Not to mention Israel's declaration of war against Hamas

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
Actually, yes the Muslims (as a religion) were the first to go beyond the Arabian peninsula. But the first major empires to go conquests were the Romans and the Greeks...it was not explicitly for religion, but do the subjugated really care?

And the Protestants that came to North America tried converting Natives to Christianity as well...

Of course there were the Mongols as well.
Well, you mentioned "Christianity" (xtianity really), which post Constantine is a bastard religion. Islam was always a bastard religion and founded in violence, and it has remained violent.

Oh and the likes of the Egyptians, Hittites, Assyrians etc all preceded Rome and Greece.

Last edited:

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
MEPUQ6R_o.jpg
MEPUQ6Q_o.jpg

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Actually, yes the Muslims (as a religion) were the first to go beyond the Arabian peninsula. But the first major empires to go conquests were the Romans and the Greeks...it was not explicitly for religion, but do the subjugated really care?

And the Protestants that came to North America tried converting Natives to Christianity as well...

Of course there were the Mongols as well.
The one good thing about the conquering Romands is that, prior to Christianity contributing to their downfall, they incorporated the religions of the peoples they conquered into their pantheon. Their religion was very eclectic.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The one good thing about the conquering Romands is that, prior to Christianity contributing to their downfall, they incorporated the religions of the peoples they conquered into their pantheon. Their religion was very eclectic.
Yes well, their conquest wasn't justified by religion. It was conquest based on the belief of their inherent superiority over other cultures.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Yes, I know...he's a comedian, but he asks an important question as it relates to the conflict in general. Should we consider the imbalance of power in the conflict?