My Cousin with long Covid.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
Some of you might know I have a Cousin that was an early Covid patient, she is still experiencing debilitating issues some 2 years later.

This is a recent update.

COVID Update:
It's been a while since I've given an update on my battle to get past this gnarly case of Long-COVID.
I'm fighting it with all I've got. I was admitted into the University Long COVID program and have been approved by my insurance to participate in the Physical Therapy and Cognitive Therapy programs offered there. The starting point for both programs is the protocol established for recovery from a major concussion. The similarities between Long-COVID and a major concussion are many, so it seems like a logical place to begin creating a protocol for this new affliction.
The physical therapy emphasizes identifying my current activity limits and ...this is the interesting part ... NOT pressing beyond it. Every fitness coach I've ever had has encouraged me to "push harder" to build my strength and stamina. Not this one. I've wondered why, and now I know:
Pushing beyond my body's current limits has terrible repercussions and can actually reverse progress I've made.
I found that out the hard way. Last week I had two days in a row where I needed to get up way before I normally rise. Thursday I had to take Mom in for an early morning blood transfusion and iron infusion. It was a 5 hour process, and I was pretty wiped out the rest of the day. Friday morning, I got up about 8:30am and baked two scratch cakes (a cheese cake and a flourless chocolate cake) in preparation for a birthday celebration that night with three wonderful friends. I cleaned the loft, walked across the street to the store to pick up something lovely to grill, etc. The first guest arrived at about 5:45 and left about 10:30. And by the time I got the place mostly cleaned up, it was 11pm ... and I thought I was dying.
Literally.
Throwing a dinner party where I've been prepping all day used to be as easy for me as floating on my back on a crystal lake. It's been over two years since the last time I did that, though. And I don't ever remember hurting so much ... not ever, for anything. I was sore from the soles of my feet to my scalp. It wasn't like I'd pulled a muscle. It was more like a 104 degree fever. I was exhausted and hurt all over. I went to bed and slept hard. But every time I needed to turn, the pain woke me up, but the exhaustion would put me right back asleep. I slept until 2:30pm on Saturday, and then forced myself to get up because I had another friend coming over at 5:00pm.
It has been nearly a week, and I'm still not right. I am experiencing a shortness of breath, nightly elevated temps of 99.5 and up, fatigue like two years ago when I first got infected.
I need to listen to my therapists!
Both my PT and CT have told me EVERY SINGLE ONE of the patients they see with Long-COVID contracted COVID before getting double vaccinated. Their case load is filled with people like me who got sick before a vaccine was available or before they could get both vaccines (or who decided they didn't need to be vaccinated).
No one knows yet if the new strains out there will result in Long-COVID like the early one did. But it seems like a good idea to play it safe and do all you can to avoid getting it.
Stay well, my friends!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
@Admin. I've been offered a Novavax booster shot by the local health authority week. It's a new vaccine from the States which according to some sources seems to be more resistant to Omicron or BA.2 than Pfizer or Moderna.

So I think i'll give it a try.

Hope there's no adverse side effects.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Getting back to the topic I was offered a booster with Pfizer or Moderna but declined.

Pfizer is said to be only 30% effective against Omicron.

Both Sweden & Indonesia adopted Novavax and their covid rates have fallen considerably.

Cuba didn't use Pfizer or Moderna. They made their own vaccines somewhat similar to Novavax & their rates fell quite substantially too.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The real problem people have to address is finding a way to protect ones self against a self perpetuating virus that is artificial & created in a lab. Like some virulent African Bee it escaped & has overwhelmed the planet. So theyve had to come up with vaccines against what is essentially a man made virus.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Wouldn't surprise me if the chinks cooked something like it up in the lab, in an effort to weaken the West for the final Chinese takeover...

In which case both & Russia & China colluded to introduce their own version of a New World Order. Seems China has tried to weaken the US while Russia is working on Europe. China & Russia are like a tag team.

China decided to take over & help itself to Hong Kong while America's was weakened by the Pandemic & its pants were down.

Meanwhile Russia decided to invade & help itself to the Ukraine while Europe was hobbled by the Pandemic & vulnerable economically.

