Holy Crap! The euro just went down to $1.05

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Does this mean that penis-shaped sweetbreads will cost more in Portugal?

You know what's funny? You apparently hang on my every word. I posted about that almost 3 years ago, and haven't mentioned it since. I forgot about it, since I don't live in the region where they make that bread. You, on the other hand...

I, on the other hand, notice you revisit this thread 9 days later. :CooL:

Yes. Becuase the dollar is still around 1.05 against the euro. Nothing to do with penis pastry.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The health of the once might Euro ain't lookin too good now or for the forsee able future @LotusBud:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

But it might also be a good time for North Americans to take that European vacation or buy their quality goods art or antiques.

Because of the Ukraine War Europe went on sale overnight.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The health of the once might Euro ain't lookin too good now or for the forsee able future @LotusBud:

But it might also be a good time for North Americans to take that European vacation or buy their quality goods art or antiques.

If the euro dips down to below a dollar, I will be shocked. I can't imagine how that will affect Europe.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

If the euro dips down to below a dollar, I will be shocked. I can't imagine how that will affect Europe.

Time to take that vacation to Europe.

Plus their economy hurting they'll probably welcome any business they can get.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Well, I live here, so I don't need to take a vacation to get here.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Maybe it's declining value will bring manufacturing with European quality back from places like China.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Maybe it's declining value will bring manufacturing with European quality back from places like China.

Well, that would be awesome.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

USA is rather expensive for Canadian travellers. At the rate the Euro is falling it may be cheaper to vacation in Lisbon Portugal than driving over the border to Seattle. Canada has a free trade agreement with Europe too.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

USA is rather expensive for Canadian travellers. At the rate the Euro is falling it may be cheaper to vacation in Lisbon Portugal than driving over the border to Seattle. Canada has a free trade agreement with Europe too.

Yes, right now it probably would be cheaper if you're staying in hotels, eating out, etc.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
It's all just a game just like chess and all will be well again as soon as Biden and Putin are out !

I'm just a Pond in the sea of life - - - - - -

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Yes the government is very generous to Ticos and ex pats as well. I pay $60. to the Caja for full medical. 80% of Costa Rican income comes from tourism. I rather like it here. Best part is, no fat morons pretending to be leaders.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
The $ is the highest its been here in CR in the 21 years I’ve lived here.
It just means that CR pesos are performing like trash

Does Costa Rica even have a modern hospital with technological advancements such as electricity and running water?

Would be pretty cool tho watching their highly qualified witch doctors bang on drums and consult a Ouija board while the local surgeon treats a heart attack victim with guava leaves and beech sand eh?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It's all just a game just like chess and all will be well again as soon as Biden and Putin are out !

I'm just a Pond in the sea of life - - - - - -

I am not so sure. The Russians seem to think they are facing an existensial crisis with demographic collapse. They know their population won't be enough to win any future war for the next century or more unless they reach the defendable geographical gaps. So for them this is a do or die effort and after Ukraine they will need the Baltic states, half of Poland, Maldova, and half of Romania.

War is coming unless Russia is beaten in Ukraine.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The $ is the highest its been here in CR in the 21 years I’ve lived here.
It just means that CR pesos are performing like trash

Does Costa Rica even have a modern hospital with technological advancements such as electricity and running water?

Would be pretty cool tho watching their highly qualified witch doctors bang on drums and consult a Ouija board while the local surgeon treats a heart attack victim with guava leaves and beech sand eh?

I almost forgot, you need to be close by to a Hospital

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It is now at $1.004 or less than a half cent off parity. It will go lower too as the energy crisis causes manufacturing to be shut down and the economy tanks.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It is now at $1.004 or less than a half cent off parity. It will go lower too as the energy crisis causes manufacturing to be shut down and the economy tanks.

I saw some futures market which listed the Euro at just 90 cents to the USD.

Maybe at par with the Canadian dollar soon?

Not good for them but good for us.

Get quality European goods for cheap

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Just about nothing manufactured is going to get built and their agricultural sector is going to quickly drop without access to fertilizers or pesticides.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Just about nothing manufactured is going to get built and their agricultural sector is going to quickly drop without access to fertilizers or pesticides.

Maybe soon the British pound will be at par with the USD too.

Just 1.19 Us d against 1 pound these days.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I can't wait for the EU to go back to the stone age...

Its a good time ta buy some high quality European made goods @Frood.

A lot of them are better made than their US counterparts.

Those prices/exchange rates wont last. Eventually their undervalued currencies and stocks will go back up again.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Its a good time ta buy some high quality European made goods @Frood.

A lot of them are better made than their US counterparts.

Those prices/exchange rates wont last. Eventually their undervalued currencies and stocks will go back up again.

There's nothing I could need besides petrochemicals and vehicle replacement parts like filters, belts, et cetera.

Most other stuff will be worthless.

If you haven't bought what you need by now, you probably won't make it.