My Cousin with long Covid.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I have long covid. Not as bad as your cousin's, but I do have days where I can do nothing, and some days where I sleep and sleep. I was never able to nap in my life before I got this. It's very annoying because I never know whether I will have a good day or a bad day and literally no one I know is going through this, so it's weird always being hesitant about making plans. No one else quite gets it. They think I'm just being a weirdo, honestly. I am very sick of being profoundly exhausted. I read yesterday that long covid is kind of like the often long after effects of Epstein Barr. I also had that. It lasted three years. I'm at 2 years, 2 months with the long Covid.

I also got covid long before there was a vaccine.
I hope I don't have this, Lotus. I had Covid (supposedly the mild version) a couple of weeks ago and have been extremely fatigued. I'm talking where I could fall asleep while standing. I just had bloodwork done, so I know that it's not something else causing this. I'm hoping that this is temporary and that perhaps my sickness was just a shock to my body that hasn't fully recovered. We shall see :/

It took me a while to feel 100 percent again as well.

It sucks :/ I'm sorry. I hope it goes away soon. It took me nearly a month.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I have long covid. Not as bad as your cousin's, but I do have days where I can do nothing, and some days where I sleep and sleep. I was never able to nap in my life before I got this. It's very annoying because I never know whether I will have a good day or a bad day and literally no one I know is going through this, so it's weird always being hesitant about making plans. No one else quite gets it. They think I'm just being a weirdo, honestly. I am very sick of being profoundly exhausted. I read yesterday that long covid is kind of like the often long after effects of Epstein Barr. I also had that. It lasted three years. I'm at 2 years, 2 months with the long Covid.

I also got covid long before there was a vaccine.
I hope I don't have this, Lotus. I had Covid (supposedly the mild version) a couple of weeks ago and have been extremely fatigued. I'm talking where I could fall asleep while standing. I just had bloodwork done, so I know that it's not something else causing this. I'm hoping that this is temporary and that perhaps my sickness was just a shock to my body that hasn't fully recovered. We shall see :/

Yeah. I get just that tired. But, with you it could just be the covid that's still lingering. There can be some in there even when you're testing neg. I wouldn't worry unless it's still happening a month from now. Here's hoping you don't get it. It sucks. I also read today that it's much less common with later iterations of the virus, so there's that.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Go on the regression diet of Pritikin... it is an extreme vegetarian diet and IT WORKS....your energy will return.

I recommend it as a temporary diet... not longer than 3 months.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Long covid or is it really poison shot into the veins of the gullible which is performing as intended....

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
Remember to get your 6th booster goy, it's for your own good!!

Don't pay any attention to side effects, trust teh science!

kekpzer.png

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
DO not listen to the 2 fools above....actually that is wrong... Listen to everyone... then ask God who will direct you through your intuition which is the best advice to listen to.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Some of you might know I have a Cousin that was an early Covid patient, she is still experiencing debilitating issues some 2 years later.

This is a recent update.

COVID Update:
It's been a while since I've given an update on my battle to get past this gnarly case of Long-COVID.
I'm fighting it with all I've got. I was admitted into the University Long COVID program and have been approved by my insurance to participate in the Physical Therapy and Cognitive Therapy programs offered there. The starting point for both programs is the protocol established for recovery from a major concussion. The similarities between Long-COVID and a major concussion are many, so it seems like a logical place to begin creating a protocol for this new affliction.
The physical therapy emphasizes identifying my current activity limits and ...this is the interesting part ... NOT pressing beyond it. Every fitness coach I've ever had has encouraged me to "push harder" to build my strength and stamina. Not this one. I've wondered why, and now I know:
Pushing beyond my body's current limits has terrible repercussions and can actually reverse progress I've made.
I found that out the hard way. Last week I had two days in a row where I needed to get up way before I normally rise. Thursday I had to take Mom in for an early morning blood transfusion and iron infusion. It was a 5 hour process, and I was pretty wiped out the rest of the day. Friday morning, I got up about 8:30am and baked two scratch cakes (a cheese cake and a flourless chocolate cake) in preparation for a birthday celebration that night with three wonderful friends. I cleaned the loft, walked across the street to the store to pick up something lovely to grill, etc. The first guest arrived at about 5:45 and left about 10:30. And by the time I got the place mostly cleaned up, it was 11pm ... and I thought I was dying.
Literally.
Throwing a dinner party where I've been prepping all day used to be as easy for me as floating on my back on a crystal lake. It's been over two years since the last time I did that, though. And I don't ever remember hurting so much ... not ever, for anything. I was sore from the soles of my feet to my scalp. It wasn't like I'd pulled a muscle. It was more like a 104 degree fever. I was exhausted and hurt all over. I went to bed and slept hard. But every time I needed to turn, the pain woke me up, but the exhaustion would put me right back asleep. I slept until 2:30pm on Saturday, and then forced myself to get up because I had another friend coming over at 5:00pm.
It has been nearly a week, and I'm still not right. I am experiencing a shortness of breath, nightly elevated temps of 99.5 and up, fatigue like two years ago when I first got infected.
I need to listen to my therapists!
Both my PT and CT have told me EVERY SINGLE ONE of the patients they see with Long-COVID contracted COVID before getting double vaccinated. Their case load is filled with people like me who got sick before a vaccine was available or before they could get both vaccines (or who decided they didn't need to be vaccinated).
No one knows yet if the new strains out there will result in Long-COVID like the early one did. But it seems like a good idea to play it safe and do all you can to avoid getting it.
Stay well, my friends!