Yeah it does seem like more than just a coincidence.

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
@Bastard Factory, now that your Butt Buddy @Oerdin Has come in here and shit sprayed diarrhea on my Covid thread, you might as well dump it into meltdown, so the fucktard haters can express more hate.
Its kind of difficult to take you seriously Admin. Just sayin.
Why do we even have the no "troll zone" then for fucks sake?????????????????? Either upstairs is no trolling/flaming or it is not, now which is it?
My first instinct is to say "Yea, I've personally seen Admin shit on threads in the General". Am I wrong?
when they are obviously shit threads. i may have possibly been guilty.
My Next Door Neighbor just had covid starting a couple weeks ago, had what he described as a 'bad motherfucking cold" One other Neighbor down the road a bit closer to the beach, Red Neck Accountant Mike, was in the Hospital for a week with the rona's he just came home.

Were any of them vaxxed?

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
@Bastard Factory, now that your Butt Buddy @Oerdin Has come in here and shit sprayed diarrhea on my Covid thread, you might as well dump it into meltdown, so the fucktard haters can express more hate.
Why do we even have the no "troll zone" then for fucks sake?????????????????? Either upstairs is no trolling/flaming or it is not, now which is it?
My first instinct is to say "Yea, I've personally seen Admin shit on threads in the General". Am I wrong?
My Next Door Neighbor just had covid starting a couple weeks ago, had what he described as a 'bad motherfucking cold" One other Neighbor down the road a bit closer to the beach, Red Neck Accountant Mike, was in the Hospital for a week with the rona's he just came home.

Were any of them vaxxed?
Both double vaxxed, hospitalized guy wasn't boosted.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Were any of them vaxxed?

Yeah I'm not going with Pfizer or Moderna this time.

I bet the reason people are still getting sick after using them is those vaccines are simply too old to be of any use. They're using a 2+ year old formula against all those new variants. Maybe it's like pitting Russian tanks against javelin missles. They have little or no defense against them. Old technology against something new.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Were any of them vaxxed?

I bet the reason people are still getting sick after using them is those vaccines are simply too old to be of any use. They're using a 2+ year old formula against all those new variants. Maybe it's like pitting Russian tanks against javelin missles. They have little or no defense against them. Old technology against something new.
Some Science guys, ie guys that look at "The Science" Not Talk Shows, are starting to think covid will keep mutating "weaker" until it becomes possibly just another variation of "The Flu" But we are probably still a bit away from that mythical "Herd Immunity" some of us were programmed to bleat about a year or two ago.

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Were any of them vaxxed?

Some Science guys, ie guys that look at "The Science" Not Talk Shows, are starting to think covid will keep mutating "weaker" until it becomes possibly just another variation of "The Flu"

I just listened to Spock and I never caught COVID:

In other words the official explanation didnt /doesn't make any sense and the authorities misjudged this virus and the situation. Like Spock said, it simply wasn't logical.

I used my own approach methods of vaccination and so far it seems to have worked.

You could have probably derived as much if not more protection against Covid using a cocktail of conventional vaccines like MMR TDAP pneumonia meningitis hepatitis & shingles.

That's what I did when the pandemic began cuz I always suspected that it it was am artificially created virus made in a lab combining many viruses together to create the most deadly one.

Like why did people get pneumonia shingles or meningitis after contracting covid? It doesn't make any sense. It'd be the equivalent of stubbing your toe and then gettin lung cancer the next day.

Covid had to be a Bioweapon.

Even the top experts said they have never seen a disease like covid before.

I'm even thinking of getting more traditional vaccines like for encephalitis and rabies. Essentially ive got a subscription with the local vaccine clinic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Were any of them vaxxed?

Some Science guys, ie guys that look at "The Science" Not Talk Shows, are starting to think covid will keep mutating "weaker" until it becomes possibly just another variation of "The Flu"

In other words the official explanation didnt /doesn't make any sense and the authorities misjudged this virus and the situation. Like Spock said, it simply wasn't logical.

I used my own approach methods of vaccination and so far it seems to have worked.

