Report Glitch/Bug Thread...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DDT

Factory Bastard
Yeah, no, Mel. Thanks, though.

The issue for me is this: when I want to quote only a specific part of a post as part of my reply, I can’t ever get rid of the nested quotes that are part of my target post without blanking out the entire thing. And I absolutely refuse to post a reply that has ten or twelve quotes already embedded into it. That shite rubs my scroll finger raw.

But, again, thanks. And we can leave it at that. This isn’t a dreaded Teapot thread.
I understand. When I ran my forums, I would only allow one single quote to be quoted at a time, unless the user specifically multi-quotes.

It's called quote nesting, or quote trees, and forum software enables this by default. An Admin can easily turn off nesting in the panel, and I'm not sure why more don't.

That said, you can still go into BB code mode here and edit that shit out, like I did in this post, and showed you with my image on how to enter BB code mode.

DDT

Factory Bastard
But, again, thanks. And we can leave it at that. This isn’t a dreaded Teapot thread.
What you desire is a reasonable request.

And Teapot will never occur again, since I'm permabanned from every place your E-Cunt troll friend Mimi has soiled and destroyed over the last two decades! I wear that as a badge of honour...

Say hello to Carmen for me, Blurtski...

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Seems I’m having trouble making my plight plain.

Up until just a few days ago, I used to be able to cut out nested quotes from a reply. Now I can no longer do so. Neither on my tab nor on my phone. Best I can now do is remove the content—the text—from the nested quotes but the nests (and their authors) remain in my reply. It sucks. And I won’t do it.

OP
OP
Bastard Factory

Bastard Factory

Chairman of the Bored
Administrator
We tried removing nested quotes this past weekend with the upgrade... there is no option to remove only limit to 20 lol.
I have reposted this question on Xenforo forums and will get back to you.

giphy.gif

OP
OP
Bastard Factory

Bastard Factory

Chairman of the Bored
Administrator
I'm not complaining because I'm shit scared of :Bastard Factory: but after I forgot my password I couldn't get past the silly security thingo to get a password reset ...

I think it has only taken me 2 years to get back in via the email that was sent ... :Whaa?:

Am I going to be murdered now by a secret hit woman with the initials of BF who is normally super nice ...

Just asking in case I have to go into the CIA witness protection program ...

Apologies on that, captchas can be tricky.

Welcome Back

The emails we use are under a free system called Mail Chimp. We get 10k a month, and they usually run out around mid month, that's why you all stop getting emails from the board for awhile until the 1st rolls around. I updated the email address this past week before sending out the mass emails and noticed it got through to many more.

I believe you had a block or the last ones were going to spam.

The best way to get results fast is CONTACT US at bottom of any page... emails me directly.

chew the fat

Fluent In Sarcasm
Site Supporter
I'm not complaining because I'm shit scared of :Bastard Factory: but after I forgot my password I couldn't get past the silly security thingo to get a password reset ...

I think it has only taken me 2 years to get back in via the email that was sent ... :Whaa?:

Am I going to be murdered now by a secret hit woman with the initials of BF who is normally super nice ...

Just asking in case I have to go into the CIA witness protection program ...

Apologies on that, captchas can be tricky.

Welcome Back

The emails we use are under a free system called Mail Chimp. We get 10k a month, and they usually run out around mid month, that's why you all stop getting emails from the board for awhile until the 1st rolls around. I updated the email address this past week before sending out the mass emails and noticed it got through to many more.

I believe you had a block or the last ones were going to spam.

The best way to get results fast is CONTACT US at bottom of any page... emails me directly.

Yeah, the captcha thing had me beat ... usually the ones I have used before are the 'pick the cars in the squares' ones.

Anyway BF it's all good now so I'm back to my un-normal self again... :BuhBye:

DDT

Factory Bastard
We tried removing nested quotes this past weekend with the upgrade... there is no option to remove only limit to 20 lol.
I have reposted this question on Xenforo forums and will get back to you.

giphy.gif
I'm not so familiar with XenForo (my boards were phpBB), but at a quick glance it appears that quote nesting is actually implemented via an add-on?

If so, disabling that add-on may provide what you desire.

chew the fat

Fluent In Sarcasm
Site Supporter
On some websites now, when you 'save as' on a pic the file name is 'AVIF File (*.avif)' and it doesn't open...:Whaa?:

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
@Bastard Factory …hey, my reaction emoji’s are still blanked out save for a handful. Are you able to tweak them your end at all so they can be reinstated?

Also, when I open up particular threads, 39 notifications immediately register up top, even though they’ve already been read. When I flick out of the thread, they disappear again?

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
BF. My control panel doesn’t seem to work. I cannot pre check my posts before I post them. Thank you

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
BF. My control panel doesn’t seem to work. I cannot pre check my posts before I post them. Thank you
I ran into that problem. I believe that you can only preview a newly posted thread. You won't get to preview your replies to said thread.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Also maybe related, maybe not:

When composing a response to a thread or person if you switch to "Show BBCode" (the '[]') and back any IMG or other tags you've added will be displayed as they'll appear in the published reply.

It's a good way to check for syntax errors, URL typos, etc.