So if the vaccine works and all...

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
One thing we ALL agree on, either publicly or privately, is these masks are bullshit and do NOTHING!

So was I wearing them at work for no reason?
Yes. A viral pathogen is 1000x smaller than a bacterium, which is absolutely minute in itself.

If everyone is wearing the appropriate mask, be it procedural or N95/N100....and washing their hands, (inside a building)....its going to dent the infection rate.

This is why healthcare workers wear them on floors or in rooms with infectious disease.

That being said I am absolutely against the State forcing people to wear them or turning them into some political weapon. It's just put people off of wearing them.
The appropriate mask or improved mask I should say that covers the eyes is too expensive for most people to purchase. Government knows this and is not making a big deal about it or they may need to foot the bill because of this worldwide pandemic. Isolation is more effective than wearing a paper mask.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
One thing we ALL agree on, either publicly or privately, is these masks are bullshit and do NOTHING!

Nope, masks DO work! Please do not tell people anything else. It's just not a 100% protection, but what is a 100% protection?

Do you understand that people who think the mask protects them are running around in cloth masks taking unessesary risks and getting sick? Probably sicker than they would have gotten without one?

I see people in the check out with that cloth shit on their face grabbing their nose area to twiddle or adjust. Just jamming that influenza or covid or psuedomonius right up in their mucus membranes.

We have an abnormal and emotional reliance on the masks. Yeah theyll mitigate the infection if everyone is doing it right and some research(that could still end up false) suggest it can lessen the viral load you get exposed to but if you are sitting on an airplane with a cloth mask on....you are gonna get sick with something.
Sure, people are using the masks in the wrong way and by that are actually infecting themself. And the people thinking masks protect them against everything are equally stupid.
That's why your government should take care of telling people HOW to use the masks. Just handing out masks is not sufficient, but at least it's a start. Then you continue with information HOW to use the mask
That's why our government should provide objective information and suggest it, but otherwise stay out of our business.
The first thing they should do is provide proper information. Agreed!

My opinion is that they should also make wearing masks mandatory. It's a threath to the society. Seatbelts are mandatory too, not wearing those hardly harms others. When you're not wearing masks you harm a lot of people.

Your whole last paragraph is showing what I meant when I said that people have developed an unhealthy focus on the masks. They are not nearly helpful enough to say we need them made mandatory and to say it's a "threat to society" or "harms a lot of people" if someone isnt wearing it.

Q......that's political histrionics. And a false sense of security.

The masks are not at all comparable to seatbelts. Think about what a seat belt protects you from. Seabelts dont mitigate injuries.....they stop you from flying through the windshield of your car and becoming pulp on the side of the road.

It's a false equivalence to compare the seatbelt protecting you in an accident with how a mask works to mitigate infection. Like on both levels.....regarding protection and state laws. It's not at all the same, Q.

Yanno.....its gotta be fear making people so passionate about these masks. I've watched people claim that nurses should check patients social media and if the patient was opposing masks or questioning the narrative that they should be denied medical attention.....which is insanely fucked up.

I would argue it's our attitude that's doing a lot of harm to people.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Yes. A viral pathogen is 1000x smaller than a bacterium, which is absolutely minute in itself.

If everyone is wearing the appropriate mask, be it procedural or N95/N100....and washing their hands, (inside a building)....its going to dent the infection rate.

This is why healthcare workers wear them on floors or in rooms with infectious disease.

That being said I am absolutely against the State forcing people to wear them or turning them into some political weapon. It's just put people off of wearing them.
The appropriate mask or improved mask I should say that covers the eyes is too expensive for most people to purchase. Government knows this and is not making a big deal about it or they may need to foot the bill because of this worldwide pandemic. Isolation is more effective than wearing a paper mask.

I like how the CDC was like "Weeelll....you can put a bandana around your face"

:LOL2:

Q

Dictator of the Bastard Factory
Banned

You have no protection from a pathogen without a full mask, bodysuit and separate ventilator. If a surgeon for example has the flu or cold, he/she cannot perform surgery. The paper mask marginally helps prevent bacteria from infecting the patient. Trust me...I have an Associate Dipl. in Science.

I worked bedside with infectious disease. I know how they work.

Its mitigation. It's not a waste of time but it's not our salvation either.

