Poor kids fell further behind while "remote schooling"

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Yeah but it definately exposed a lot of the ideological indoctrination that was taking place and the gender/lgbtq bullshit being presented as "inclusiveness/diversity " teachers were seen on the remote classes openly ranting about politcs and talking about gender.

Did you see the teacher with the "non binary" stuffed llama? It was ridiculous.

Honestly my 16 year old has never been better than when she was doing remote. It did wonders for her wellbeing. She fell behind academically but emotionally, mentally and spiritually she did MUCH better. My daughter has almost constant anxiety in school. She gets panick attacks. It just really stresses her. My oldest is graduating HS next month and she even says it's way too stressful and she hated it. We are going to seek a hybrid curriculum for next year where she can do both some in person and remote.

But yep. Forcing remote learning as long as they did caused a very large amount of kids to fall behind. Then there were kids that relied on school to help get their kids fed. This really hit poor and working class families the hardest.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Another democrat policy that hurt the most vulnerable.

Remote learning sucks almost as much as home schooling. Both are very bad for kids.

Yeah? Tell that to my daughter.

Having to sit in rooms all day and being subjected to abuse and harrassment and sexual assault is bad for kids.

Hence the suicide ideation rates. Kids who get crippling depression and anxiety would definately say otherwise.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Kids who do better on every level with homeschool or hybrid curriculums are "concerning" if the parents have naughty politcal stances.

Kids killing themselves or wanting to die in public schools, all the kids who are not even literate, kids who have been molested or assaulted by teachers, kids being put on psychiatric meds for "adhd"(a label slapped on children who struggle in institutionalized settings), kids falling through the cracks, kids who were "socially transitioned" behind parents backs......not concerning.

What is concerning? My daughter reading at first grade level, developing math skills and spending the summer reading and doing basic science like growing caterpillars into butterflies. And taking martail arts. My 16 year old being able to keep her mental/emotional health in tact while she meets educational requirements for her age and grade level.....that's concerning!

People who literally and blatantly did not care that a young girl was anally raped by a boy in skirt in a public school bathroom, who were not rightfully outraged that the school district attempted to rug sweep that, that the father was attacked because he fought for his daughter....people who do not listen to the outcry of parents regarding materials and actions in their schools.....find homeschooling and hybrid programs "concerning".

If my daughter was assaulted in school there wouldnt be a concern.

It's entirely about politcs. Not students and not people. Politcs.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Remote learning sucks almost as much as home schooling. Both are very bad for kids.
If I lived in the USA I would home school. I do not agree with the values in public school.

People want their politcal values thrusted on public school children because they want to "shape the future" the way they want it.

There is no neutrality, no objectivity, no diversity of thought. The well being and educational needs of children is tossed aside in favor of partisan politcs.

We have kids who are way behind. And before that our academic levels were low and slipping. So this nationwide push for sexual identity politcs and equity/race partisan bullshit shouldnt even be a conversation in schools. This shit has become a priority for activists (who shouldnt be pushing their activism in schools) over kids learning skills they need to be productive and successful in everyday life.

If this energy was put into making sure children were learning to be literate, preparing students for life.....that alone would solve some issues. They simply do not care about any of that. They enjoy this deluded fantasy that everyone is racist or homophobic and the way to solve this is to indoctrinate the view in public schools.

OP
OP

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned

If I lived in the USA I would home school. I do not agree with the values in public school.

People want their politcal values thrusted on public school children because they want to "shape the future" the way they want it.

There is no neutrality, no objectivity, no diversity of thought. The well being and educational needs of children is tossed aside in favor of partisan politcs.

We have kids who are way behind. And before that our academic levels were low and slipping. So this nationwide push for sexual identity politcs and equity/race partisan bullshit shouldnt even be a conversation in schools. This shit has become a priority for activists (who shouldnt be pushing their activism in schools) over kids learning skills they need to be productive and successful in everyday life.

If this energy was put into making sure children were learning to be literate, preparing students for life.....that alone would solve some issues. They simply do not care about any of that. They enjoy this deluded fantasy that everyone is racist or homophobic and the way to solve this is to indoctrinate the view in public schools.
They cannot win elections so they will change the electorate. Turn children against their parents. Import ignorant third worlders.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
None of this is concerning

Wonder what the increase could be correlated with. I'm sure we are going to see much worse as schools continue to take it upon themselves to push their partisan values and give as many children an identity crisis as they can.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

They cannot win elections so they will change the electorate. Turn children against their parents. Import ignorant third worlders.