You could have probably derived as much if not more protection against Covid using a cocktail of conventional vaccines like MMR TDAP pneumonia meningitis hepatitis & shingles.

That's what I did when the pandemic began cuz I always suspected that it it was am artificially created virus made in a lab combining many viruses together to create the most deadly one.

Like why did people get pneumonia shingles or meningitis after contracting covid? It doesn't make any sense. It'd be the equivalent of stubbing your toe and then gettin lung cancer the next day.

I'm even thinking of getting more traditional vaccines like for encephalitis and rabies. Essentially ive got a subscription with the local vaccine clinic.

No Joe, there is no vast case of neglect, or cover up, or international intrigue, it was a fucking virus....a virus.....viruses are older than humans are, they don't give a fuck about red states or blue state or good China or bad China, or good Korea or Bad Korea, they are an earthly lifeform we may only be just beginning to understand. Could some Governments taken them more seriously, before they became personal yes, would that have saved some lives more than likely yes.....but it was/is an entirely apolitical virus.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Were any of them vaxxed?

No Joe, there is no vast case of neglect, or cover up, or international intrigue, it was a fucking virus....a virus.....viruses are older than humans are, they don't give a fuck about red states or blue state or good China or bad China, or good Korea or Bad Korea, they are an earthly lifeform we may only be just beginning to understand. Could some Governments taken them more seriously, before they became personal yes, would that have saved some lives more than likely yes.....but it was/is an entirely apolitical virus.

Early on, I was completely on board with this just being another shitty virus from China. After all, the new flu variants have originated from China since the dawn of dirt. After about 8 months though, it seemed like China went out of their way to be uncooperative. Usually, they just DGAF about what naturally comes from their country. Granted, this was far worse than normal but not much more so than SARS. I also had more and more trouble accepting the idea that this jumped from bat to pangolin to man. I think the most likely scenario is this was a somewhat low level virus that was mutated to infect people and some dumb ass fucked around and found out. China covered it up to cover their ass and were probably aided by U.S. entities if they were at risk of political condemnation. Thankfully, it wasnt much much worse. If anything with a high infection rate an 50% + mortality rate gets released, we're fucked.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Anybody who gets any of these jabs deserves to die painfully for their stupidity.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Were any of them vaxxed?

Early on, I was completely on board with this just being another shitty virus from China. After all, the new flu variants have originated from China since the dawn of dirt. After about 8 months though, it seemed like China went out of their way to be uncooperative. Usually, they just DGAF about what naturally comes from their country. Granted, this was far worse than normal but not much more so than SARS. I also had more and more trouble accepting the idea that this jumped from bat to pangolin to man. I think the most likely scenario is this was a somewhat low level virus that was mutated to infect people and some dumb ass fucked around and found out. China covered it up to cover their ass and were probably aided by U.S. entities if they were at risk of political condemnation. Thankfully, it wasnt much much worse. If anything with a high infection rate an 50% + mortality rate gets released, we're fucked.

Viruses occur naturally and do not really gaf about us, unless we are a refuge or vector for them.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Were any of them vaxxed?

PS, you started off so rationally, then went of the rails on the Chi-nah people, yellow peril rant.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Were any of them vaxxed?

Viruses occur naturally and do not really gaf about us, unless we are a refuge or vector for them.

Oh, I agree. Still, there's no denying that different government agencies are doing research and shit happens.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Were any of them vaxxed?

PS, you started off so rationally, then went of the rails on the Chi-nah people, yellow peril rant.

I dont think so and it wasnt a racist rant. I sincerely believe our government invests in off shore research facilities because they limit their liability by doing so. It could have just as easily been any country on the planet. China offers convenience and it has nothing to due with their genetics.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Were any of them vaxxed?

@Admin. I'm just letting you know what I did to combat COVID....long before a vaccine was even available for it. I read several reports that some conventional vaccines appeared to offer cross protection against the virus so I got em.

People laughed at me.

But the ones who did eventually got Covid but I didn't.

Pfizer ain't no magic bullet. If you got Covid you still woulda got it if you were vaxxed with Pfizer.

That's why I suggested conventional vaccines might be just as effective at combating covid.

