in the south around L.A.. redwoods National Park is on coastal northern California. You will need to take 101 or 1 to get there.

Well anyway I was there too.

So at one point I took those hwy s.

Mostly 5 tho because it was the fastest route.