There’s a KFC here

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Over in Indonesia and they give you rice instead of chips!

But then I was actually thinking, "Hell, why not just try it once?"

We had chicken, basmati with tomato sauce, and coleslaw.

Still, I bet the rice is better than in the RSofA back in Africa.

images

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I hear KFC's new spicy chicken sandwich gives Popeye's a run for its money. Also, if they are going to give people rice in Indonesia they should at least make it fried rice with some veggies in it.

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
KFC here has turned into complete garbage they ran the chicken game in the 90s though but turned into greasy slop and watered down gravy
KFC gravy is ick. Enough salt in the gravy to keep a cow happy for months.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
KFC here has turned into complete garbage they ran the chicken game in the 90s though but turned into greasy slop and watered down gravy

Oh yeah forgot your a canuck.. Remember when they first introduced "Extra Crispy" man chicken pieces were huge and crispy .. now its just grease no crunch lifeless fodder.. fries are still good but .. been years now .. Churches, Popeyes, and here in Toronto all these chicken specialty shops popping up KFC is the past for me

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Because of this thread I decided to watch a Mike Chen video on McDonald's in Indonesia and they had sticky white rice, scrambled eggs, super spicy fried chicken, with symbol sauce and raw garlic on the side. It looked great but none of that is sold in the US. I'd love to see something like the World of Coke (where you can get all the unique soda and beverage options Coke sells around the world) but for Fastfood chains. You'd walk into the World of McDonald's and they'd have every menu item offered any where in the world by McDonald's.

Tell me such a flagship restaurant wouldn't be a huge hit in a place like Las Vegas.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
There some fast-food places from my childhood which I miss and wish were still around. Picnic 'N Chicken was much better than KFC during the 1980's. The owner was based out of San Diego and he was the largest owner of KFC franchises in the country in the 1970's but he got into a dispute with KFC corporate so he sold all of his KFC locations and launched a direct competitor to KFC only better. Everything was fresher with more options, their spicy fried chicken was fucking spicy as hell, but delicious, and their prices were about the same as KFC. I loved it. Sadly, KFC decided to file endless empty lawsuits and even though Picnic 'N Chicken won all of them the fina iCal cost of dozens of lawsuits dragging on for years really hurt the company's finances. Eventually, Picnic 'N Chicken got taken over by KFC as part of a hostile buy out. All because KFC was afraid of competition.

Last I heard there was one last location left in Las Vegas. The franchisee had to rename it to family basket instead of the old Picnic 'N Chicken name but supposedly most of the recipes are still the same.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I used to love going to the local Captain Kidd's fast-food restaurant when I was young. It was a chain that was similar to Long John Silver's but fresher and better. You could get all you could eat baskets of popcorn shrimp and French fries, breaded and fried crayfish tails, and a whole variety of grilled or fried fish. Sadly, it also went bust though one location remains with the same name (in Redondo Beach) but they went totally upscale and are now a proper seafood restaurant and no longer a cheap fast-food place.

Dageaux

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Popeye's here in NOLA (the birthplace of cajun fried chicken) is different than anywhere else, more spices, more grease, more attitude. I will have to try the KFC sammich, but they will have to work hard to beat the Popeye's chicken sammich. That is a good damned sammich.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Popeye's chicken sandwich really is the best fast-food chicken sandwich out there. I have only been to Steak and Shake once, at their Las Vegas location, but I remember their Frisco melt being pretty damn good for fastfood.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Popeye's Chicken and Church's Chicken- neck and neck for me. They both have the best chicken. I don't even eat KFC anymore.

Yeah they have Church's Chicken in Vancouver.

Seems their chicken pieces are larger than KFC.

But I still like KFC, tho many people have complained that the quality has gone down over the years and the chicken pieces are getting smaller all the time. Their drumsticks have become drumettes.

Dageaux

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Popeye's Chicken and Church's Chicken- neck and neck for me. They both have the best chicken. I don't even eat KFC anymore.

But I still like KFC, tho many people have complained that the quality has gone down over the years and the chicken pieces are getting smaller all the time. Their drumsticks have become drumettes.
Churches here are not great, ok, but not great. I will say Chucrches has always had the biggest pieces. Not sure where they get their chickens from but they are definitely a lot bigger than the ones everyone else uses. KFC original recipe is greasy and salty. All a growing boy needs

X

xXx
Site Supporter

Have you noticed some KFC's leave the cooked chicken under those heat lamps and some leave them in an oven sort of thing to keep warm ? .... the ones under the heat lamp imo are better less grease and less sloppy ...a bit dryer ..

Succubus

Entertain me you boring fucks.....
Site Supporter

Have you noticed some KFC's leave the cooked chicken under those heat lamps and some leave them in an oven sort of thing to keep warm ? .... the ones under the heat lamp imo are better less grease and less sloppy ...a bit dryer ..

I like juicy chicken that's tender. KFC is too dry and chewy to me. ...but it does have a good flavor.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Churches here are not great, ok, but not great. I will say Chucrches has always had the biggest pieces. Not sure where they get their chickens from but they are definitely a lot bigger than the ones everyone else uses. KFC original recipe is greasy and salty. All a growing boy needs

Totally agree. All that grease aint good for you. That's why I only go at most a couple times a yeer. Same with MacDonalds. Yet their food is all yummy, they make it taste that way so you want more. But it's not anymore healthy to indulge in junk food all the tune than it is to eat a bag of cookies by yourself.

Succubus

Entertain me you boring fucks.....
Site Supporter

Totally agree. All that grease aint good for you. That's why I only go at most a couple times a yeer. Same with MacDonalds. Yet their food is all yummy, they make it taste that way so you want more. But it's not anymore healthy to indulge in junk food all the tune than it is to eat a bag of cookies by yourself.

Ewwww I hate McDonald's, lol. Only thing I do is eat their ice cream or drink a frappe.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Ewwww I hate McDonald's, lol. Only thing I do is eat their ice cream or drink a frappe.

I like them all. But I can't eat them in large quanitities like I used to. That kind of food is appealing and fun to indugle in once in a while. But not all the time. Preferably during the summer when a person can burn them calories grease off with exercise.

There's always a place for junk food in a person's diet, as long as they know when ta quit.

It's a bit like weed. Maybe something to try out on occasion at a party, but not every friggin day.

Last edited:

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
A, You live in Indonesia, Brainfail? WTF?

B, This thread is making me want to go to the Burger King here and see if they have Portuguese-style food.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
A year or two back I had a francisinha at a Portuguese Cafe in Point Loma. We also stopped by the Portuguese cultural center and bought some cheese, wine, and sausages (I think canned sardines as well) at the little store they had there. There used to be a lot of Portuguese who worked in the local fishing industry based out of Point Loma.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Apparently, in Taiwan no KFC meal is complete without a Portuguese egg tart.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Oh yeah forgot your a canuck.. Remember when they first introduced "Extra Crispy" man chicken pieces were huge and crispy .. now its just grease no crunch lifeless fodder.. fries are still good but .. been years now .. Churches, Popeyes, and here in Toronto all these chicken specialty shops popping up KFC is the past for me

Speaking of Canuckistan I remember liking the burgers at Harvey's. Harvey's needs to start expanding into the US.