Stupid but I have a problem with a seagull at work

Big Sexy

narcoleptic mattress salesman
Site Supporter
Im a line cook. I go smoke by the dumpsters a few times a day. We get seagulls in our parking lot- it’s a well known restaurant, it’s busy, and tourists are sloppy with their fries. I also suspect the tourists are feeding the seagulls bc it’s “cute” even though it’s very against the rules. Regardless, the gulls do not fear man or god. They are used to people.

A few weeks back, one of the gulls swooped down and took my cig. I think he thought it was a French fry. I giggled, and went about my day. However, it’s happened a few times since. I know it’s the same guy because he has a dark spot on his chest. I call him The Pestilence.

I’m concerned he is now addicted to nicotine. Hes by the dumpsters at the same time as my breaks, every single day. This is obviously not good for him, and Im getting mad about him bumming off me because smoking is expensive. Do I try to quit smoking? I’ll make noise and try to appear large to scare him off, but The Pestilence is hip to my tricks. Have work crack down on tourists feeding the gulls? What do I do? Are there sonar weapons, such as a dog whistle type of thing, that I could employ?

Sorry this is fucking stupid. Im being bullied by a seagull. He also stole a $10 bill from my coworker. It’s very rural, so we don’t have animal rescues and animal control just laughed when we called. Any advice welcome, and yes, I am serious. He sucks but I care about wildlife and he’s probably too young to be smoking.

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam
Im a line cook. I go smoke by the dumpsters a few times a day. We get seagulls in our parking lot- it’s a well known restaurant, it’s busy, and tourists are sloppy with their fries. I also suspect the tourists are feeding the seagulls bc it’s “cute” even though it’s very against the rules. Regardless, the gulls do not fear man or god. They are used to people.

A few weeks back, one of the gulls swooped down and took my cig. I think he thought it was a French fry. I giggled, and went about my day. However, it’s happened a few times since. I know it’s the same guy because he has a dark spot on his chest. I call him The Pestilence.

I’m concerned he is now addicted to nicotine. Hes by the dumpsters at the same time as my breaks, every single day. This is obviously not good for him, and Im getting mad about him bumming off me because smoking is expensive. Do I try to quit smoking? I’ll make noise and try to appear large to scare him off, but The Pestilence is hip to my tricks. Have work crack down on tourists feeding the gulls? What do I do? Are there sonar weapons, such as a dog whistle type of thing, that I could employ?

Sorry this is fucking stupid. Im being bullied by a seagull. He also stole a $10 bill from my coworker. It’s very rural, so we don’t have animal rescues and animal control just laughed when we called. Any advice welcome, and yes, I am serious. He sucks but I care about wildlife and he’s probably too young to be smoking.
A kids slingshot and a small pebble. You don't have to kill it. Just a small smack. If he comes back, smack him with a pebble again to teach him to stay the fuck away from you. It's called operant conditioning. It's how Biggie trained Admin to respond to "Admin sucks cock" posts.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Alkaseltzer tablet smeared in fryer grease.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Get a blasting cap and hold it up and make sure the fucker see's it and lite it and hold it over your head,bye bye birdie - - - - -
PS - wear a leather clove

OP
OP
Big Sexy

Big Sexy

narcoleptic mattress salesman
Site Supporter
Update: dying that this blew up. The Pestilence was off today due to rain, but I am going to get photos and/or videos of our gulls for y’all- I’m off a freakish amount next week, but I will try when I am in. thank y’all for the advice, and for the laughs - I’ve been a bit down lately and it’s much appreciated.

Thanks for the reactions, but please donate to rural animal rescues instead- we clearly need it, their DARE programs obviously sucks.