My experience with Cryptocurrency.

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
I was too late hopping onto the Bitcoin craze, but Cryptocurrency had always been an interest of mine ever since I started reading about it in the 2000's. I knew there was a chance that the market would be bullish with very low volatility, which was exactly what I was looking for. It was in 2014 that I cashed out 80% of my investments to invest in Cryptocurrency, much to my husband's chagrin.

I had been hearing a lot about a Cryptocurrency called Ethereum in 2014 and early 2015. I decided to purchase 1,000 "coins" in mid 2015 with a blockchain group of like minded investors at a closing price of .47 cents, giving our group 100,000 coins. Everyone thought I was crazy, this put a tremendous amount of stress on my marriage at the time, but I reassured my spouse that, "I had a feeling about this" and he was adamant that the Bitcoin price of $240 would fall and this trend would not last with the other Cryptocurrencies.

I held onto my Ethereum. I even started having doubts about my choice. By the time 2019 rolled around I was getting frustrated and I cashed out my last 20% of my investments and invested in Dogecoin. I had read that it was due to explode at any minute, though I had read that about Ethereum. I took a leap of faith. By this time I was corresponding with other experienced Crypto investors from Coinbase. Everyone was telling me to hold onto my Ethereum and to invest heavily into Dogecoin.

2018 had given me a glimmer of hope when Ethereum reached over $400.00. I was elated and wanted to sell immediately to cash in on the profits. What a HUGE jump! I was about to sell when I phoned up a friend I met on Coinbase. She begged me to wait. The market was really volatile and I didn't want to lose my newly gained profits, and this wasn't the stock market where I could live off margin. After a 3 hour back in forth, I begrudgingly took her advice. Again, my husband thought I was nuts.

It was April of 2019 that I purchased 10,499,435 Dogecoin at 0.00236. This was it for me. I was out of investment money and my future was uncertain. If these two investments failed, we would have no backup for our future. I kept working and worrying about my future and the future of my children.

2020 hit along with Covid and Ethereum's price took a nosedive and I wasn't freaking out too much because that's how it works. I was kinda kicking myself in the ass for not selling when I had the chance, now I was stuck with this virtual coin that had dropped in value and my Dogecoin looked dead. I was working from home and every chance I got I was looking at the hourly reports for both of my Cryptocurrencies. None of the news was building any confidence. So I just kept on going the best I could.

I remember 2021 like it was yesterday. I kept hearing rumblings that Dogecoin would hit big and break through the wall that it couldn't climb. I paid no attention as I'd been hearing about this for over half a decade now. It was early March and I was sleeping when my husband woke me and told me to check out where Dogecoin was at. I was pleasantly surprised but I've seen this before. It was a nice gain but not enough. So I held on until May. It was in May that I saw my lovely Dogecoin hit .50 cents. I wasted no time and cashed out! Oh what a feeling!!! We celebrated, we yelled, we screamed, we laughed and we cried. Finally! All my hardwork had paid off. I was elated. Little did I know this was the tip of the iceberg.

It wasn't until September 2021 that Ethereum made a huge exponential jump to $3900.00. Wow! I cashed out immediately, though I should have waited a little longer as it eclipsed the $4000.00 mark. Regardless, this was huge! Everything had fallen into place, my patience and studying had paid off in spades. 2021 was a great year, one I will never forget.

The purpose of this thread isn't to brag. It's to show that with a little bit of luck and perseverance that amazing things can happen. If you're thinking about investing in Crypto, do your homework, read and get educated as much as you can. The market is very volatile and there is alot of risk, so know exactly what you're getting yourself into. The risk is huge but the rewards are endless.

For those that are into Crypto, I hear the next big thing will be AIDoge. I have invested heavily into this coin, that's slated to be released in the 4th quarter. "Tokens" are still available. Right now it's selling for:

$0.00000240

I implore you to get on board. This Crypto is due to explode. If this hits like it's forecasted, even a $20 investment will make you an overnight millionaire. Don't say I didn't warn you.

***I was in an investor group that pooled our resources to purchase 100,000 coins of Ethereum. Sorry for the misunderstanding.***

****The Dogecoin was all me****

Last edited:

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I was too late hopping onto the Bitcoin craze, but Cryptocurrency had always been an interest of mine ever since I started reading about it in the 2000's. I knew there was a chance that the market would be bullish with very low volatility, which was exactly what I was looking for. It was in 2014 that I cashed out 80% of my investments to invest in Cryptocurrency, much to my husband's chagrin.

I had been hearing a lot about a Cryptocurrency called Ethereum in 2014 and early 2015. I decided to purchase 100,000 "coins" in mid 2015 at a closing price of .47 cents, everyone thought I was crazy, this put a tremendous amount of stress on my marriage at the time, but I reassured my spouse that, "I had a feeling about this" and he was adamant that the Bitcoin price of $240 would fall and this trend would not last with the other Cryptocurrencies.

I held onto my Ethereum. I even started having doubts about my choice. By the time 2019 rolled around I was getting frustrated and I cashed out my last 20% of my investments and invested in Dogecoin. I had read that it was due to explode at any minute, though I had read that about Ethereum. I took a leap of faith. By this time I was corresponding with other experienced Crypto investors from Coinbase. Everyone was telling me to hold onto my Ethereum and to invest heavily into Dogecoin.