Also if you are gonna come into contact with something there was research that suggested it will lessen the amount of the virus you are exposed to and you wont get as sick as you would have with out the mask.
Indeed. Just like wearing seatbelts is no guarantee that you will survive an accident, using a condom is not 100% protection against pregnancy or STDs, just like so many things in life. But I WEAR my seatbelt in the car, I really encourage people using condoms as protection against STDs and pregnancy, etc.
It helps, it's hardly an effort, so why not use a mask?

Driving is a priviledge, though. Also a seatbelt is going to provide far more protection if you have an accident than a mask will ever provide from microbes.

Same with a condom.

Most people are wearing masks, whether they agree with it or not. The cloth shit kinda defeats the purpose. Viruses will hang out all over your clothes....and now people have that up against their face.
It depends on the masks itself, but mainly on how people use those.

And it's important to know that the main reason we should wear masks is not to infect OTHERS. When someone is infected and might sneeze, the mask will decresase the spread of the virus. Even the spread of the virus by normal breathing is spread less due to masks. That's where masks are providing the biggest protection

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

The Australian Open is going ahead can you believe it? The stupidity of government never ceases to amaze me.

Q

Banned

Nope, masks DO work! Please do not tell people anything else. It's just not a 100% protection, but what is a 100% protection?

Do you understand that people who think the mask protects them are running around in cloth masks taking unessesary risks and getting sick? Probably sicker than they would have gotten without one?

I see people in the check out with that cloth shit on their face grabbing their nose area to twiddle or adjust. Just jamming that influenza or covid or psuedomonius right up in their mucus membranes.

We have an abnormal and emotional reliance on the masks. Yeah theyll mitigate the infection if everyone is doing it right and some research(that could still end up false) suggest it can lessen the viral load you get exposed to but if you are sitting on an airplane with a cloth mask on....you are gonna get sick with something.
Sure, people are using the masks in the wrong way and by that are actually infecting themself. And the people thinking masks protect them against everything are equally stupid.
That's why your government should take care of telling people HOW to use the masks. Just handing out masks is not sufficient, but at least it's a start. Then you continue with information HOW to use the mask
That's why our government should provide objective information and suggest it, but otherwise stay out of our business.

My opinion is that they should also make wearing masks mandatory. It's a threath to the society. Seatbelts are mandatory too, not wearing those hardly harms others. When you're not wearing masks you harm a lot of people.

Your whole last paragraph is showing what I meant when I said that people have developed an unhealthy focus on the masks. They are not nearly helpful enough to say we need them made mandatory and to say it's a "threat to society" or "harms a lot of people" if someone isnt wearing it.

The masks are not at all comparable to seatbelts. Think about what a seat belt protects you from. Seabelts dont mitigate injuries.....they stop you from flying through the windshield of your car and becoming pulp on the side of the road.

It's a false equivalence to compare the seatbelt protecting you in an accident with how a mask works to mitigate infection. Like on both levels.....regarding protection and state laws. It's not at all the same, Q.

Yanno.....its gotta be fear making people so passionate about these masks. I've watched people claim that nurses should check patients social media and if the patient was opposing masks or questioning the narrative that they should be denied medical attention.....which is insanely fucked up.

Sorry to say, but you're wrong regarding the seatbelts. Wearing a seatbelt does not always prevent injuries, it makes the injuries less severe.
Comparing masks to seatbelts was not a 100% exact comparison. All I wanted to compare was the fact that these are mandatory because it helps (not cures).
And the same is applicable to masks. It helps.

Q

Banned

You can laugh, but it will still do something. In the hypothetical scenario that you have no mask and you really cannot stay home, it's better than doing nothing

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Sorry to say, but you're wrong regarding the seatbelts. Wearing a seatbelt does not always prevent injuries, it makes the injuries less severe.
Comparing masks to seatbelts was not a 100% exact comparison. All I wanted to compare was the fact that these are mandatory because it helps (not cures).

Holy shit.

Comparing masks and how they work to mitigate infection to how a seatbelt protects you in an accident is a false equivalence.

You are rabbit holing right now. I never once made a claim that seatbelts will protect you from all injuries.

Comparing these two things is comparing apples to oranges. They are both kinda round....but that's about it.

Q

Banned

Holy shit.

Comparing masks and how they work to mitigate infection to how a seatbelt protects you in an accident is a false equivalence.

