Morning Cuppa with Mona.

Mona

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Welcome to my thread, pull up a comfy seat and grab yourself a cuppa and have a chat. Ask any questions, tell me any random things that you'd like me to know.... make yourself at home. Just don't shit on the carpet.

OP
OP
Mona

Mona

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Good evening! (Well, your morning, I suppose.) It's Friday night here. I have an early start at work tomorrow, so just relaxing on the laptop in a totally silent house. The boys are with their dad this weekend.

Today I discovered that I'm definitely going to Hell. (Not a surprise to me, just to those around me who don't know me well enough to know how my mind works.) I accompanied my mother to Church today. And the Priest kept forgetting his lines, so my mind wandered, taking in only random words.... somehow my brain heard "eat of my flesh and drink of my blood" and "came back to life three days later" and came up with the musing that Jesus must have been the first vampire.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Morning Mona. Having my first cup of coffee. My mind always wondered any time I went to church. Its normal and don’t think you go to hell. I have 3 things to accomplish today. CATV guy to put in another box at 9:30. The super market, and repotting 2 begonias. Might walk down to the beach if the wind is blowing in the right direction after 3:00.

OP
OP
Mona

Mona

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I'm not going to Hell for my mind wandering... but I probably will for thinking that Jesus was probably the original vampire.

Wazzzup

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I'm not going to Hell for my mind wandering... but I probably will for thinking that Jesus was probably the original vampire.
I don't think he drank blood but he wanted others to drink his blood and eat his flesh. Don't know if that vampirism or just a weird fetish.

CorsetKat

Factory Feline
Site Supporter
My theory is God was a hermaphrodite, seeing as man was made in his image and wimancame from a rib, or some shit.

OP
OP
Mona

Mona

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My theory is that the bible was pretty much the equivalent of Aesop's Fables. Made up stories with a moral to teach a point. Not ever intended to be taken literally. Just as an easy way to explain right from wrong in a generalised way.

I don't actually think that God is male, female or a hermaphrodite. I think the "made in his image" bit was an egotistical additon by the authors. I personally think that what ever "God/Goddess/the Universe" actually are, is pure energy. Light/colour/vibration. But not a physical form.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
When our life on earth is over we will find out if there is something after and for sure if there is ain't going to be that horse shit they teach in Sunday School!!!

Wazzzup

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I think when life is over you just go to the same place you were all the thousands of years before you were born. A long sleep with no dreams you never wake from. Somehow humans have always had trouble accepting that idea, so they make things up .

I could be wrong though, as no one has ever come back to life to tell us.

OP
OP
Mona

Mona

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
What if heading towards the light just expels you from another vagina to start life over again?

Lioness

Mrs. Jones
Site Supporter
Good morning, Mona.

The first vampire. I like this theory. It makes sense on so many levels.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
What if heading towards the light just expels you from another vagina to start life over again?
Ha-make's me think back to when people tell me to go back to where I came from and would say>>>I don't think I will fit<<< anyways my Mom passed away last year so that option is closed- - - - - - -

CorsetKat

Factory Feline
Site Supporter
I think we recycle, but I don't think the turn around is that fast, and I think you can get stuck in some sort of limbo.

Lioness

Mrs. Jones
Site Supporter
It's Friday. I need an extra shot of espresso in my cuppa already. The night was long and full of terrors.

OP
OP
Mona

Mona

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I can relate to the coffee need but not the terror filled night... I hope tonight is an improvement for you. It's Saturday here, now. But I had a long week and an early start on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and was sorely in need of caffeine. Still am, and I slept in today.

I woke up with the sneezes, headache and a slight earache... but my friend and I have come to the conclusion that it's simply the result of being allergic to my kids. I'm still taking the boys to her house for my baby cuddles with her precious little princess this afternoon.

OP
OP
Mona

Mona

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Monday morning here... the kids are all at school and I am able to relax in front of the heater, and drink tea or coffee, in peace, to my heart's content. I don't work Mondays. But I do have to work tomorrow. Today is a recovery day... to get over the weekend before I have to start the working week.

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
On the subject of Theology.
The local Baptists dropped off a rather hefty advertisment for tehir cause, about the size of an Avon Catalog. Being curious I had to look. It conatined the books Romans and John. Taken from the Apparent Authority of the Gospel in the English language , the King James Bible.
So on the very first page there is bold script telling me to go to pg 42.. and so I do and there is a selected passage highlited with a line leading down to instruction to go to page 53, another highlighted passage..and so on.
It was a Christian Choose your own adventure.
Being a filthy Heathen , I was intrigued. So I carefully wrote down all the selected passages and read them.
The Gist: Your a little shit because you're a "sinner" and this "sin" ,though not your fault because apparently Adam decided to use the free will this God gave him and disobeyed this God, has been passed down through the generations to rest on you, and if you do not repent for the sin you didn't do, well then you'll never know this Kingdom that this Jesus fellow speaks of. vauguely.
So this God made you a little shit so that you can know his love. But only if you repent. For something you didn't do.

Now the Bible I had read started with a Creation story.. two folks made of dirt and bone, and a lot of Begating.
So.. clever marketing..

"Is there something missing in your life? Try some Guilt! Join us for prayer you little shit or burrrrrrrn!"

Hmm.. Jesus could have been a vampire..a middle eastern vampire...novel thought.

OP
OP
Mona

Mona

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I like your take on organised religion. My father likens it to organised crime. Neither organisation pays taxes, and both take you for everything they can.

Dageaux

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My Sicilian grandfather had 8 children, was a groundskeeper/custodian at a monastery , and lived in a fairly large house in New Orleans. I didn't know them very well, and for most of my life I thought he was connected. How else could a grounds keeper afford 8 kids and a house on a huge piece of land right in the middle of prime real estate? When he passed, or rather when my Nana passed I found out. He wasnt working for the mob, he was working for the church, the "original Italian Mafia" the house actually belonged to the church and they let him and his family live there until he and my grandmother died, then the house reverted back to the church.

Lots of similarities there.

OP
OP
Mona

Mona

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Hope the weekend makes it all worthwhile, Lioness. I had Friday off this week, so I've spent the day doing as little as possible. I do have to work half of tomorrow and on Sunday, but then I get the next two days off. I've been binging on Netflix and relaxing in front of the heater, because I was frozen through. It was so cold (to me) this mornng that I literally drove the kids to school in a tracksuit. My son actually asked me if I was leaving the house dressed like that. I told him that I was, because I didn't have to get out of the car at all. I think he was shocked. I normally would at least put on jeans to go out, I generally don't go anywhere in tracksuits.

I watched some Vampire Diaries, and then switched to a rom com tonight. I just felt like I'd had enough gore and guts for one day. Plus, I'm on the last season of Vampire Diaries and can't decide what to watch next, so I'm delaying the inevitable.