Poor kids fell further behind while "remote schooling"

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
"
In the schools I’ve looked at, I believe that high school is more demanding than medical school — teens are working harder, are
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
and are getting
than med students are,” Slavin said. He also found that school and school culture were the primary sources of stress and distress, not social media and smartphones, as some researchers have postulated.
The pressure to catch up from the upheaval of interrupted learning during the pandemic has worsened this trend. Not only are suicides and mental health-related emergency room visits spiking among youths, but we’re seeing a startling
."

And you know people who claim that children are afraid to go to school for fear of getting shot.....and that also swear children in school are at a constant risk of being shot.....say homeschooling is bad for kids. And concerning.

I guess my kids being safe at home and learning here is concerning but it's not concerning that everyday my kids could end up shot in school
That isnt AS concerning as them not being in public school.

I mean.....they switch up their narrative constantly as suits the daily thing. The only thing consistent is the inconsistency. They are certain my children are risking death in public schools where at any minute they could be shot (because this is what they claim when the convo is a school shooting.

But homeschool is bad and concerning for.....reasons.

You are conflating two completely separate topics. I worry about your kids, actually, Dove. This is not meant to be mean, because I don't believe in that shit. But you have some serious gaps in your logic skills. And you are teaching your kids? That's concerning. So are guns in school.

I have pointed out gaps in your logic, to which you respond with hostility and a shut down rather than a thought out response to a perfectly reasonable position.

You are "worrying" about my children based on your biases. You do not know them. Do not know anything about how things are done in the home.

You are worried based on the fact that you disagree with my politcs and rather than dealing with the differences in our positions rationally and respectfully, you just kinda claim that IM the one with the logic problems.

It doesnt work like that. People do not have problems based on the fact you said so because you disagree with them.

I am expressing my concern based on your very flawed logic, and that is all Dove. You really have difficulty with simple logic. I know you don't recognize that, but it's a simple fact. What gaps in my logic have you pointed out? LMAO
"
In the schools I’ve looked at, I believe that high school is more demanding than medical school — teens are working harder, are
and are getting
than med students are,” Slavin said. He also found that school and school culture were the primary sources of stress and distress, not social media and smartphones, as some researchers have postulated.
The pressure to catch up from the upheaval of interrupted learning during the pandemic has worsened this trend. Not only are suicides and mental health-related emergency room visits spiking among youths, but we’re seeing a startling
."

And you know people who claim that children are afraid to go to school for fear of getting shot.....and that also swear children in school are at a constant risk of being shot.....say homeschooling is bad for kids. And concerning.

I guess my kids being safe at home and learning here is concerning but it's not concerning that everyday my kids could end up shot in school

I mean.....they switch up their narrative constantly as suits the daily thing. The only thing consistent is the inconsistency. They are certain my children are risking death in public schools where at any minute they could be shot (because this is what they claim when the convo is a school shooting.

You are conflating two completely separate topics. I worry about your kids, actually, Dove. This is not meant to be mean, because I don't believe in that shit. But you have some serious gaps in your logic skills. And you are teaching your kids? That's concerning. So are guns in school.

I have pointed out gaps in your logic, to which you respond with hostility and a shut down rather than a thought out response to a perfectly reasonable position.

You are "worrying" about my children based on your biases. You do not know them. Do not know anything about how things are done in the home.

You are worried based on the fact that you disagree with my politcs and rather than dealing with the differences in our positions rationally and respectfully, you just kinda claim that IM the one with the logic problems.

It doesnt work like that. People do not have problems based on the fact you said so because you disagree with them.

I am expressing my concern based on your very flawed logic, and that is all Dove. You really have difficulty with simple logic. I know you don't recognize that, but it's a simple fact. What gaps in my logic have you pointed out? LMAO
and sane parents are expressing concern that some fucking perverted sexual deviant who cannot keep from detailing their deviant sexual experiences is allowed access to their children's minds for up to 8 hours a day. But you have no fucking problem whatsoever with that huh?

