The impact of English colonialism in India

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
You've already used that line against Dove, so now you're accusing me of the same?

Presumably your definition of the term means something different to the actual meaning.

This thread isn't about you. I read a lot. I ran across this article which caught my eye because the left is blamed for many deaths across the world, no one has taken into account the imperialists that caused much more misery and death.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
They are Westerners, yo. You didn't even read the thread. I addressed that Al-Jazeera only published the opinion piece by the scholars.
They can be westerners and hate their own countries and societies, plenty of those, actually.

And I started reading the article, but I had to stop here, because the authors themselves said they didn't have the numbers to validate their opinions.

"We do not know for sure what India’s pre-colonial mortality rate was, but if we assume it was similar to that of England in the 16th and 17th centuries (27.18 deaths per 1,000 people), we find that 165 million excess deaths occurred in India during the period from 1881 to 1920."

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
This thread isn't about you. I read a lot. I ran across this article which caught my eye because the left is blamed for many deaths across the world, no one has taken into account the imperialists that caused much more misery and death.
It was the rich elites who controlled the British Empire. A mixture of ultra wealthy Anglos and jews.

No one alive today should be blamed for what their ancestors have been accused of.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
They can be westerners and hate their own countries and societies, plenty of those, actually.

And I started reading the article, but I had to stop here, because the authors themselves said they didn't have the numbers to validate their opinions.

"We do not know for sure what India’s pre-colonial mortality rate was, but if we assume it was similar to that of England in the 16th and 17th centuries (27.18 deaths per 1,000 people), we find that 165 million excess deaths occurred in India during the period from 1881 to 1920."

They have to extrapolate. India has a bit more than a billion people now. Do you think they got to that number with 35 villagers in the 1800's?

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
"Comprehensive population censuses carried out by the colonial regime beginning in the 1880s reveal that the death rate increased considerably during this period, from 37.2 deaths per 1,000 people in the 1880s to 44.2 in the 1910s. Life expectancy declined from 26.7 years to 21.9 years."

The British colonial governments did keep records.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Advancements in medicine, most notably improvements in sanitation and the discovery of penicillin were the real reason.

People started living longer and more babies survived birth. Too many people to be fed. A good portion of India is not suitable for food cultivation for being too arid.
A lot of India's ability to cultivate food has been fucked over by the likes of Monsanto. Again, a form of colonization, this time by a US corporation.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Both the frequency and severity of famines in India declined to 1/3rd of the pre-colonial rates, you ignorant buffoon. It is axing how building railroads, international trade, canals, and roads does that. You are sadly to stupid to have ever looked at the actual data.

BTW our Brazilian friend is correct.

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
Both the frequency and severity of famines in India declined to 1/3rd of the pre-colonial rates, you ignorant buffoon. It is axing how building railroads, international trade, canals, and roads does that. You are sadly to stupid to have ever looked at the actual data.

BTW our Brazilian friend is correct.
Citations needed dick breath