Poverty exists because many benefit from it

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
A solution is coming, it's gonna come from the people, not governments, but before it gets better, it's gonna get much, MUCH worse.

The PVP / PVE server is getting erased and everyone's gonna play co-op on Earth 2.0

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
A solution is coming, it's gonna come from the people, not governments, but before it gets better, it's gonna get much, MUCH worse.

The PVP / PVE server is getting erased and everyone's gonna play co-op on Earth 2.0

I agree that it's going to get worse before there's a course correction. Human beings are still primitive. As long as we're tribal, we have very little chance of fixing our social and economic problems.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Yup. Who lit the fire. Malignant capitalism is the fundamental problem. Ignoring the causes of poverty while guarding the fortunes of the already-rich is findamental to the promotion of poverty.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
This should shed a light on what really works

So, apparently, countries with homogeneous populations with a certain mindset, strong work and social ethics and a small population seem to be the best ones when it comes to good living standards for all.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
This should shed a light on what really works

So, apparently, countries with homogeneous populations with a certain mindset, strong work and social ethics and a small population seem to be the best ones when it comes to good living standards for all.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Homogenous meaning tribal.

It's a primitive human social behavior.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Homogenous meaning tribal.

It's a primitive human social behavior.
I'd say that the huge majority of the population working for the same goal is the most important aspect when you want a good life for everyone

So it's probably all about the culture.

America's GDP per capita is 70k, but of course, the cost of living there is also huge when compared to other countries

Greed definitely has a role in that, the cost of medical treatment, for example, is a good example of that

So it's a very complicated issue

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I'd say that the huge majority of the population working for the same goal is the most important aspect when you want a good life for everyone

So it's probably all about the culture.

America's GDP per capita is 70k, but of course, the cost of living there is also huge when compared to other countries

Greed definitely has a role in that, the cost of medical treatment, for example, is a good example of that

So it's a very complicated issue

As long as there are privileges for one culture above others, it's impossible to reach a goal for good lives for everyone. We can't live well at the expense of others and have societies with low crime, good education and decent standards of living.

There's many cultures, but only one race: homo sapien.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
As long as there are privileges for one culture above others, it's impossible to reach a goal for good lives for everyone. We can't live well at the expense of others and have societies with low crime, good education and decent standards of living.

There's many cultures, but only one race: homo sapien.

One thing you also to keep in mind, what's considered poverty there, many times it's considered middle class in other countries

It's a huge topic of discussion here, when people see what's portrayed as the poor class there, it's the dream life of many that are considered middle class here.

I'd say that Brazilians have two perks here, access to socialized healthcare (although it's guaranteed only for appointments with basic doctors and free basic medications, like painkillers and antibiotics anything beyond that means a huge waiting line in 90% of cities) and access to healthy food, the price of fruit and vegetables there is a lot more expensive than here.

One interesting thing, your GDP per capita is 10x ours, however, your life expectancy is only 3 years more compared to ours

So maybe having more money doesn't mean living better, especially if the money is used to buy drugs, alcohol and processed food.

Like I said, a very complicated issue.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
One thing you also to keep in mind, what's considered poverty there, many times it's considered middle class in other countries

It's a huge topic of discussion here, when people see what's portrayed as the poor class there, it's the dream life of many that are considered middle class here.

I'd say that Brazilians have two perks here, access to socialized healthcare (although it's guaranteed only for appointments with basic doctors and free basic medications, like painkillers and antibiotics anything beyond that means a huge waiting line in 90% of cities) and access to healthy food, the price of fruit and vegetables there is a lot more expensive than here.

One interesting thing, your GDP per capita is 10x ours, however, your life expectancy is only 3 years more compared to ours

So maybe having more money doesn't mean living better, especially if the money is used to buy drugs, alcohol and processed food.

I agree with most of what you said there. If more Americans had good healthcare, excellent schools and expanded economic opportunities there wouldn't be so much investment in bad food, alcohol and processed food. Americans are treating their lack of work-life balance by feeding vices to "feel better".

It is complicated, very much so. However, the very wealthy (1%) could easily pay more and taxes and still live well.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

The cost of housing is also astronomical in the US.