This will bring down gas prices...

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Nothing like chemically castrating five years for "equity".

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
I’m not understanding why y’all fail to see the record breaking profits the oil companies are raking in.
. Exactly. Why up production when you can make a killing by doing nothing but price gouging?

Conservatives love it when corporate entities fuck them in the ass.

PS: Not only does this create windfall profits, but it gives the appearance that it is the failing of a president who promotes development of alternatives to fossil fuels.

so...
Drill baby drill. or
...don't drill and refine but make piles of profits at the expense of the people,
who in their ignorance will blame the wrong people.

Last edited:

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Odd. How these very same oil companies didn’t “price gouge” under Orange Man bad

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
Odd. How these very same oil companies didn’t “price gouge” under Orange Man bad
Why not learn to read, moron.

. No, it isn't odd.
Remember - Putin didn't expect to need to make a prolonged military intervention in Ukraine.
.Trump, had he been, um...not wiped out in a landslide election failure, would have continued engineering the ruination of NATO so Putin could have waltzed right into eastern Europe. That combined with the protracted fight against theCovids which never had to be so exaggerated had Trump acted appropriately rather than telling people it was a cold - nothing to worry about and FREEEEUMB! Then...
..the fossil fuel industry which conservatives protect and cherish like a religious icon (which for them it is)
wouldn't be able to drag it's feet ramping up production now...
"Oh it's been so long, we forget how to refine oil and gas......it takes time"

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️

. No, it isn't odd.
Remember - Putin didn't expect to need to make a prolonged military intervention in Ukraine.
.Trump, had he been, um...not wiped out in a landslide election failure, would have continued engineering the ruination of NATO so Putin could have waltzed right into eastern Europe. That combined with the protracted fight against theCovids which never had to be so exaggerated had Trump acted appropriately rather than telling people it was a cold - nothing to worry about and FREEEEUMB! Then...
..the fossil fuel industry which conservatives protect and cherish like a religious icon (which for them it is)
How much Cash "Investments" did the Kushner's receive from The Saudi Government, based on their roles as Advisors to Orange Dad?

"Hey look over there, it's Hunter Biden's Laptop!"

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned

. No, it isn't odd.
How much Cash "Investments" did the Kushner's receive from The Saudi Government, based on their roles as Advisors to Orange Dad?

"Hey look over there, it's Hunter Biden's Laptop!"
Billions and Billions

quote-billions-and-billions-carl-sagan-83-1-0158.jpg

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

And yet another example of a leftist promoting a adult and healthy discussion when presented with obvious inconsistencies in their media supplied story line

I guess that's to be expected when your argument is composed of 98% nonsensical and unsustainable hyperbole and 2% personal drivel.

It must be frustrating indeed to tow the line of this media supplied dog and pony show which attempts to present "Putin man bad" as the source of this energy crisis we see before us, but cant quite figure out how to make the narrative travel back in time to right around Jan 21st 2020 when YOUR puppet of a leader signed several executive orders which were both covertly and overtly hostile to the very same oil industry you demonize today.

you do realize that gasoline had already risen nearly 2 dollars a gallon from Jan 2020 to Feb 24th 2022 don't you? Did Putin man bad cause that price hike too?

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I'd take a moment to counter with no you're the moron here given the easy decimation of your silly talking points but I really have no reason to insult the vast majority of morons out there who are otherwise fairly decent people.

dismissed.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Carbon emissions fuck the atmosphere up. Best to do something about it now. In reality it might be too late.

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
you do realize that gasoline had already risen nearly 2 dollars a gallon from Jan 2020 to Feb 24th 2022 don't you? Did Putin man bad cause that price hike too?
Just going to suggest one more time that you learn to read.

PS: Why does the oil industry need more land leases when they don't even utilize the ones they have?

The oil industry is currently sitting on 9.9 million acres of idle leases in the West—47.4 percent of all leases in the region—that are available to drill even during the Biden administration's temporary leasing pause.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Just going to suggest one more time that you learn to read.

PS: Why does the oil industry need more land leases when they don't even utilize the ones they have?

The oil industry is currently sitting on 9.9 million acres of idle leases in the West—47.4 percent of all leases in the region—that are available to drill even during the Biden administration's temporary leasing pause.

which again brings us right back to the original trigger point which made the straps on your helmet recoil violently

These 9.9 millions of acres they're sitting on didn't just get approved for drilling between inauguration day and Jan 21st 2022 did they?

I'm certain they didn't

So why didn't we see them performing this very same "price gauging" you speak of under Trump? :Popcorn:

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
So why didn't we see them performing this very same "price gauging" you speak of under Trump?
Last time - learn to read. Already explained.

. But here - 1991 Gulf War.
. Everybody now understands that dependence on oil, and global market pricing by OPEC is risky business, so we start converting to sustainable alternatives and here 30+ years later we have achieved energy independence - Only not. Of course if we didn't have a political finance system that all conservatives adore sustaining political beholdeness to big corporations who pump big beans into their favorite (conservative) candidates, then the oil industry wouldn't have the power it does.

. Remind me again, among the record breaking number of corporate CEOs etc in Trump's cabinet, how many were out of the Oil Industry?
..but you people love that corporate money in politics.
Can you say Citizens United? I know you can, and with a smile too.

Last edited:

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Nothing substantive to add huh?

I figured as much considering you talked yourself into a circle on your second reply

lol

as I was saying

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Oh look, the loney left has a new boogyman to blame for high gas prices

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
I love the way libtards blamed the president for gas prices 2017 through 2020 and then, magically, on Jan21 2021 onward presidents no longer had any impact on things like the economy, inflation and high gas prices

Lmao. Fuckimg dweebs

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I’m not understanding why y’all fail to see the record breaking profits the oil companies are raking in.

Their profit margins are unchanged. The price of raw materials went up though so when you are make 2% profit on sales and the price doubles so does your gross sales. It is basic math.

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
LoLz ^^^^^^^

Why the No. 1 oil country is producing less oil.
Even before the invasion, prices of oil and gasoline were rising as the world gradually recovered from the Covid pandemic. For a brief moment in 2020, the cost of a barrel of oil
from the lack of demand. Now, commuters and vacationers are back on the road, and offices and industries have reopened.

Prices have been marching higher since the pandemic.
Daily price of oil since the start of 2020
–$50
$0
$50
$100 per barrel
June 6
$118.41
per barrel
Demand fell off sharply during pandemic lockdowns, briefly pushing the price of oil below zero.
The war in Ukraine has disrupted Russian oil supplies, causing a spike in prices.
Source: Energy Information Administration Note: Price of West Texas Intermediate oil. Prices are not adjusted for inflation.
Oil companies have been slow to respond to the rebound after laying off workers and decommissioning rigs during the pandemic slump.

There have been two oil price crashes in the past eight years, and many executives believe that another one is inevitable. That has made them hesitant to drill new wells and seriously ramp up production, said Christopher Knittel, an energy economist at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The lack of investment has led to a decline in output in recent years.

Companies have instead been directing profits to shareholders in the form of dividends or as share buybacks.

“Even though they see high prices today, they're afraid that prices are gonna tank over the life of that well,” Mr. Knittel said of industry executives. “They also have this expectation that electric vehicles are going to continue to grow, which means that 10 years from now, that oil well may not be earning profits. And so all of that is creating a disincentive to drill.”

....or - these fuckers are looking out for their profits and precious do-nothing shareholders, and couldn't care less how much pain you feel. You are nothing but another type of well to syphon money out of.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The American Petroleum Institute came up with 10 suggestions which would help lower energy prices. You will notice Biden and the Dems oppose all of them because they want high energy prices.