Parents bad if they want to raise a child according to their own moral values.

hypocrite pos

Please link to one single post I ever made in which I said it is okay for any teacher to detail their sexual experience for children. EVER. Fuckwit.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
"
and are getting
."

Lotus you literally do nothing but call people crazy, say "bullshit" and accuse people of flawed logic.

You provide no examples and have no perspectives.

You can pretend that I dont directly address issues in here but.....I do.

One major gap in your logic is your persistent conflation of philosophy and science regarding human life utero.

Another major gap in your logic is how you acknowledge men are the biggest violent threat to women that exist....but you also support allowing paraphilic men in our spaces so long as they "identify" as women.

Another is that you disagree with both major platforms but somehow....for some fucked up unknown reason, assume democrats have their "hearts in the right place" despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

You also agreed with a man who was drunk posting about how my 5 year old daughter loves getting fucked by grown men that IM "hateful"....based on the fact I oppose your politcal beliefs. Not because you have any examples of me being hateful.

How many times has Breakfall called you a cunt? How many times have I called you a cunt or attacked you as a person? Yet you are gonna be cool with HIM calling ME hateful?

I've pointed many gaps in your logic as I've seen them and you either ignore it entirely or say "bullshit" with no actual dialog.

You arent concerned about my kids, Lotus. You have very limited info about them. You are concerned about my values being instilled in them. Not concerned for their wellbeing. There are VERY real problems with public schools. Many of which you guys refuse to acknowledge because yous rather protect your "side" of politcs than do what's right, I guess. And I genuinely find that sad.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
"
and are getting
."

"
and are getting
."

and sane parents are expressing concern that some fucking perverted sexual deviant who cannot keep from detailing their deviant sexual experiences is allowed access to their children's minds for up to 8 hours a day. But you have no fucking problem whatsoever with that huh?

Parents bad if they want to raise a child according to their own moral values.

hypocrite pos

Please link to one single post I ever made in which I said it is okay for any teacher to detail their sexual experience for children. EVER. Fuckwit.

The rare times you respond to the topic, you deny there is any problem at all.

Did you look at the curriculum you asked me to link?

You know what my 5 year old is doing right now? Shes reading books to her grandma.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Another democrat policy that hurt the most vulnerable.

I don't doubt it @deport_liberals.

It was fuckin' rough on us adults too.

So the damage done to school age children worldwide. ...not just THE USA is immeasurable.

We all got hammered.....includin' the Kids.

Thousands of kids in third world countries literally starved too death as a result of lockdowns.

Starved. Too death.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

So the damage done to school age children worldwide. ...not just THE USA is immeasurable.

Thousands of kids in third world countries literally starved too death as a result of lockdowns.

Starved. Too death.

Noah & the Ark @Dove y. Noah & the Ark.

Best lesson ta come outta yer Bible IMHO.

Prepare today....for tomorrow.

I reckon we all better save up for the next Big One eh? I figgered ya need several thousand in savings, stockpiles of food & a home in the country for what's comin next time eh?

I figger this Pandemic was just a preview or warm up to the next catastrophe eh Dovey?

Yeah maybe a Lotta people did perish in the Pandemic. All the better ta be better prepared the next time eh?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Starved. Too death.

I reckon we all better save up for the next Big One eh? I figgered ya need several thousand in savings, stockpiles of food & a home in the country what's comin next time eh?

I figger this Pandemic was just a preview or warm up to the next catastrophe eh Dovey?

Or we bitch whip our governments back their place so they cannot disrupt so many peoples live again

Just a thought.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Starved. Too death.

I reckon we all better save up for the next Big One eh? I figgered ya need several thousand in savings, stockpiles of food & a home in the country what's comin next time eh?

Or we bitch whip our governments back their place so they cannot disrupt so many peoples live again

Just a thought.

