Payback's a bitch...and I own her!

Y'all know there's always that one employee that's good enough to not get fired when she brings her bullshit drama to work.
So we get ready to sell our business, and everyone knows 'cuz we were up front and told them.
Invited the buyer in to talk to everyone and assure them they still had a job. And these two hit it off like old drinking buddies. Great...no problem...yet.
So staffmember calls in at 9:15 after her 9am start time. Only the 3rd time she's been warned about this. Talks to partner who says, "You know...this is the part I'm not gonna miss!" And employee goes off on her, then never comes in. Pissed? Yeah, but I can live with it...only a couple more days until sale closes...not gonna be my problem. Buyer comes buy, give her the low down and suggest that just maybe this is not the employee she wants to keep. Just sayin'...
Two days later, buyer blows up the deals with stupid demands. Do I want to retire? Hell, yeah, but not like this crap.
Sleep on it, and wake up deciding the buyer can go fuck herself.....but the employee doesn't know this because she doesn't call, doesn't come in. In my book if you don't show up, you quit. NO unemployment, no job, no reference, no problem!
Turns out she texted the buyer, who told her not to come in because the sale was gonna close over the weekend and she could come to work on Monday.
Saturday I email the buyer and tell we're exploring other options and thank her for her time. Moving on...still no employee. Pretty tired of her bullshit, so this has some possibilities. All weekend I'm expecting a phone call, or something. Nada. So all weekend I'm deciding what to tell her if she actually has the balls to show up Monday.
Yep....her she comes...bright and early with an attitude ripe for plucking.
I tell her she doesn't work here any more. Contrite? Nah. Perky bitch say, "Of course not, I work for xxx now." Inside I am cracking up!
I tell her she can call the "new boss" because the deal is off.
"What do you mean?" she says.
"Well, what the hell do you think I just said?
"I don't know"
"No, of course not. She didn't buy the business, and you don't work here anymore. Leave now."
"Whatever" and storms out.
She spends the next 10 or 15 minutes on the phone with the "new owner". I know what she's being told (in effect, that she's a fucking idiot who has made another stupid decision).
Later she texts one of my other employees (who the buyer was going to release after telling everyone they'd get a 60-day trial contract!) and asks if she still has a job. We have her text back, "Yeah. Why wouldn't I, I showed up when I was scheduled!"
Fuck, I wish I felt worse about letting her quit, but, fuck, bitch, you deserve it!

Val Gina

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Sounds like she got what she asked for. Disrespectful, lazy, rude cunt.