Last edited:

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Were any of them vaxxed?

Admin. I'm just letting you know what I did to combat COVID....long before a vaccine was even available for it. I read several reports that some conventional vaccines appeared to offer cross protection against the virus so I got em.

Joe, the immune system has to recognize the virus as the enemy. I'm not sure an unrelated vaccine would do much. If it could, I'd have to understand the mechanics of it to believe its possible.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Were any of them vaxxed?

Admin. I'm just letting you know what I did to combat COVID....long before a vaccine was even available for it. I read several reports that some conventional vaccines appeared to offer cross protection against the virus so I got em.

Joe, the immune system has to recognize the virus as the enemy. I'm not sure an unrelated vaccine would do much. If it could, I'd have to understand the mechanics of it to believe its possible.

So why does Ivermectin or hydroxichloroquinine appear to offer some resistance, however minimal, against COVID? Why do some people swear by zinc or vitamin C tablets @Lokmar?

Because it's users are all banking on the medical principle or phenomenon of cross reactivity.

This isn't a new idea either. Scientists and doctors have known for quite some time that certain apparently unrelated medicines & nutritional supplements may be effective at combating other diseases as well. They may not be cures, but they lessen the severity of symptoms, aid in the patient's recovery & possibly prevent death.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Were any of them vaxxed?

So why does Ivermectin or hydroxichloroquinine appear to offer some resistance, however minimal, against COVID? Why do some people swear by zinc or vitamin C tablets @Lokmar?

Because it's users are all banking on the medical principle or phenomenon of cross reactivity.

This isn't a new idea either. Scientists and doctors have known for quite some time that certain apparently unrelated medicines & nutritional supplements may be effective at combating other diseases as well. They may not be cures, but they lessen the severity of symptoms, aid in the patient's recovery & possibly prevent death.

Immune response is different than a chemical inhibitor to a virus. The jab supposedly teaches your immune system to make proteins that attack the virus. Zinc is a well known element that destroys respiratory virus'. Vitamin C is a well known immune system support chemical. Ivermectin allegedly inhibits virus reproduction.

BTW, here's some jab news:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Were any of them vaxxed?

Immune response is different than a chemical inhibitor to a virus. The jab supposedly teaches your immune system to make proteins that attack the virus. Zinc is a well known element that destroys respiratory virus'. Vitamin C is a well known immune system support chemical. Ivermectin allegedly inhibits virus reproduction.

BTW, here's some jab news:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Multifaceted approach.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Some of you might know I have a Cousin that was an early Covid patient, she is still experiencing debilitating issues some 2 years later.

This is a recent update.

COVID Update:
It's been a while since I've given an update on my battle to get past this gnarly case of Long-COVID.
I'm fighting it with all I've got. I was admitted into the University Long COVID program and have been approved by my insurance to participate in the Physical Therapy and Cognitive Therapy programs offered there. The starting point for both programs is the protocol established for recovery from a major concussion. The similarities between Long-COVID and a major concussion are many, so it seems like a logical place to begin creating a protocol for this new affliction.
The physical therapy emphasizes identifying my current activity limits and ...this is the interesting part ... NOT pressing beyond it. Every fitness coach I've ever had has encouraged me to "push harder" to build my strength and stamina. Not this one. I've wondered why, and now I know:
Pushing beyond my body's current limits has terrible repercussions and can actually reverse progress I've made.
I found that out the hard way. Last week I had two days in a row where I needed to get up way before I normally rise. Thursday I had to take Mom in for an early morning blood transfusion and iron infusion. It was a 5 hour process, and I was pretty wiped out the rest of the day. Friday morning, I got up about 8:30am and baked two scratch cakes (a cheese cake and a flourless chocolate cake) in preparation for a birthday celebration that night with three wonderful friends. I cleaned the loft, walked across the street to the store to pick up something lovely to grill, etc. The first guest arrived at about 5:45 and left about 10:30. And by the time I got the place mostly cleaned up, it was 11pm ... and I thought I was dying.
Literally.
Throwing a dinner party where I've been prepping all day used to be as easy for me as floating on my back on a crystal lake. It's been over two years since the last time I did that, though. And I don't ever remember hurting so much ... not ever, for anything. I was sore from the soles of my feet to my scalp. It wasn't like I'd pulled a muscle. It was more like a 104 degree fever. I was exhausted and hurt all over. I went to bed and slept hard. But every time I needed to turn, the pain woke me up, but the exhaustion would put me right back asleep. I slept until 2:30pm on Saturday, and then forced myself to get up because I had another friend coming over at 5:00pm.
It has been nearly a week, and I'm still not right. I am experiencing a shortness of breath, nightly elevated temps of 99.5 and up, fatigue like two years ago when I first got infected.
Both my PT and CT have told me EVERY SINGLE ONE of the patients they see with Long-COVID contracted COVID before getting double vaccinated. Their case load is filled with people like me who got sick before a vaccine was available or before they could get both vaccines (or who decided they didn't need to be vaccinated).
No one knows yet if the new strains out there will result in Long-COVID like the early one did. But it seems like a good idea to play it safe and do all you can to avoid getting it.
Stay well, my friends!