Increase suicide ideation and rates and then claim that's "proof" they need to push their sexual politcs.

Because fracturing the children's trust in their parents and PLEASE ASS BOX ME! them to believe their parents wont accept them and that they were probably born in the wrong body simply because they dont perfectly fit into gender stereotypes isnt toxic at all.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Home schooled kids are usually very poorly educated. Most people think teaching is easy, yet they have no fucking clue what they are doing. Plus, religious home schooled kids have very shitty values.

I had one of these Christian home-schooled people in a class. First, she announced to the whole class with a very superior attitude that Christian kids have better values. THEN, she lied to me and said she had to miss two weeks of school for necessary surgery. The surgery turned out to be a tit job. THEN, she turned in a fully plagiarized paper.

100% true story. You cannot make this shit up.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
"
In the schools I’ve looked at, I believe that high school is more demanding than medical school — teens are working harder, are
and are getting
than med students are,” Slavin said. He also found that school and school culture were the primary sources of stress and distress, not social media and smartphones, as some researchers have postulated.
The pressure to catch up from the upheaval of interrupted learning during the pandemic has worsened this trend. Not only are suicides and mental health-related emergency room visits spiking among youths, but we’re seeing a startling
."

And you know people who claim that children are afraid to go to school for fear of getting shot.....and that also swear children in school are at a constant risk of being shot.....say homeschooling is bad for kids. And concerning.

I guess my kids being safe at home and learning here is concerning but it's not concerning that everyday my kids could end up shot in school
That isnt AS concerning as them not being in public school.

I mean.....they switch up their narrative constantly as suits the daily thing. The only thing consistent is the inconsistency. They are certain my children are risking death in public schools where at any minute they could be shot (because this is what they claim when the convo is a school shooting.

But homeschool is bad and concerning for.....reasons.

OP
OP

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned

Home schooled kids are usually very poorly educated. Most people think teaching is easy, yet they have no fucking clue what they are doing. Plus, religious home schooled kids have very shitty values.

I had one of these Christian home-schooled people in a class. First, she announced to the whole class with a very superior attitude that Christian kids have better values. THEN, she lied to me and said she had to miss two weeks of school for necessary surgery. The surgery turned out to be a tit job. THEN, she turned in a fully plagiarized paper.

Pics?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

"
  • The home-educated typically score 15 to 30 percentile points above public-school students on standardized academic achievement tests. (The public school average is the 50th percentile; scores range from 1 to 99.) A 2015 study found Black homeschool students to be scoring 23 to 42 percentile points above Black public school students (Ray, 2015).
  • 78% of peer-reviewed studies on academic achievement show homeschool students perform statistically significantly better than those in institutional schools (
    ).
  • Homeschool students score above average on achievement tests regardless of their parents’ level of formal education or their family’s household income.
  • Whether homeschool parents were ever certified teachers is not related to their children’s academic achievement.
  • Degree of state control and regulation of homeschooling is not related to academic achievement.
  • Home-educated students typically score above average on the SAT and ACT tests that colleges consider for admissions.
  • Homeschool students are increasingly being actively recruited by colleges."
.)

"Homeschooling is generally understood to mean that a child’s education takes place exclusively at home—but homeschooling is a continuum, not an all-or-nothing choice. In a sense, everyone is “home-schooled,” and the ways that families combine learning at home with attending school are many. Parents may decide to home-school one year but not the next. They may teach some subjects at home but send their child to school for others, or they may teach all subjects at home but enroll their child in a school’s sports or drama programs. Especially during the Covid-19 pandemic, the concept of homeschooling has become ambiguous, as parents mix home, school, and online instruction, adjusting often to the twists and turns of school closures and public health concerns."

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
"
In the schools I’ve looked at, I believe that high school is more demanding than medical school — teens are working harder, are
and are getting
than med students are,” Slavin said. He also found that school and school culture were the primary sources of stress and distress, not social media and smartphones, as some researchers have postulated.
The pressure to catch up from the upheaval of interrupted learning during the pandemic has worsened this trend. Not only are suicides and mental health-related emergency room visits spiking among youths, but we’re seeing a startling
."

