NFL...and we're off

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Tomorrow is the first game of the season for me. Ravens and Texans. Maybe not a good matchup but it's exciting. My buddy had an extra ticket and asked if there was someone I wanted to bring along. Well, as a matter of fact, I had someone in mind! A friend from work. I could never take him to a game because we worked together and we couldn't both have off on the same day. We don't work together anymore because we're at different stores, so now's the time! He's a Steelers fan but we don't hold our rivalries against each other. LOL

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Tomorrow is the first game of the season for me. Ravens and Texans. Maybe not a good matchup but it's exciting. My buddy had an extra ticket and asked if there was someone I wanted to bring along. Well, as a matter of fact, I had someone in mind! A friend from work. I could never take him to a game because we worked together and we couldn't both have off on the same day. We don't work together anymore because we're at different stores, so now's the time! He's a Steelers fan but we don't hold our rivalries against each other. LOL

Have a great time! That's great that you can invite a friend along as well.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Jimmy G is a decent quarterback but the Bills are a good team. The Raiders' problems might be the head coach. They had the talent last year and still sucked.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I slept through the Ravens game. I'll have to watch some highlights because it looks like Lamar had a good day passing the football. And I have the TV on for the first time in forever for Dolphins @ Patriots. Fins Up! LOL, my buddy is a Dolphins fan so I root for them, especially against the Patriots.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Jimmy G is a decent quarterback but the Bills are a good team. The Raiders' problems might be the head coach. They had the talent last year and still sucked.

He's inconsistent. He often makes really big mistakes. He's not the worst out there, but if you're going to trade a quarterback, you'd think the team would go for one that is clearly much better.

Yes, Josh Allen is a fantastic quarterback, no doubt about it. But Jimmy has been up and down for years now.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I was trying to remember the Derek Carr situation. The Raiders didn't want him anymore or something like that.

I had to think it through and who is he playing for? The Saints. They beat the Titans by one point.

I made myself read this, so you must read it, too.
:Board Bug:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I was trying to remember the Derek Carr situation. The Raiders didn't want him anymore or something like that.

I had to think it through and who is he playing for? The Saints. They beat the Titans by one point.

I made myself read this, so you must read it, too.
:Board Bug:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Clearly the Raiders have been poorly managed for many years. It's a shame, they have a die-hard fan base and were one of the most popular franchises in the NFL.

I hope Carr is happy in NOLA.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Pro football is more like a game of Monopoly,just my 13 cent - - - - - -

GO 49er's

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
Well, yeah...but he didn't allow the other team to put up 70 points...that was the defense and the Defensive Coordinator...holy shit that was terrible.
Yes, but one wonders if when the success left, the fail didn't just spread out all over around him like a contagen.

.. I feel bad - I was really rooting for him to make a difference in Denver.
Everyone was like no way, and I was like Yeah he can do it, but oh well. Better luck next time.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Oh - Speaking as Giantards fan.

. I thought the off-season was for figuring out what was lacking and making improvements...
but apparently not.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Yes, they were once a great team.
Al Davis put together some big talents:
.. Ken Stabler, Fred Biletnikoff (okay he was there before Davis) Marcus Allen, Howie Long. Rocket Ismail, Tim Brown, Mike Haynes, Lester the Molester and on and on. 3 SuperBowl wins.

One less than the Giantards, but pretty good.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Al Davis put together some big talents:
.. Ken Stabler, Fred Biletnikoff (okay he was there before Davis) Marcus Allen, Howie Long. Rocket Ismail, Tim Brown and on and on. 3 SuperBowl wins.

One less than the Giantards, but pretty good.

Marcus Allen is my all time favorite. I still remember the day I was watching Superbowl XVIII Redskins vs Raiders and Marcus Allen scored this touchdown:

I was just short of turning 17, was home alone because the family went out to a SB party and was lying on the couch watching the game. I remember jumping up to my feet and was jumping up and down (on couch) screaming watching Marcus go...

Good times...

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Marcus Allen is my all time favorite. I still remember the day I was watching Superbowl XVIII Redskins vs Raiders and Marcus Allen scored this touchdown:

I was just short of turning 17, was home alone because the family went out to a SB party and was lying on the couch watching the game. I remember jumping up to my feet and was jumping up and down (on couch) screaming watching Marcus go...

Good times...

Yep - I saw that one live too. Still the greatest Superbowl run of all time.

Marcus was my favorite running back - still is.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
He just seemed to glide across the field...
..You may not recall Dick Bass (oops actually Rams - my boo boo) but he was a very good back in his time also, but then the single most devastating running back I ever saw was also a Raider - Bo Jackson.

.Who knows what might have been.