Whatever.

I thought the Pandemic is a warning about the future. Could be even worse the next time. Sorry ta sound so pessimistic.

Yer idea of moving outta the city living off the land becoming more self sufficient is a good idea actually.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Starved. Too death.

Just a thought.

Whatever.

I thought the Pandemic is a warning about the future. Could be even worse the next time. Sorry ta sound so pessimistic.

Yer idea of moving outta the city living off the land becoming more self sufficient is a good idea actually.

The pandemic didnt kill thousands of third world kids by starving them. It didnt destroy so many peoples livelihoods.

It was bad enough without the added problem of the government intervening and causing additional harm.

We are always going to have pandemics....always have and always will.

The governments "measures" helped no one and harmed many.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Starved. Too death.

Just a thought.

Whatever.

The pandemic didnt kill thousands of third world kids by starving them. It didnt destroy so many peoples livelihoods.

It was bad enough without the added problem of the government intervening and causing additional harm.

But at least ya'd have to agree that the Pandemic was hard on people includin the kids.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Starved. Too death.

Just a thought.

Whatever.

But at least ya'd have to agree that the Pandemic was hard on people includin the kids.

I agree the government measures did a lot of damage.

The pandemic itself? It did its thing.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Starved. Too death.

Just a thought.

Whatever.

No. It did nothing to 99.9% of children.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Starved. Too death.

Just a thought.

Whatever.

Yeah but that's not the point of the OP.

It was closing schools down and lockdowns which affected the children s social and academic development.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Starved. Too death.

Just a thought.

Whatever.

It was closing schools down which affected the children s social and academic development.

Exactly. A measure enforced by the government. They should not have done it.

It's not even scientifically justified.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Starved. Too death.

Just a thought.

Whatever.

It was closing schools down which affected the children s social and academic development.

Cmon a Lotta people died or have lifetime issues because of Covid @Dove.

You know people who died and so did I.

From what I gather. ..apart from the pain it caused the victims and their families, COVID is/was a painful way to die.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Starved. Too death.

Just a thought.

Whatever.

It was closing schools down and lockdowns which affected the children s social and academic development.
Nope. You said Pandemic. Government policy was the problem.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Starved. Too death.

Just a thought.

Whatever.

Cmon a Lotta people died or have lifetime issues because of Covid @Dove.

You know people who died and so did I.

From what I gather. ..apart from the pain it caused the victims and their families, COVID is/was a painful way to die.
Lots of people have died from the flu. Some even die from the common cold.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Starved. Too death.

Just a thought.

Whatever.

Yeah and the lockdowns were done to prevent more people including children from getting sick with COVID and dying from it while there were no treatments available

In retrospect I think it was a good decision @Lokmar.

Yes there were children in my city who came down with COVID and became seriously ill and died from COVID between 2020 and 2021.

It was no laughing matter.

And children spread disease easily.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Starved. Too death.

Just a thought.

Whatever.

Yeah and the lockdowns were done to prevent more people including children from getting sick with COVID and dying from it while there were no treatments available

Yes there were children in my city who came down with COVID and became seriously ill and died from COVID between 2020 and 2021.

It was a big fukin joke. My entire family got covid in spite of the lockdowns. We ALL made it.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Starved. Too death.

Just a thought.

Whatever.

It was a big fukin joke. My entire family got covid in spite of the lockdowns. We ALL made it.

Well good on you.

But I knew people who died from it.

So from what I observed, COVID was not a laughing joke for them or their families they left behind.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Starved. Too death.

Just a thought.

Whatever.

Well good on you.

So from what I observed, COVID was not a laughing joke for them or their families they left behind.

No one said it was a laughing joke. But it definately isnt some exceptionally dangerous issue that justifies the response of the government.

I know people whose businesses were completely destroyed. Do you think that's cool with them? My state lost thousands of small businesses. You think they are grateful the government destroyed their life?