And you know people who claim that children are afraid to go to school for fear of getting shot.....and that also swear children in school are at a constant risk of being shot.....say homeschooling is bad for kids. And concerning.

I guess my kids being safe at home and learning here is concerning but it's not concerning that everyday my kids could end up shot in school

I mean.....they switch up their narrative constantly as suits the daily thing. The only thing consistent is the inconsistency. They are certain my children are risking death in public schools where at any minute they could be shot (because this is what they claim when the convo is a school shooting.

You are conflating two completely separate topics. I worry about your kids, actually, Dove. This is not meant to be mean, because I don't believe in that shit. But you have some serious gaps in your logic skills. And you are teaching your kids? That's concerning. So are guns in school.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Pics?

Why would I have pics?

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
You are conflating two completely separate topics. I worry about your kids, actually, Dove. This is not meant to be mean, because I don't believe in that shit. But you have some serious gaps in your logic skills. And you are teaching your kids? That's concerning. So are guns in school.
So is telling a 4 year old boy he should take powerful irreversible hormone therapy because you think he's a candidate for gender transition

But none of you scumbags seem to have a problem with that.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
So is telling a 4 year old boy he should take powerful irreversible hormone therapy because you think he's a candidate for gender transition

I have a problem with it, you fucking moron.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
"
But none of these narratives tell the whole truth about homeschoolers. Many homeschooled students are well socialized, receiving adequate social interaction and exposure to various groups of people (for more on homeschooling and socialization, see
and
). I have spoken with homeschool alumni who had friends who were homeschooled and friends who attended public school, and who never experienced any form of social awkwardness or otherness. Similarly, here on our website we have
who were well-served educationally by homeschooling and who have gone on to lead successful careers. Finally, there are homeschoolers who are secular, or Jewish, or Muslim, or who are Christian but motivated to homeschool by factors other than religion.

Because each homeschool operates on an individual family basis, with all of the variation that comes along with that, homeschooling is perhaps better characterized by the diversity of the homeschool experience than it is by anything else. In my post about the “homeschool prodigy” narrative I noted that there is no one universal homeschool experience. It would be wrong to assume that a homeschool graduate or currently homeschooled student is brilliant or above average. It would also be wrong to assume that they are unsocialized, or uneducated, or religious. The homeschool experience is a diverse and individual one."

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

I have a problem with it, you fucking moron.
Link to wherever you've ever condemned it, animal

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
"
and are getting
."

I have pointed out gaps in your logic, to which you respond with hostility and a shut down rather than a thought out response to a perfectly reasonable position.

You are "worrying" about my children based on your biases. You do not know them. Do not know anything about how things are done in the home.

You are worried based on the fact that you disagree with my politcs and rather than dealing with the differences in our positions rationally and respectfully, you just kinda claim that IM the one with the logic problems.

It doesnt work like that. People do not have problems based on the fact you said so because you disagree with them.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
"
and are getting
."

I have pointed out gaps in your logic, to which you respond with hostility and a shut down rather than a thought out response to a perfectly reasonable position.

You are "worrying" about my children based on your biases. You do not know them. Do not know anything about how things are done in the home.

You are worried based on the fact that you disagree with my politcs and rather than dealing with the differences in our positions rationally and respectfully, you just kinda claim that IM the one with the logic problems.

It doesnt work like that. People do not have problems based on the fact you said so because you disagree with them.

I am expressing my concern based on your very flawed logic, and that is all Dove. You really have difficulty with simple logic. I know you don't recognize that, but it's a simple fact. What gaps in my logic have you pointed out? LMAO

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
"
and are getting
."

I am expressing my concern based on your very flawed logic, and that is all Dove. You really have difficulty with simple logic. I know you don't recognize that, but it's a simple fact. What gaps in my logic have you pointed out? LMAO
"
and are getting
."

and sane parents are expressing concern that some fucking perverted sexual deviant who cannot keep from detailing their deviant sexual experiences is allowed access to their children's minds for up to 8 hours a day. But you have no fucking problem whatsoever with that huh?

Parents bad if they want to raise a child according to their own moral values.

hypocrite pos