Holy Crap! The euro just went down to $1.05

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
So much for them sanctions huh?
What does one have to do with the other, Meat Head?
Um.... if Putin is voluntary turning off gas supply to other countries it kinda renders other countries sanctions on the export of his gas kinda fucking moot

no?

take a moment to ponder it.

And um... have the rules on childish insults in general changed? @Bastard Factory

Admin.

This ain't Texas (woo), ain't. no hold'm woo woo
Site Supporter ☠️
Um.... if Putin is voluntary turning off gas supply to other countries it kinda renders other countries sanctions on the export of his gas kinda fucking moot

no?

And um... have the rules on childish insults in general changed? @Bastard Factory
How much revenue is returned to Russia, after these gas lines are shut off????? Hello????

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter

no?

How much revenue is returned to Russia, after these gas lines are shut off????? Hello????
How much revenue is returned to Russia if these other countries refuse to buy their gas? Hello?

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

no?

How much revenue is returned to Russia if these other countries refuse to buy their gas? Hello?
That makes no sense, are you huffing paint fumes now?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
WTF?

Time to buy some euros.

WTAF???

The EU is going to have a massive recession. Because of inflation interest rates are going to have to go up and that means the basket case economies of Southern Europe are going to get hit hard. Hell, even in Germany you are going to see manufacturing fall sharply due to energy costs plus they stopped making nitrogen based fertilizer due to high natural gas prices and that is going to reduce farm yields.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
WTF?

Time to buy some euros.

WTAF???

I guess cuz Europe gas to pay a lot more fuel and gas the value of its currency will go down a lot.

Cuz fuel costs eat into profits and guv revenues.

So the currency will go down too.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Not to mention the rise in energy prices means a lot of manufacturing is now becoming price uncompetitive. Add in the agricultural problems from lack of fertilizer and you have a pretty big issue in the EU. Blame the stupid greens who closed down nuclear power in places like Germany for unscientific reasons. Replaced it with Russian gas, refused to build LNG terminals because they hated America, and then related most EU oil and gas drilling out of existence.

In 2000 the EU produced enough gas they didn't need Russian imports of natural gas but the outlawed franking and much of off shore drilling so EU gas production has fallen by 50% and Russian imports replaced. BTW Russian money paid most of those green idiots to block EU energy production.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
WTF?

Time to buy some euros.

WTAF???

The EU is going to have a massive recession. Because of inflation interest rates are going to have to go up and that means the basket case economies of Southern Europe are going to get hit hard. Hell, even in Germany you are going to see manufacturing fall sharply due to energy costs plus they stopped making nitrogen based fertilizer due to high natural gas prices and that is going to reduce farm yields.

Not sure who Putin was trying to hurt the most....Europe or the United States? Or both? But the USA seems much better able eqipped to withstand the fallout from the Ukraine War than Europe. ie - Biden was able to dip into the Alaska Oil Reserve as an emergency measure. Worse comes to worse US can sign on to more Canadian Oil & Gas .... at reduced prices. Good for Canada, so so for the USA but bad for Europe because they have fewer alternatives.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Well, according to some reports I read about it, the dollar is soaring ahead of an expected rate hike at the next fed meeting, and it will drop again after.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Just went down to 1.049. Holy fucking crap.

The euro's value will likely be depressed for a while. Maybe 2 to 3 more years?

Good time to travel to Europe or buy goods from there I suppose.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Not to mention the rise in energy prices means a lot of manufacturing is now becoming price uncompetitive. Add in the agricultural problems from lack of fertilizer and you have a pretty big issue in the EU. Blame the stupid greens who closed down nuclear power in places like Germany for unscientific reasons. Replaced it with Russian gas, refused to build LNG terminals because they hated America, and then related most EU oil and gas drilling out of existence.

In 2000 the EU produced enough gas they didn't need Russian imports of natural gas but the outlawed franking and much of off shore drilling so EU gas production has fallen by 50% and Russian imports replaced. BTW Russian money paid most of those green idiots to block EU energy production.

This is very similar to 1973 with the OPEC oil embargo which also sent Europe reeling. In the 70s Europe was dependent on the Arabs. Today it's Russia. Different players same situation. Back then it was War in the Middle East. Today is Ukraine. In both cases their supply lines were cut & Europe entered a period of economic stagnation.

If the 70's are any indiction then we have a decade of stagflation ahead of us ending no sooner than 2030. The Republicans will face the same challenges if they get in office too.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
WTF?

Time to buy some euros.

WTAF???

Not sure who Putin was trying to hurt the most....Europe or the United States? Or both? But the USA seems much better able eqipped to withstand the fallout from the Ukraine War than Europe. ie - Biden was able to dip into the Alaska Oil Reserve as an emergency measure. Worse comes to worse US can sign on to more Canadian Oil & Gas .... at reduced prices. Good for Canada, so so for the USA but bad for Europe because they have fewer alternatives.

1) Biden is foolishly emptying all the strategic petroleum reserves and sending it to Europe.

2) Biden is still blocking most new drilling in the US and virtually all pipeline construction for ideological reasons.

3) US production boomed under Trump due to his removing the government obstructionist regulations. Biden has been doing everything possible to kill that "to fight climate change". It was intentional and it is a disaster for the global economy.

4) Eventually I expect bone head Biden to fuck over every other country in the world, including allies, by banning oil exports. This will happen before 2024 imho.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Does this mean that penis-shaped sweetbreads will cost more in Portugal?

You know what's funny? You apparently hang on my every word. I posted about that almost 3 years ago, and haven't mentioned it since. I forgot about it, since I don't live in the region where they make that bread. You, on the other hand...

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

You know what's funny? You apparently hang on my every word. I posted about that almost 3 years ago, and haven't mentioned it since. I forgot about it, since I don't live in the region where they make that bread. You, on the other hand...
He is the official stenographer for the BF Gay Men's Glee Club.

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam

I, on the other hand, notice you revisit this thread 9 days later. :CooL: