Mexican food thread

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

That's hilarious. Going through a drive-thru, more than once in ordering a cheeseburger and fries, I've had a native Spanish speaker repeat my order back "cheeseburger, ESPRY (sprite)". No not Sprite, "fries". "Yes, I said 'espry'. I give up and then say, "No queiro la soda 'sprite', quiero 'papitas'". No, I don't want the Sprite soda, I want french fries. Then I get the "Oh"...then a sigh.

The Atomic Punk

Factory Bastard
Had the most excellent tacos at a place called Carlitos in the Garden State Plaza mall in NJ with my daughter. x2 Crispy Fish tacos and a Smoked Brisket taco, along with Street Corn. My daughter had x2 cheese and a pork taco.

Nice!

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Had the most excellent tacos at a place called Carlitos in the Garden State Plaza mall in NJ with my daughter. x2 Crispy Fish tacos and a Smoked Brisket taco, along with Street Corn. My daughter had x2 cheese and a pork taco.

Nice!

Sounds delicious. Some call for Taco Tuesday. When you're Mexican, taco day is any day that ends in Y.

The Atomic Punk

Factory Bastard
Going to Carlitos is a little treat my daughter and I share when shopping for the Mrs. or making a trip shopping …….Its a must-have

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Going to Carlitos is a little treat my daughter and I share when shopping for the Mrs. or making a trip shopping …….Its a must-have

That's a nice outing. It's good to treat your daughter to lunch and do fun things with her. She won't be impressed with the first dude that comes along...her daddy already treated her right.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

When your Latin wife is big mad.

kpDAnH9.jpg

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I've been lazy about making food and tacos can be a little too sloppy. I like wrapping up burritos with the protein and fixings.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I've been lazy about making food and tacos can be a little too sloppy. I like wrapping up burritos with the protein and fixings.

Secret to a less messy taco is not overfilling for the tortilla. And practice.

Also, if you notice the leaning in also includes a heat tilt. You tilt your head and don't move your taco around, especially not making it vertical.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Secret to a less messy taco is not overfilling for the tortilla. And practice.
I know how to eat without making a complete mess of myself, Woman!

* okay, that's a lie. lol

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I know how to eat without making a complete mess of myself, Woman!

* okay, that's a lie. lol

I don't! I make a mess of my tops all the time. I just opened this stainless steel shaker that we put cinnamon and powdered sugar into for French toast. I yanked off the top and *poof* powdered sugar and cinnamon on my nightgown.

Dammit! Of course the guy laughs. He always laughs at this quirk of mine. He finds it hilarious that I constantly spill, drop or drip food on myself and the innocent people around me.

Marvin

Factory Bastard
Uhmm if you must know I am not spanish/Mexican but I do have some Portuguese in me from The Moms side. Her grandmemama was from Portugal.. so have had many a dish from there homemade. Fucking delicious for the most part.. although I like it too many octupussy dishes.. still the rest is so delicious. Some German in there.. have to ask who and how far back that goes

The dads side almost entirely Scottish although I think somewhere do on his mom(no he didn't go down on her perverts)a fee generations she had Irish in her bloods. Definitely all the way Scottish on the dads father side several traced it back over 200 years!!!

but if someone made Mexican i'd eat it.. the spicer the better because thats how i roll when drinking beer. If I ain't drinking alcohol of any kind.. I am a mellow mild laidback kinda man