I've pointed this out SO many times. Every 36 seconds someone dies from heart disease, Joe. Should the fucking government start mandating around that? Enforcing "safety" laws and oh well who cares about the negative impacts of that? And then when it's you being negatively impacted maybe someone can get sanctimonious with you and say "oh well I KNOW someone who died of heart disease. It's not a funny joke to them!!"

I dont think all those starved children are an acceptable sacrifice to the governments over reach of citizens. Do you?

Would you say that to the grieving mothers of dead children? Be like "well I know someone who died of Covid so quit whining over your dead kid"?

Everyone knows people who have died, Joe. That's not an argument for the government destroying peoples lives all over the world. It just isnt.

I get it.....the media fear mongering got to you. You should be more afraid of government having the power to drive people into forced and irreversible poverty and mandating medical interventions.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Starved. Too death.

Just a thought.

Whatever.

Well good on you.

No one said it was a laughing joke. But it definately isnt some exceptionally dangerous issue that justifies the response of the government.

I know people whose businesses were completely destroyed. Do you think that's cool with them? My state lost thousands of small businesses. You think they are grateful the government destroyed their life?

I've pointed this out SO many times. Every 36 seconds someone dies from heart disease, Joe. Should the fucking government start mandating around that? Enforcing "safety" laws and oh well who cares about the negative impacts of that? And then when it's you being negatively impacted maybe someone can get sanctimonious with you and say "oh well I KNOW someone who died of heart disease. It's not a funny joke to them!!"

I dont think all those starved children are an acceptable sacrifice to the governments over reach of citizens. Do you?

Would you say that to the grieving mothers of dead children? Be like "well I know someone who died of Covid so quit whining over your dead kid"?

Everyone knows people who have died, Joe. That's not an argument for the government destroying peoples lives all over the world. It just isnt.

I get it.....the media fear mongering got to you. You should be more afraid of government having the power to drive people into forced and irreversible poverty and mandating medical interventions.

If it was a choice between yer money & yer life what would you choose @Dove y? Seems a pittance to lose money if it actually saves yer life.

Yeah I knew a Lotta great businesses we lost or got shut down cuz of Covid.

I'm kinda interested in starting a small biz at some point Dovey. But it sure as hell wouldnt be the old time type with a storefront or a restaurant. Those guys got seriously whacked during the Pandemic.

Still think yer missing an opportunity to make money from yer voice. You have this gift and yer not using it. Lemme tell ya there are so many poorly made videos on YouTube that could otherwise increase their views and revenue just by having a more appealing voice at the other end.

A typical example:

You dont even have ta know anything about the topic. Just read from a script.

People hate listening to those robot voices too cuz we figger there's some Chinese or hindi speaking guy at the other end who can't announce his own videos.

Anyway that's what I noticed.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Lotus you literally do nothing but call people crazy, say "bullshit" and accuse people of flawed logic.

You provide no examples and have no perspectives.
Remember when lotus and the other liberal pieces of shit around here went on and on with year long benders about how much of an overt racist Trump was?

Then when they were tasked with providing so much as a single example the best they could do was point to a fact lite incident that occurred YEARS before Trump was even born where his father was detained at a KKK rally in Jamaica queens? The guy lived in the neighborhood where he was detained... lol

so let's see -- Trump's dad MAY have been a attendee at a KKK rally so that automatically makes Trump a racist

buuuuuuttttt

Robert Byrd being BIden's Mentor (according to his own words!) does not make Biden a racist

yeah, these people are real good on the logic there

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Starved. Too death.

Just a thought.

Whatever.

Well good on you.

If it was a choice between yer money & yer life what would you choose @Dove y? Seems a pittance to lose money if it actually saves yer life.

I'm kinda interested in starting a small biz at some point Dovey. But it sure as hell wouldnt be the old time type with a storefront or a restaurant. Those guys got seriously whacked during the Pandemic.

