Social media platforms and mass shootings

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

A New York judge on March 19 denied the motion to dismiss a lawsuit against several social media platforms that alleged they contributed to the radicalization of Payton Gendron, the gunman who killed 10 people at a grocery store in Buffalo, N.Y. in 2022.

The lawsuit, which was originally filed in May 2023 on behalf of the families of three victims, claimed that the then-18-year-old
the “psychological vortex” of “social media applications” and “fed a steady stream of racist and white supremacist propaganda.”

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

A New York judge on March 19 denied the motion to dismiss a lawsuit against several social media platforms that alleged they contributed to the radicalization of Payton Gendron, the gunman who killed 10 people at a grocery store in Buffalo, N.Y. in 2022.

The lawsuit, which was originally filed in May 2023 on behalf of the families of three victims, claimed that the then-18-year-old
the “psychological vortex” of “social media applications” and “fed a steady stream of racist and white supremacist propaganda.”

I think they social media giants have changed their algorithms because they are afraid both of lawsuits and government regulation...as they ought to be.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I think they social media giants have changed their algorithms because they are afraid both of lawsuits and government regulation...as they ought to be.
There are a couple of folks here who need to watch wtf they post, imo.