The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
ZmAKZmS.jpg

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Many don't, but it's been my experience that if you treat them right and love them, they make a great pet.

Until they snap and eat your children. I've seen too many times news stories of a family pitbull that goes beserk. Not all, maybe not most, but when they do, it's extremely dangerous.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Moderator ☠️
Until they snap and eat your children. I've seen too many times news stories of a family pitbull that goes beserk. Not all, maybe not most, but when they do, it's extremely dangerous.
I'm sorry to hear that. Where the dogs purebred? Much of their violence stems from inbreeding.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I'm sorry to hear that. Where the dogs purebred? Much of their violence stems from inbreeding.

The progenitor of the pitbull was bred to herd bulls around in slaughter houses/auction houses. Dog fighting evolved from that breed because they were aggressive to herd aggressive bulls. That aggression still is in the dog. It's not their fault, per se...it is a human created problem.

As for whether those dogs are inbred or not I have no idea. News stories don't go into that kind of depth.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Moderator ☠️
The progenitor of the pitbull was bred to herd bulls around in slaughter houses/auction houses. Dog fighting evolved from that breed because they were aggressive to herd aggressive bulls. That aggression still is in the dog. It's not their fault, per se...it is a human created problem.

As for whether those dogs are inbred or not I have no idea. News stories don't go into that kind of depth.
I hate dog fights and the pricks who run them.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Moderator ☠️
Yeah, me too.
While we're talking about animals I also hate countries that allow people to own exotic animals as pets. I don't mean zoos or rescue workers. For example, Mike Tyson used to own a white tiger. He only got rid of it because it was rapidly growing into an adult and could potentially kill him. Wild animals are wild for a reason. They should never be pets.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
While we're talking about animals I also hate countries that allow people to own exotic animals as pets. I don't mean zoos or rescue workers. For example, Mike Tyson used to own a white tiger. He only got rid of it because it was rapidly growing into an adult and could potentially kill him. Wild animals are wild for a reason. They should never be pets.

I agree with you. Fairly recently I've been both to the San Diego Zoo and the zoo in SF. Watching the big cats pace back and forth looking at the crowds of people as if saying "Let me loose and I'll eat you." is pretty intimidating.

I don't know how people want wild animals as pets. Leave them the hell alone.

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Much of their violence stems from inbreeding.

Maybe a wee bit of it.

But most of the aggressiveness was bred intentionally.

The progenitor of the pitbull was bred to herd bulls around in slaughter houses/auction houses.

That is absolutely wrong.

They were bred from terriers and bulldog type dogs.

Nobody in their right mind would mix terriers and bulldog type dogs to herd bulls.

Hahahahahaha!!!!!

Dog fighting evolved from that breed because they were aggressive to herd aggressive bulls.

Oh, you mean mixing Search-and-Destroy terriers and dogs bred for bull baiting were aggressive to bulls?!??!?!

Who would have thought!?!?!?!?!?

Sit this one out Large @Lily. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

BI1oUhf.jpg

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Hey Sparky, why the fuck were the dogs called BULLDOGS...DERP

As if bull-baiting were any better...lol

"In mid-17th century New York, Bulldogs were used as a part of a citywide roundup effort led by Governor
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
. Because cornering and leading wild bulls was dangerous, Bulldogs were trained to seize a bull by its nose long enough for a rope to be secured around its neck."

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Moderator ☠️
Maybe a wee bit of it.

But most of the aggressiveness was bred intentionally.

That is absolutely wrong.

They were bred from terriers and bulldog type dogs.

Nobody in their right mind would mix terriers and bulldog type dogs to herd bulls.

Hahahahahaha!!!!!

Oh, you mean mixing Search-and-Destroy terriers and dogs bred for bull baiting were aggressive to bulls?!??!?!

Who would have thought!?!?!?!?!?

Sit this one out Large @Lily. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

BI1oUhf.jpg