2018 had given me a glimmer of hope when Ethereum reached over $400.00. I was elated and wanted to sell immediately to cash in on the profits. What a HUGE jump! I was about to sell when I phoned up a friend I met on Coinbase. She begged me to wait. The market was really volatile and I didn't want to lose my newly gained profits, and this wasn't the stock market where I could live off margin. After a 3 hour back in forth, I begrudgingly took her advice. Again, my husband thought I was nuts.

It was April of 2019 that I purchased 10,499,435 Dogecoin at 0.00236. This was it for me. I was out of investment money and my future was uncertain. If these two investments failed, we would have no backup for our future. I kept working and worrying about my future and the future of my children.

2020 hit along with Covid and Ethereum's price took a nosedive and I wasn't freaking out too much because that's how it works. I was kinda kicking myself in the ass for not selling when I had the chance, now I was stuck with this virtual coin that had dropped in value and my Dogecoin looked dead. I was working from home and every chance I got I was looking at the hourly reports for both of my Cryptocurrencies. None of the news was building any confidence. So I just kept on going the best I could.

I remember 2021 like it was yesterday. I kept hearing rumblings that Dogecoin would hit big and break through the wall that it couldn't climb. I paid no attention as I'd been hearing about this for over half a decade now. It was early March and I was sleeping when my husband woke me and told me to check out where Dogecoin was at. I was pleasantly surprised but I've seen this before. It was a nice gain but not enough. So I held on until May. It was in May that I saw my lovely Dogecoin hit .50 cents. I wasted no time and cashed out! Oh what a feeling!!! We celebrated, we yelled, we screamed, we laughed and we cried. Finally! All my hardwork had paid off. I was elated. Little did I know this was the tip of the iceberg.

It wasn't until September 2021 that Ethereum made a huge exponential jump to $3900.00. Wow! I cashed out immediately, though I should have waited a little longer as it eclipsed the $4000.00 mark. Regardless, this was huge! Everything had fallen into place, my patience and studying had paid off in spades. 2021 was a great year, one I will never forget.

The purpose of this thread isn't to brag. It's to show that with a little bit of luck and perseverance that amazing things can happen. If you're thinking about investing in Crypto, do your homework, read and get educated as much as you can. The market is very volatile and there is alot of risk, so know exactly what you're getting yourself into. The risk is huge but the rewards are endless.

For those that are into Crypto, I hear the next big thing will be AIDoge. I have invested heavily into this coin, that's slated to be released in the 4th quarter. "Tokens" are still available. Right now it's selling for:

$0.00000240

I implore you to get on board. This Crypto is due to explode. If this hits like it's forecasted, even a $20 investment will make you an overnight millionaire. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Okay, let's see if I got this straight. You bought Doge at .00236 and sold for .50 a share of 10 million plus shares?
Then you bought Ethereum?

I'm going to talk to my son about this after getting clarification from you...he has some money he can invest from an inheritance. I was just talking to someone about helping him invest. I was thinking about AI and companies that are exploiting lithium for electric car batteries.

This is something to look at as well. Thanks for posting this...

OP
OP
Flynn

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
Okay, let's see if I got this straight. You bought Doge at .00236 and sold for .50 a share of 10 million plus shares?
Then you bought Ethereum?

I'm going to talk to my son about this after getting clarification from you...he has some money he can invest from an inheritance. I was just talking to someone about helping him invest. I was thinking about AI and companies that are exploiting lithium for electric car batteries.

This is something to look at as well. Thanks for posting this...

I invested in Ethereum first and then closed out the last of my investments and then bought Dogecoin at 0.00236 a coin, which at that time was over 10.49 million in Dogecoin. Then, yes. I pulled out at .50 cents a coin.

That's a smart move in my opinion. The newer Cryptocurrency have some that are rooted in the next generation AI. There's even a ChatAI coin. He and you need to do your homework and look at the market fluctuations. The market is bullish right now and this year is the time to invest. Like I said, you don't need a lot of money to invest but one of the long awaited coins to hit the market is AIDoge, that's expected to do very well once the "Token" phase is finished up. If your son decides to invest, he needs to create a "wallet" and find a secure trading site. I will reiterate this again, there's a learning curve and it'll take a minute to figure out all the little nuances that come with Crypto trading.

Not a problem, Lily and good luck to you both if you guys decide to go down this route. Feel free to ask me anything if you guys hit a roadblock in your Crypto journey.

Last edited:

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I invested in Ethereum first and then closed out the last of my investments and then bought Dogecoin at 0.00236 a coin, which at that time was over 10.5 million in Dogecoin.

That's a smart move in my opinion. The newer Cryptocurrency have some that are rooted in the next generation AI. There's even a ChatAI coin. He and you need to do your homework and look at the market fluctuations. The market is bullish right now and this year is the time to invest. Like I said, you don't need a lot of money to invest but one of the long awaited coins to hit the market is AIDoge, that's expected to do very well once the "Token" phase is finished up. If your son decides to invest, he needs to create a "wallet" and find a secure trading site. I will reiterate this again, there's a learning curve and it'll take a minute to figure out all the little nuances that come with Crypto trading.

Not a problem, Lily and good luck to you both if you guys decide to go down this route. Feel free to ask me anything if you guys hit a roadblock in your Crypto journey.

That was really smart. I'm definitely going to start reading up on it and encourage him to do the same. I'll pm with any questions when I have them.

OP
OP
Flynn

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
Another question is why did I join an investor group? Long story short, I was getting an APY rate of 5% rather than the 1%-3.5% which was the norm at that time.