When I was at my Uncle's Funeral yesterday one person was not in attendance & I was told that she has Long Covid even tho she was vaxxed. It has been a debilitating experience for her & she's had this for over a year. Can't get out of bed & has had to take an extended leave of absence from work. Maybe she'll never be able to return to her old job.

So....Covid & it's long term effects are very real.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I have long covid. Not as bad as your cousin's, but I do have days where I can do nothing, and some days where I sleep and sleep. I was never able to nap in my life before I got this. It's very annoying because I never know whether I will have a good day or a bad day and literally no one I know is going through this, so it's weird always being hesitant about making plans. No one else quite gets it. They think I'm just being a weirdo, honestly. I am very sick of being profoundly exhausted. I read yesterday that long covid is kind of like the often long after effects of Epstein Barr. I also had that. It lasted three years. I'm at 2 years, 2 months with the long Covid.

I also got covid long before there was a vaccine.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

This is a recent update.

COVID Update:
Literally.
Stay well, my friends!

Good post.... my unvaccinated niece was carted off to hospital today...or yesterday I should say because Ive gone past midnight here.... anyway she has 4 kids... Her mother (my sister) is triple vaxxed and her ordeal only lasted 4 days when she came down with Omicron.... I have Omicron now too but I am recovering.

It is going through my state like shit through a goose but we have 95% vaccination rate.

Western Australia blocked out the rest of the world for 2 years until we reached 80% vaccination rate and now the result is paying off.

I have little confidence in the mRNA vaccines but more confidence in Novavax but if I have to be really honest and confident in a product it is the new Lagevrio molnupiravir which is an antiviral drug that seems to have worked on me well...

My throat and lungs were so bad on day 3 it was excruciating to cough.

Your sister has chronic fatigue syndrome. I had/have that... The cure is find the old Pritikin diet book about the REGRESSION diet... go on it for 3 months.... watch how that cures you... but dont go on it forever...its extreme... Try it for a week even.

• Interesting
Reactions: Joe

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
When I did google it they just say the symptoms are real but they have no idea what actually is going on.

Last edited:

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I have long covid. Not as bad as your cousin's, but I do have days where I can do nothing, and some days where I sleep and sleep. I was never able to nap in my life before I got this. It's very annoying because I never know whether I will have a good day or a bad day and literally no one I know is going through this, so it's weird always being hesitant about making plans. No one else quite gets it. They think I'm just being a weirdo, honestly. I am very sick of being profoundly exhausted. I read yesterday that long covid is kind of like the often long after effects of Epstein Barr. I also had that. It lasted three years. I'm at 2 years, 2 months with the long Covid.

I also got covid long before there was a vaccine.
I hope I don't have this, Lotus. I had Covid (supposedly the mild version) a couple of weeks ago and have been extremely fatigued. I'm talking where I could fall asleep while standing. I just had bloodwork done, so I know that it's not something else causing this. I'm hoping that this is temporary and that perhaps my sickness was just a shock to my body that hasn't fully recovered. We shall see :/

• Interesting
Reactions: Joe