Random Facts About You

Damaged Maven

A little older and a little stupider than most.
Site Supporter
I've been hammered with 480 volts three times. Hurts like hell, but if you live it's an awesome rush....

Explain. Would require touching 2 live 277V lines at the same time. 3 times?? I call bullshit. Were you scrapping copper?
Remember black, red, blue, are 3phase colors @ 208 V. All 3 are 120V to ground. Brown, orange, yellow are 3 phase colors for 480 V. All three are 277V to ground.
Black, white, red. Standard navy shipboard phase colors. Electrical generation is kinda different when you're floating in water. Fun fact: there is no ground except the hull. And like I said, shit happens.

The hull is the ground, that bonds the neutral. Like a uffer ground or a ground rod in any structure on land.
OK, I'm in a mood. Shipboard, 120 volt, 2 wire circuit. Black wire has ___ volts to ground. White wire has ___ volts to ground.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I've been hammered with 480 volts three times. Hurts like hell, but if you live it's an awesome rush....

Explain. Would require touching 2 live 277V lines at the same time. 3 times?? I call bullshit. Were you scrapping copper?
Remember black, red, blue, are 3phase colors @ 208 V. All 3 are 120V to ground. Brown, orange, yellow are 3 phase colors for 480 V. All three are 277V to ground.
Black, white, red. Standard navy shipboard phase colors. Electrical generation is kinda different when you're floating in water. Fun fact: there is no ground except the hull. And like I said, shit happens.

The hull is the ground, that bonds the neutral. Like a uffer ground or a ground rod in any structure on land.
OK, I'm in a mood. Shipboard, 120 volt, 2 wire circuit. Black wire has 120_ volts to ground. White wire has
Potential zero volts to ground.
without a load on the black.

The white neutral only has a load on it if there is a load on the black.
If you tested hot to neutral 120v. If you tested neutral to neutral 0. If you removed the neutral from the panel feeding that circuit, the light would stop burning. If you tested between neutral wire and neutral buss it would read 120v. The white neutral carries the imbalance on 120v circuits. 220v circuits, single phase or three phase don’t need a return.

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

OK, I'm in a mood. Shipboard, 120 volt, 2 wire circuit. Black wire has 120_ volts to ground. White wire has

If you tested hot to neutral 120v. If you tested neutral to neutral 0. If you removed the neutral from the panel feeding that circuit, the light would stop burning. If you tested between neutral wire and neutral buss it would read 120v. The white neutral carries the imbalance on 120v circuits. 220v circuits, single phase or three phase don’t need a return.

Fuck, I didn’t know you could speak Greek.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Sorry.

I can force myself to shave my head, as some have suggested

Scott

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Can you fix my Electric bike SM ?? on the Cheap ?

"on the cheap"
SmallClutteredElephantseal-size_restricted.gif

YOU BUM

X

xXx
Site Supporter
Well we can't all live in our Mother's basement where she makes widdle peanut butter sandwiches for you while you watch Star Trek :LMAO:

Gimpity gimp gimp (:

P.S Did you notice how SM talks and actually has something smart to say ? unlike your rambling mouth turds lmao

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter

What about the green wire ?

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter

Yeah. Marine electrical doesn't work quite that way. There is no neutral in that voltage is tapped in a delta-delta phase relationship rather than 120 volts... a delta-wye configuration... always hot. If you need a bonded neutral, like for noise filtering, you have to dedicate that circuit to do so. Otherwise, if you measure 120 v to ground in any essential circuit, there's a ground fault problem, and some equipment downstream has failed.

Which has nothing to do with random facts about you or me.

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter
I am an avowed atheist which... according to them... killed my jewish mother and presbyerian father. History proved them right... which steeled my resolve.

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter
Every summer I give all my shoes, except my funeral oxfords, to the local thrift store.

I may buy leather this winter, or I may not....

X

xXx
Site Supporter
I like the sound of gravel under my bike tires, reminds me of driving up the driveway of our Cottage..

X

xXx
Site Supporter
I'm not as high as I was about 32 minutes ago ... wheww that was intense.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
I never lie and the truth will set you free - - - - - -