Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Wow.

Good time to buy European goods.

I wonder what British pound is at.

Weeg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
its because of all the SANCTIONS!! We are headed into another great depression unless there is a NUKE WAR!

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
use a locking gas cap and they move one for easier prey

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
psycho-mother.gif

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
WTAF?

Will wait for the expert opinions of the geniuses here at BF.
Lottie, It's actually é1.21 to the Dollar and with UK £1.31 to the Dollar @Joe

No, it's not. Right now, the euro costs $1.0853.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

You're right about the pound, though. It costs $1.31.
Oh, I just googled for the pound because Joe asked and I thought I might as well check the Euro too, I just checked the main exchange Google gave which is probably a little behind accurate tbh, I did think it was strange that in my pricing the Euro was almost as strong as the pound... Having a strong currency is/was one of the benefits of being Scottish lol

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
It wasn't so long ago you doubled your money going to the US, WTF has happened to the mighty pound?
Brexit.
I'm no expert but nobody on both sides has ever mentioned the pound losing strength with Brexit, I'd have thought it would be even stronger because we paid to be in the EU, no real benefits to us being involved in that experiment...

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It wasn't so long ago you doubled your money going to the US, WTF has happened to the mighty pound?
Brexit.
I'm no expert but nobody on both sides has ever mentioned the pound losing strength with Brexit, I'd have thought it would be even stronger because we paid to be in the EU, no real benefits to us being involved in that experiment...

Well, it's been falling, or fell and maintained its low value, ever since Brexit was voted in, so it seems to me to be the likely culprit. Exiting the EU made the pound weaker, because now the UK is not allied with a strong force that can compete with the US economically. I think Brexit has tied you guys to the US more, and your currency fell more in line with the dollar as a result.

When I was last in the UK, the pound was $1.85. It's been around $1.35 for several years now. Brexit, Brexit, Brexit.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Brexit.

Well, it's been falling, or fell and maintained its low value, ever since Brexit was voted in, so it seems to me to be the likely culprit. Exiting the EU made the pound weaker, because now the UK is not allied with a strong force that can compete with the US economically. I think Brexit has tied you guys to the US more, and your currency fell more in line with the dollar as a result.

When I was last in the UK, the pound was $1.85. It's been around $1.35 for several years now. Brexit, Brexit, Brexit.
I get what you're saying BUT the pound has always been much stronger than the Euro so IMO saying that the pound is weaker because it is now not associated with a weaker currency doesn't make sense to me but again I don't really know much about this topic lol... The UK has a new free trade thing going through with Aus and NZ and if there's one with the US & CAN too as has been mentioned then I dunno if that will make it stronger or not tbh...

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Brexit.

I get what you're saying BUT the pound has always been much stronger than the Euro so IMO saying that the pound is weaker because it is now not associated with a weaker currency doesn't make sense to me but again I don't really know much about this topic lol... The UK has a new free trade thing going through with Aus and NZ and if there's one with the US & CAN too as has been mentioned then I dunno if that will make it stronger or not tbh...

The pound has lost considerable value since Brexit. Yes, it's still stronger than the euro and the dollar, but not by much. It was way, way stronger pre-Brexit. I'm not saying it lost value because it disassociated from the euro. It never did go on board with the euro. I am saying it lost value because it left the EU. That was a dumb move.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Crypto currency holdings OUTSIDE of exchanges/websites will pick up the slack.... those that didn't keep custodianship of their crypto will lose it.

Those that did will profit immensely...until grids start failing and the internet shits itself.

Then it will be cash money until nobody wants it anymore....then precious metals.... then possessions and commodities.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Brexit.

The pound has lost considerable value since Brexit. Yes, it's still stronger than the euro and the dollar, but not by much. It was way, way stronger pre-Brexit. I'm not saying it lost value because it disassociated from the euro. It never did go on board with the euro. I am saying it lost value because it left the EU. That was a dumb move.
I've been reading a little bit and you're right when Brexit was voted in the value of the pound lowered because of the risk and uncertainty but that's reduced seeing the UK economy is still a lot stronger than the EU so we can expect the pound to get much stronger in the coming years here's just a tad of what I was reading...

"Will the Pound get stronger in 2022?

These are some of the key factors driving the Pound to Euro forecast in 2022:

• The UK economy is expected to recover faster from COVID than the Eurozone
  • The risks of Brexit have reduced
  • The Bank of England is expected to raise interest rates and cut stimulus faster than the European Central Bank (ECB)

These three factors are considered positive for the Pound relative to the Euro – higher growth, less risk, tighter monetary policy.

If these core themes continue, then you would expect them to be favourable for the GBP to Euro rate in 2022."

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Crypto currency holdings OUTSIDE of exchanges/websites will pick up the slack.... those that didn't keep custodianship of their crypto will lose it.

Those that did will profit immensely...until grids start failing and the internet shits itself.

Then it will be cash money until nobody wants it anymore....then precious metals.... then possessions and commodities.
yup, back 2 paying for doctor visits with a dozen eggs, growing your own crops, using candles and riding bicycles and horses

sounds rather nice tbh :)