The Problem With Living In The Midwest

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
Basket Weaving, both at home and underwater.
Hiking
Photography
Learn to Play Skin Flute
or Guitar.
Read a Book or more.
Is there a pool hall that doesn't serve beer?
Hit the gym.
Go for walks.
Take up Ballroom Dance
take a class or to at the school thingy
Get a nice Bicycle and ride.

OP
OP
Kingoffrogs

Kingoffrogs

Apparatus Of Satan
Site Supporter ☠️
Basket Weaving, both at home and underwater.
Hiking
Photography
Learn to Play Skin Flute
or Guitar.
Read a Book or more.
Is there a pool hall that doesn't serve beer?
Hit the gym.
Go for walks.
Take up Ballroom Dance
take a class or to at the school thingy
Get a nice Bicycle and ride.
Hiking, walks, biking, only available 6 months of the year up here. I'm in IL.

I do some of these things, as opposed to playing an instrument I produce music digitally.

Also, basket weaving? Is your name IRL Mildred or something?

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Hiking, walks, biking, only available 6 months of the year up here. I'm in IL.

I do some of these things, as opposed to playing an instrument I produce music digitally.

Also, basket weaving? Is your name IRL Mildred or something?
Work on your music, art, scholastic pursuits and poetry in the dead of winter.

PS, MILDRED DON'T DRAEGER!

OP
OP
Kingoffrogs

Kingoffrogs

Apparatus Of Satan
Site Supporter ☠️

I don't play sports anymore, it's not my thing. I prefer exercise alone.

Also, what is the deal with the popularization of pickleball? I don't get it.

I am forming a RAP GROUP with my friends, I think it's falling apart though. I haven't heard from them in a week.

I used to do coding, I don't have the patience for it anymore.

I wish I had a wife. I haven't had a gf in a year and it sucks being single, probably because I only have 2 friends IRL, 1 of them I haven't seen in 6 months. I am pretty much just alone 24/7, it would be be nice to have someone that is more than just a friend, a companion, rather.

Is your pfp a pic of your dog?

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
I don't play sports anymore, it's not my thing. I prefer exercise alone.

Also, what is the deal with the popularization of pickleball? I don't get it.

I am forming a RAP GROUP with my friends, I think it's falling apart though. I haven't heard from them in a week.

I used to do coding, I don't have the patience for it anymore.

I wish I had a wife.

Is your pfp a pic of your dog?
Rap's not really my thing, but don't some rappers solo? You could work on your rap in the shower or while driving in the living room where ever.

PS, join a gym

OP
OP
Kingoffrogs

Kingoffrogs

Apparatus Of Satan
Site Supporter ☠️

You can walk during winter, the clothing required to not freeze solid while doing so is expensive though. I don't even have a winter coat because they are so expensive.

it gets to -30 or -40 sometimes. In the winter it is usually 20-0 degrees.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
You can walk during winter, the clothing required to not freeze solid while doing so is expensive though. I don't even have a winter coat because they are so expensive.

it gets to -30 or -40 sometimes. In the winter it is usually 20-0 degrees.
Space Blankets are cheap, I don't know why everyone in the cold states don't wear them.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I wish I had a wife. I haven't had a gf in a year and it sucks being single, probably because I only have 2 friends IRL, 1 of them I haven't seen in 6 months. I am pretty much just alone 24/7, it would be be nice to have someone that is more than just a friend, a companion, rather.

OP
OP
Kingoffrogs

Kingoffrogs

Apparatus Of Satan
Site Supporter ☠️
It sounds as bad as most of us that don't live in the rural midwest think it is...

I remember when I first flew across the country and flying over the plains.

I was like WTF do people live here?

But, have you already gone to school, by that I mean higher ed?
No, i tried it, I gave up. I have hated school my entire life, and I don't want to blow tens of thousands on a degree that's value is decreasing by the day.

If I wanted to make decent money with a degree, I'd have to get a bachelors at least. It will take me at least 4 years, probably closer to 6 or 8 to get a bachelors, but by then, many people who have an associate now would have gotten a bachelors.

Associate's degrees will be utterly useless in a decade, so why bother getting one. If everyone has an associate's, then it isn't worth jack shit.

I'll probably just work in a factory until I retire or die, whichever comes first.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
No, i tried it, I gave up. I have hated school my entire life, and I don't want to blow tens of thousands on a degree that's value is decreasing by the day.

If I wanted to make decent money with a degree, I'd have to get a bachelors at least. It will take me at least 4 years, probably closer to 6 or 8 to get a bachelors, but by then, many people who have an associate now would have gotten a bachelors.

Associate's degrees will be utterly useless in a decade, so why bother getting one. If everyone has an associate's, then it isn't worth jack shit.

I'll probably just work in a factory until I retire.

Two year degrees in a field where you are certified to do something might prove helpful and even financially sustainable. A certified mechanic, welder, electrician...become a journeyman.

You can earn enough money to get the hell out of Dodge. Two years will pass quickly whether you get training or not. I would advise you to get training.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
That's with windchill, though. Without windchill it gets to -20 tops.

The coldest it ever gets here is the high twenties, like 29. It's pleasant weather. Virtually no humidity, only rains in the winter, summers are warm and dry...the breeze coming off of the Pacific cools the nights down.

It's incredible.