There's a problem with the forum software or interface

wizer

Factory Bastard
I log in occasionally to see if there's anything posted other than references to male genitalia or screenshots of PMs that supposedly reveal someone's PI or are complete BS meant to discredit a person in the eyes of all 6 or so regular posters.

Quite often I see that little bell icon which has now been universally accepted among various software platforms along with a little red bubble with a number in it, indicating messages or activity has occurred since my last check-in that pertains specifically to me.

More often than not when I click that message icon I see that someone quoted my post. I prepare to engage with either friend or foe, debate gender preferences, penis size or geography of the planet, or the right and the left and which party will cause more damage to the country.

But upon clicking the link and viewing the post in question, I usually find that it's not my post specifically being replied to, it turns out that my post is nested along with a whole bunch of others, in a jumbled mess that upon first glance appears to be the puked up remains of alphabet soup and red spaghetti, and only the last post is really the one being quoted.

This needs to be fixed.

Immediately.

OP
OP
wizer

wizer

Factory Bastard
I see that Admin liked my post.

I recall from when I last Admin'd an SMF board there was an option in the Control Panel related to "nesting of quotes".

Might want to look into that.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
I log in occasionally to see if there's anything posted other than references to male genitalia or screenshots of PMs that supposedly reveal someone's PI or are complete BS meant to discredit a person in the eyes of all 6 or so regular posters.

Quite often I see that little bell icon which has now been universally accepted among various software platforms along with a little red bubble with a number in it, indicating messages or activity has occurred since my last check-in that pertains specifically to me.

More often than not when I click that message icon I see that someone quoted my post. I prepare to engage with either friend or foe, debate gender preferences, penis size or geography of the planet, or the right and the left and which party will cause more damage to the country.

But upon clicking the link and viewing the post in question, I usually find that it's not my post specifically being rep gives me the gay lied to, it turns out that my post is nested along with a whole bunch of others, in a jumbled mess that upon first glance appears to be the puked up remains of alphabet soup and red spaghetti, and only the last post is really the one being quoted.

This needs to be fixed.

Immediately.
IKR? I get that too sometimes, but mostly a certain runt of the litter poster who I won't name, will randomly gay stamp 20 or so of my posts...it's like a pathetic cry for acceptance. NTTAWWT

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter
Nested quotes are too complicated for about 73% of this forum's denizens to operate with any style.
I can deal with them okay, but I do hate getting 25 or 30 alerts that my post has been quoted on an active thread, and it turns out ONE person quoted my post directly and 3 or 4 other hopeless maroons just hit the Reply button.