No Internet on One of My TVs

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My bedroom TV asked me to update so I did but only ONE thing (maybe it was internet explorer)... anyway, the TV side works fine but I cannot connect to wireless Hi-Fi because it keeps telling me my password (from the modem) is incorrect and it's not incorrect.

I did all things I thought and put the LG TV back to factory settings but it still won't connect.

My larger LG TV in the family still gets the internet and so does my tower so I KNOW it's not the modem router. I'm so pissed off. I might have ransomware on the TV.

Any suggestions?

I like to watch TV on my bed and be on the net at the same time. I can't do that atm.

I was thinking of giving my TV to my Aunty, (she hasn't got the net anyway so just having TV would be fine) and buying another one but that'll cost me a good $800-900.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I got nothing. :/

Maybe call the internet provider and see if there something wrong with the connect to your room?

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It's the TV.... it's got a virus. I felt the cursor I use pulling in another direction when I was using the web browser. I'm going to my bedroom now which means I won't be able to post until tomorrow... I'll check back here then.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
No one can help... OK, it looks like I'll have go to a TV repair man or something.
Restore to factory settings, you'll lose minimal shit if your PWs are known... I got called by a scammer the other day, they've done something to my printer it's absolutely rife just now, straight outta India...

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Delete the password and reenter it.
Restore to factory settings

She said that she put it back to factory settings.

I did all things I thought and put the LG TV back to factory settings but it still won't connect.

Take the thing close to some other WiFi connection and see if you can connect there.

What does it say when you enter your WiFi password? Does it say "Incorrect Security ID"...or???

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

Take the thing close to some other WiFi connection and see if you can connect there.

What does it say when you enter your WiFi password? Does it say "Incorrect Security ID"...or???
Well it's not a virus then...

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I guess it is important to clarify....Omnipotent, did you just choose some menu option like "Restore to default settings.", or did you actually perform a Factory Reset or Hard Reset...something that will probably require entering a password and will give you some type of warning message and will reset your software to an version number...?

Because if you do that, you will get rid of any virus that you may have had...

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

It says incorrect password. When I did the update on the TV, I only updated the webrowser and that is the only thing not working.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I guess it is important to clarify....Omnipotent, did you just choose some menu option like "Restore to default settings.", or did you actually perform a Factory Reset or Hard Reset...something that will probably require entering a password and will give you some type of warning message and will reset your software to an version number...?

Because if you do that, you will get rid of any virus that you may have had...

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, I'm not a technician so no. My bedroom TV won't connect to my modem which it in the kitchen. It's not the router because the LG TV in the family has been unaffected and my tower in the art studio is also unaffected.

I'm going to try 2 more things, bring the TV closer to the modem and do another factory reset which is following the prompts on the TV.

I'm going to try that now.

There are two numbers on the modem... 1. A wireless key, and 2. a password. trying to connect... I tried BOTH numbers many times.

It was the f'ing software for sure!~

I wasn't stupid enough to update the family room TV.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Do you have internets?
yep... I used the wireless key and hit ENTER.... So the password on my modem isn't the one I need to use. ... I need to use the key... It is all very confusing.

Yeah, the password for your modem will be what you use to login to your modem/router and change settings, etc. of the modem/router itself. That is "administrator" type access.

The key is what you need to connect wirelessly to the modem/router.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Do you have internets?
yep... I used the wireless key and hit ENTER.... So the password on my modem isn't the one I need to use. ... I need to use the key... It is all very confusing.

Yeah, the password for your modem will be what you use to login to your modem/router and change settings, etc. of the modem/router itself. That is "administrator" type access.

But I did use the wireless key as well and I still failed to connect UNTIL I used (by accident actually) the ENTER key on the pop-up keyboard. Anyway, on the 6th of Aug, our ISP will be down for maintenance.

Last edited:

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Do you have internets?

But I did use the wireless key as well and I still failed to connect UNTIL I use (by accident actually) the ENTER key on the pop-up keyboard. Anyway, on the 6th of Aug, our ISP will be down for maintenance.
Can you go back to factory settings and reboot? Don’t pay some clown to fix it.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Do you have internets?

But I did use the wireless key as well and I still failed to connect UNTIL I use (by accident actually) the ENTER key on the pop-up keyboard. Anyway, on the 6th of Aug, our ISP will be down for maintenance.

It is fixed... I have to remember the TV prompts are wrong... I must use the Wireless key (not the password key) and hit "enter" on the TV's pop-up keyboard and NOT the stupid "connect" on the dumb, TV prompts.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Do you have internets?

she did all that, read the thread

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Do you have internets?

she did all that, read the thread
I don’t read threads...I’m too fucking impatient if you didn’t already know.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Do you have internets?

It is fixed... I have to remember the TV prompts are wrong... I must use the Wireless key (not the password key) and hit "enter" on the TV's pop-up keyboard and NOT the stupid "connect" on the dumb, TV prompts.
every TV i ever bought that wasnt a sony bravia had me thinking, 'i should have just bought a sony'

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Do you have internets?

every TV i ever bought that wasnt a sony bravia had me thinking, 'i should have just bought a sony'
Sony run hot. I was always concerned of a fire hazard. Even my Sony PlayStation needed me to replace the bung fan. Get a Bauhn . Cheap, decent quality and runs cool. Nice.