Thoughts On The Upcoming Mike Tyson Vs. Jake Paul Fight?

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I just hope Mikie doesn't get hurt.
.. Mike was a devastating puncher, but like Rhonda Rousey, when finally a fighter(s) decided to stop fighting defensively and go on the attack, the defensive weaknesses showed. I blame that Robin Givens for emasculating him. In any case as BF noted, this is just about the cha-chings, not about real heavyweight fighting.

Rousey's chin went, if I remember correctly. Once you cannot take a punch, you are in trouble.

I have not seen any footage of Tyson sparring. I have no idea if his old man head can take a punch.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
The more I have seen of Mike Tyson lately, the more I have changed my opinion.

I think he is probably going to get knocked out.

Not that I have seen much of him: They only show these little 3 and 4 second clips of him hitting pads. No sparring at all. No getting hit.

Yeah, he has good foot movement. Yeah, he has decent speed. And he does have good head movement at times. But then, it is right there: His big old man head is right there to be punched. And I do not think he still has the reaction speed to slip a punch well. If this Jake Paul clown times a big shot right (and the timing does NOT have to be very precise), I think he should put Tyson on his back.

Do we know how hard Tyson is punching? I watch those clips and, although it is hard to tell for sure, he does not look like he is putting much behind the punches.

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
The more I have seen of Mike Tyson lately, the more I have changed my opinion.

I think he is probably going to get knocked out.

Not that I have seen much of him: They only show these little 3 and 4 second clips of him hitting pads. No sparring at all. No getting hit.

Yeah, he has good foot movement. Yeah, he has decent speed. And he does have good head movement at times. But then, it is right there: His big old man head is right there to be punched. And I do not think he still has the reaction speed to slip a punch well. If this Jake Paul clown times a big shot right (and the timing does NOT have to be very precise), I think he should put Tyson on his back.

Do we know how hard Tyson is punching? I watch those clips and, although it is hard to tell for sure, he does not look like he is putting much behind the punches.
Well, I'm sure if you like professional wrestling you'll enjoy this spectacle too.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
If memory serves, the fight is it considered an exhibition? Usually, fighters hold back a little, don't they?

Why?

I think the reason this is an "exhibition match" is probably for legal reasons - they probably could not get a license to have a sanctioned boxing match involving an old man.