Good post.... my unvaccinated niece was carted off to hospital today...or yesterday I should say because Ive gone past midnight here.... anyway she has 4 kids... Her mother (my sister) is triple vaxxed and her ordeal only lasted 4 days when she came down with Omicron.... I have Omicron now too but I am recovering.

It is going through my state like shit through a goose but we have 95% vaccination rate.

Western Australia blocked out the rest of the world for 2 years until we reached 80% vaccination rate and now the result is paying off.

I have little confidence in the mRNA vaccines but more confidence in Novavax but if I have to be really honest and confident in a product it is the new Lagevrio molnupiravir which is an antiviral drug that seems to have worked on me well...

My throat and lungs were so bad on day 3 it was excruciating to cough.

Your sister has chronic fatigue syndrome. I had/have that... The cure is find the old Pritikin diet book about the REGRESSION diet... go on it for 3 months.... watch how that cures you... but dont go on it forever...its extreme... Try it for a week even.

So...you contracted COVID/Omicron AFTER you received the Novavax jab, @Omnipotent ?

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Some of you might know I have a Cousin that was an early Covid patient, she is still experiencing debilitating issues some 2 years later.

This is a recent update.

COVID Update:
It's been a while since I've given an update on my battle to get past this gnarly case of Long-COVID.
I'm fighting it with all I've got. I was admitted into the University Long COVID program and have been approved by my insurance to participate in the Physical Therapy and Cognitive Therapy programs offered there. The starting point for both programs is the protocol established for recovery from a major concussion. The similarities between Long-COVID and a major concussion are many, so it seems like a logical place to begin creating a protocol for this new affliction.
The physical therapy emphasizes identifying my current activity limits and ...this is the interesting part ... NOT pressing beyond it. Every fitness coach I've ever had has encouraged me to "push harder" to build my strength and stamina. Not this one. I've wondered why, and now I know:
Pushing beyond my body's current limits has terrible repercussions and can actually reverse progress I've made.
I found that out the hard way. Last week I had two days in a row where I needed to get up way before I normally rise. Thursday I had to take Mom in for an early morning blood transfusion and iron infusion. It was a 5 hour process, and I was pretty wiped out the rest of the day. Friday morning, I got up about 8:30am and baked two scratch cakes (a cheese cake and a flourless chocolate cake) in preparation for a birthday celebration that night with three wonderful friends. I cleaned the loft, walked across the street to the store to pick up something lovely to grill, etc. The first guest arrived at about 5:45 and left about 10:30. And by the time I got the place mostly cleaned up, it was 11pm ... and I thought I was dying.
Literally.
Throwing a dinner party where I've been prepping all day used to be as easy for me as floating on my back on a crystal lake. It's been over two years since the last time I did that, though. And I don't ever remember hurting so much ... not ever, for anything. I was sore from the soles of my feet to my scalp. It wasn't like I'd pulled a muscle. It was more like a 104 degree fever. I was exhausted and hurt all over. I went to bed and slept hard. But every time I needed to turn, the pain woke me up, but the exhaustion would put me right back asleep. I slept until 2:30pm on Saturday, and then forced myself to get up because I had another friend coming over at 5:00pm.
It has been nearly a week, and I'm still not right. I am experiencing a shortness of breath, nightly elevated temps of 99.5 and up, fatigue like two years ago when I first got infected.
I need to listen to my therapists!
Both my PT and CT have told me EVERY SINGLE ONE of the patients they see with Long-COVID contracted COVID before getting double vaccinated. Their case load is filled with people like me who got sick before a vaccine was available or before they could get both vaccines (or who decided they didn't need to be vaccinated).
No one knows yet if the new strains out there will result in Long-COVID like the early one did. But it seems like a good idea to play it safe and do all you can to avoid getting it.
Stay well, my friends!
I haven’t suffered from Covid yet to date…I also have a long cock!

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
I've never gotten covid, fuckstick.... so I can't be spreading something I haven't been infected with.

Goodness, you're stupid.
You do not have to be symptomatic to spread covid, maybe you should get out of bed earlier in the morning.