Still think yer missing an opportunity to make money from yer voice. You have this gift and yer not using it. Lemme tell ya there are so many poorly made videos on YouTube that could otherwise increase their views and revenue just by having a more appealing voice at the other end.

A typical example:

People hate listening to those robot voices too cuz we figger there's some Chinese or hindi speaking guy at the other end who can't announce his own videos.

Joe its definately not an either/or.

Prove that all the business owners would have died if thr government didnt force them out of business and into poverty.

Seriously can you show science that supports this?

Also Joe the fact is that it should have been left to individuals what risks they take. Now we have thousands of children dead from starvation and hundreds of thousands of small businesses gone and people pushed into irreversible poverty who likely IF they caught it would have just had mild to no symptoms. Like the vast majority of cases.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Starved. Too death.

Just a thought.

Whatever.

Well good on you.

A typical example:

Prove that all the business owners would have died if thr government didnt force them out of business and into poverty.

Also Joe the fact is that it should have been left to individuals what risks they take. Now we have thousands of children dead from starvation and hundreds of thousands of small businesses gone and people pushed into irreversible poverty who likely IF they caught it would have just had mild to no symptoms. Like the vast majority of cases.

I think COVID would have spread much farther & faster had there been no restrictions @Dove y. Trump just had this misfortune to be in office when it started, which of course was the worst point of the pandemic. It's like a house starts on fire. Well, which stage is the worst? The beginning of course. So if a person is a fire fighter battling the blaze it's worst time is when he arrives at the scene.

You act as if lockdowns are something new, but they had them during the 1919 Spanish inluenza too. Masking was in then too.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

No country was untouched by the 1918 pandemic, although the scale of its impact, and of government efforts to protect their populations, varied widely.
In the United States, some states imposed quarantines on their citizens, with mixed results, while others tried to make the wearing of face masks compulsory. Cinemas, theatres and other places of entertainment were closed across the country.

...so businesses lost money and had to close their doors 100 years ago too @Dove.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Starved. Too death.

Just a thought.

Whatever.

Well good on you.

A typical example:

I think COVID would have spread much farther & faster had there been no restrictions @Dove y. Trump just had this misfortune to be in office when it started, which of course was the worst point of the pandemic. It's like a house starts on fire. Well, which stage is the worst? The beginning of course. So if a person is a fire fighter battling the blaze it's worst time is when he arrives at the scene.

You act as if lockdowns are something new, but they had them during the 1919 Spanish inluenza too. Masking was in then too.

Joe the benefits of government enforced lock downs do NOT outweigh the cost of them. That's how things should be decided. The risk:benefit ratio that completely went to the wayside and politcs ran the show

There was no reason at all for the government to come in and what? Force families into poverty and ruin lives because somehow adults cannot make their own decisions? What happened to personal responsibility?

No the pandemic had to be grossly politicized and as a result people started pushing back. That should go without saying that people are going to push back when the government starts controling peoples decisions on that level. Interfering with and removing peoples ability to make a living for themselves is evil and tyrannical.

People are perfectly capable of assessing risk and making their decisions accordingly. Leaders dont need to force. They lead. Tyrants force with little regard to the lives of their perceived subjects.

Lockdowns did far more damage than any good. I mean Joe here in Michigan Whitmer directed infected covid patients to NURSING HOMES. When we had plenty of room for them in hospital Covid wards. All elective surgeries were canceled. And "elective" doesnt mean unessesary.....it just means you wont die if you dont do it. Many of those were time sensitive, like hip replacements and joint surgery where if you do not get it done in an timely manner, you get more problems and it becomes harder to fix.

You know its important to look at how the measures taken impacted peoples lives because sometimes the cost is too high and cant be justified. This is that.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
See how Admin twists and lies about what I've said? They constantly misrepresent what others have said.

I mean if you guys are the result of public education that's just another huge point against it. My 5 year old can communicate more clearly and understand things said better than all of you.