You are rabbit holing right now. I never once made a claim that seatbelts will protect you from all injuries.

Comparing these two things is comparing apples to oranges. They are both kinda round....but that's about it.
As I said: I am not comparing them, all I was saying both are manatory and help preventng (more severe) injuries or death.

THAT part is comparable, using a seatbelt against a COVID infection would be stupid, just like thinking a mask helps protecting you against injuries due to traffic accidents

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It depends on the masks itself, but mainly on how people use those.

And it's important to know that the main reason we should wear masks is not to infect OTHERS. When someone is infected and might sneeze, the mask will decresase the spread of the virus. Even the spread of the virus by normal breathing is spread less due to masks. That's where masks are providing the biggest protection

Sorry clown, but that only stops as much virus as stays wet on the mask. As it dries, the mask flakes off millions of clumps of virus that go everywhere. You might make an impact if you swapped out the mask every 15 minutes in a sterile room.

Masks are a huge waste of time and money.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Holy shit.

As I said: I am not comparing them, all I was saying both are manatory and help preventng (more severe) injuries or death.

THAT part is comparable, using a seatbelt against a COVID infection would be stupid, just like thinking a mask helps protecting you against injuries due to traffic accidents

It's a state law to wear a seabelt....its beyond a mandate.

And masks do not prevent death or injury at ALL. ALL they do is somewhat mitigate the flow of infection. They prevent nothing.

They just cut into the infection rate. And the way this has been approached has really fucked the whole thing.....so it doesnt even matter now.

Between those on the left shrieking that not wearing masks is killing thousands to those on the right who dont even bother.....the entire benefit is gone. Cloth is bullshit and state mandates cause pushback and it's a partisan argument no matter how much people deny it.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I wonder how much virus is on a mask by the time its washed or disposed of? LOL! I think the cops have finally given up on trying to convince people to wear seatbelts around here. The law's been in place and I STILL dont wear it!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I wonder how much virus is on a mask by the time its washed or disposed of? LOL! I think the cops have finally given up on trying to convince people to wear seatbelts around here. The law's been in place and I STILL dont wear it!

Ever see someone get scraped off the road?

Bones all looking like mashed potatos lol.

Q

Banned

Holy shit.

It's a state law to wear a seabelt....its beyond a mandate.

And masks do not prevent death or injury at ALL. ALL they do is somewhat mitigate the flow of infection. They prevent nothing.

They just cut into the infection rate. And the way this has been approached has really fucked the whole thing.....so it doesnt even matter now.

Between those on the left shrieking that not wearing masks is killing thousands to those on the right who dont even bother.....the entire benefit is gone. Cloth is bullshit and state mandates cause pushback and it's a partisan argument no matter how much people deny it.
You're not correct in stating that masks do not prevent infections, because they do.
Mask decreases the amount of viruses that inter someone's body. You say that yourself in your previous message, so I will assume we agree on this.

This means that some people will not be ill, because their immune system can deal with the virus in the low amount.
Any person that is not infected will lead to more people not being infected, since that person is incapable of infecting others.

So yes, masks DO prevent infections

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Ever see someone get scraped off the road?

Bones all looking like mashed potatos lol.
Oh yea. Several of my friends and acquaintances have been killed around Lake Springfield. One was driving a 69 Firebird and he slid off the road and hit a tree sideways right in the firewall area and split the car in half. It looked like someone threw red jello on the ground where he landed. Word was, blood was gushing from his ears as they did CPR on him. Oddly enough, another guy I never met went off "dead mans curve" also around the lake and slid into a small power station which split that car in half just behind the seats, killing both. I think that car was a 79 or 80 TransAm. Guess Pontiacs aint good at corners! LOL! Accidents like those make it a waste to wear a seatbelt. Not that they dont work, I believe they do. Everyone should get to choose. I choose regardless of any bullshit law.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You're not correct in stating that masks do not prevent infections, because they do.
Mask decreases the amount of viruses that inter someone's body. You say that yourself in your previous message, so I will assume we agree on this.

This means that some people will not be ill, because their immune system can deal with the virus in the low amount.
Any person that is not infected will lead to more people not being infected, since that person is incapable of infecting others.

So yes, masks DO prevent infections

If masks prevented infection or significantly lowered it, we wouldnt have as many cases as we do. Science and facts dont lie, retard.