Streaming services

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
What do other members use?

We just signed up for Youtube tv. Last year we used Fubo tv, but I didn't care for it, the service was clunky...I'm just curious about what others have to say.

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
Sling with a single add on. I have a Roku antenna so I think I get some free stuff there - it's all new to me but far cheaper than the cable service TV. It's like 51 bucks/mo. I don't like that you can't flip through channels like regular tv though.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Sling with a single add on. I have a Roku antenna so I think I get some free stuff there - it's all new to me but far cheaper than the cable service TV. It's like 51 bucks/mo. I don't like that you can't flip through channels like regular tv though.

I, too, don't like how navigation is set up on these systems.

My partner is a huge college and NFL fan, so we get it for half the year starting in September. I'm the nerd that wants PBS and other educational type channels. I already have Max, Netflix, Peacock and Hulu, a few of the other free apps as well.

It's cheaper than cable tv...but I'll see if it's worthwhile...

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
I, too, don't like how navigation is set up on these systems.

My partner is a huge college and NFL fan, so we get it for half the year starting in September. I'm the nerd that wants PBS and other educational type channels. I already have Max, Netflix, Peacock and Hulu, a few of the other free apps as well.

It's cheaper than cable tv...but I'll see if it's worthwhile...
.. Considering there is very little worth watching, the channel flipping is an activity in itself, or since I too am a sports fan and educational tv fan, being able to quickly switch between channels (back and forth) is a missed convenience.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
.. Considering there is very little worth watching, the channel flipping is an activity in itself, or since I too am a sports fan and educational tv fan, being able to quickly switch between channels (back and forth) is a missed convenience.

I agree, there is a lot of garbage on all of these different streaming services. They don't come with remotes that offer "last channel" button option. In the past, I used that to switch between two things I was watching.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The majority of the best shows are still on the big networks like ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, etc.

I don't watch a lot of shows anymore. It's been years. There are a few notable exceptions, but I can't seem to relate to a lot of networking programming.

I often find I enjoy "shows" that are on alternative networks, like AMC, FX...

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I have a smart TV and Amazon Prime. I rarely turn on the TV and when I do, I struggle to find something I want to watch. I get better antenna reception than where I used to live and I could probably get better reception if I put my TV by the front window but I prefer to have it on the other side of the room. I have my old TV with a Firestick on the dresser in the bedroom but I've never turned it on. I go to bed and I'm out ... Done.

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
What do other members use?

We just signed up for Youtube tv. Last year we used Fubo tv, but I didn't care for it, the service was clunky...I'm just curious about what others have to say.

We use Hulu with the no ads and live TV with the premium channel add on. It's expensive but it's right up there with all the other streaming services. Also we have Netflix for the Netflix only content.

I tried YouTube TV, but I just don't like their interface and I think Hulu is much better. Hulu in my option has better content. Fubo is pretty awesome but for what they're charging, I'd rather stick with Hulu as my main streaming service.

Last edited:

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
Disney+
Tubi (Free)

Tubi has really stepped it up! They have better content than Pluto TV. I mean Tubi almost is comparable to a paid streaming service. I can always find something to watch, plus I like how it keeps playing shows/movies based on what you watched.

I recommend Tubi to everyone. It's the best free streaming service out there.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Tubi has really stepped it up! They have better content than Pluto TV. I mean Tubi almost is comparable to a paid streaming service. I can always find something to watch, plus I like how it keeps playing shows/movies based on what you watched.

I recommend Tubi to everyone. It's the best free streaming service out there.
I especially love the selection of docs.