Putinist Trump Attempted to Buy Russian Propaganda Platform Parler

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned
Congress is investigating reports that Trump representatives held discussions with Parler about him taking a 40% ownership stake in the app

Grace Dean
Tue, February 9, 2021, 5:57 AM

Former US President Donald Trump REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton
  • A House committee has asked Parler for information about its reported negotiations with Trump over an ownership stake.
  • Buzzfeed reported that the discussions fell through, and legal experts said they could have violated anti-bribery laws.
  • The committee is also investigating Parler over potential ties to Russian entities.
  • Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
Congress is looking into reports that
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
, which legal experts say could have violated anti-bribery laws.
The House Committee on Oversight and Reform said Monday it was also investigating Parler's potential ties to foreign entities, citing reports that the far-right social media site allowed Russian disinformation to spread prior to the November 2020 election.
Lawmakers are also looking into the site's connections with the

In the
, Carolyn B. Maloney, the committee's chairwoman, referred to a
which reported that
negotiated with Parler on behalf of Trump last summer. The talks were over an ownership stake in the platform that Trump would receive in exchange for making Parler his primary social network, Buzzfeed reported.
former CEO John Matze said in a court filing in January.
because he was concerned the then president would have "bullied" employees into doing what he wanted.
By discussing an ownership stake, Trump could have violated anti-bribery laws because he was still in office, legal experts told Buzzfeed. Parler offered him a
, BuzzFeed's report said, but the negotiations were derailed by the events of January 6.
Parler's site was
, and became
because of its lax stance on moderating content.
Since the attacks, numerous Parler users have been charged in connection with the riot, Maloney wrote, and in some cases the Department of Justice referred to the threats they had made on Parler.
Just days after the insurrection, Parler was dropped by its website host
, which said the platform "
" and refused to remove content that incited violence. This brought the site offline.
Parler then
using a Russian hosting service,
, which has ties to the
and is used by the Russian Ministry of Defense, Maloney said.
Parler also reportedly allowed Russian disinformation to "flourish" on the platform prior to the November 2020 election, Maloney said, "facilitating Russia's campaign to sow chaos in the American electorate." Other social media platforms removed similar false claims, but Parler kept its users' content up, she said.
in January. The former CEO said his ousting was in response to his push for
Read the original article on

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
LMAO! Maybe they could SHampeach him again? Third time's a charm? Trump could have struck a deal to have the grays bump Cheater McBiden off?

Trump is now a private citizen and free to offer to buy Parler if he wants or form his own for that matter. PWN3D!

Fake snooze alleging misdeeds are just another sign of democRAT desperation.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Meanwhile in reality, China is our biggest threat.

But boomers who bought into Russiagate are still having wet dreams about Putan. And pretending that Russia wants Trump to be the American president.

Admin.

The Goat
Site Supporter ☠️
LMAO! Maybe they could SHampeach him again? Third time's a charm? Trump could have struck a deal to have the grays bump Cheater McBiden off?

Trump is now a private citizen and free to offer to buy Parler if he wants or form his own for that matter. PWN3D!

Have you sent your monthly tithe into Trump yet this month?

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I think you should concentrate on stocking up on crazy pills for when Trump announces his 2024 run. PWN3D!

OP
OP

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned

I think you should concentrate on stocking up on crazy pills for when Trump announces his 2024 run. PWN3D!
If he takes crazy pills - he'll be crazy for Trump then?

Admin.

The Goat
Site Supporter ☠️

How cute is that, Loklips still loves Donnie!

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Wait.... Russia is still the evil empire ruling the world from behind the curtain? :LMAO2: :facepalm: :Crazy:

It's like groundhog say for these idiots. They wake up every morning at 6:05am with their helmets on backwards and it seems to just go downhill from there

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

More than 75 million do, faggit! PWN3D!

OP
OP

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned

Jacob Chansley doesn't.
He finally figured out (too late) that he was duped and sold down the river.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Jacob Chansley doesn't.
LOL! He should be let go. After all, libtards burned shit down and murdered dozens. I dont blame the guy for trying to get out of jail though. No doubt the FBI threatened him with 10,000 years in prison and bankruptcy for his family. Maybe your whore VP will start a go fund me page for him like she did for all the libtard mass murderers.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter

Jacob Chansley doesn't.
Ask your doctor if the Trump withdrawal shock collar is right for you

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned
I hope they impeeeech TRUMP every month of Sloppy Joe's useless term. Keep the worthless libscum busy with this bullshit until Pelosi finally has the stroke.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

But boomers who bought into Russiagate are still having wet dreams about Putan. And pretending that Russia wants Trump to be the American president.
Both China and Russia can’t ever be trusted. And as far as Russia goes...I grew up with their supply of violence. Holliday is an idiot Dove. Take what he spews forth as utter crap...daily.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Both China and Russia can’t ever be trusted. And as far as Russia goes...I grew up with their supply of violence. Holliday is an idiot Dove. Take what he spews forth as utter crap...daily.

I do!

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Jacob Chansley doesn't.
Ask your doctor if the Trump withdrawal shock collar is right for you

Weird....I said something very similar to Holiday in another thread then saw this....