Thoughts On The Upcoming Mike Tyson Vs. Jake Paul Fight?

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Tyson is my favorite boxer of all time but the age gap is insane. In the end it's all about money but I would like to see Tyson win.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I hope Tyson breaks that Youtuber's face
Me too. Although Tyson's age is certainly a factor he has far more experience than Paul. Tyson has fought some of the best boxers ever. My guess is that Paul is going to underestimate Tyson's ferocity and get laid out. Also, Tyson is in his 50's not 90's.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Some fucking Youtubers are so desperate for attention for themselves and their sites. lol

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
My Niece type person who grew up around fighting, says everyone she knows hopes Mike knocks this guy out.
I agree. I want to see Tyson drop him. Maybe Paul will learn a few things about fighting against a legend. I was a little concerned about the age difference a day or two ago, but he's 57 not 87, he's still in good shape and never underestimate muscle memory. When Tyson steps into the ring he turns into an absolute monster and not just because of the ear biting incident years ago with Holyfield. lol

Admin.

This ain't Texas (woo), ain't. no hold'm woo woo
Site Supporter ☠️
I agree. I want to see Tyson drop him. Maybe Paul will learn a few things about fighting against a legend. I was a little concerned about the age difference a day or two ago, but he's 57 not 87, he's still in good shape and never underestimate muscle memory. When Tyson steps into the ring he turns into an absolute monster and not just because of the ear biting incident years ago with Holyfield. lol
Me and several friends had a big potluck get together for one of Tyson’s big fights it was pay per view but the gf worked for cable so it was free for us, huge feast laid out… Tyson came out and dropped the guy in about 20 seconds. We all just sat there stunned, “Is that all there is?”

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Me and several friends had a big potluck get together for one of Tyson’s huge feast laid out… Tyoson came out and dropped the guy in about 20 seconds. We all just sat there stunned, “Is that all there is?”
Probably the Spinks fight. He dropped him in like 80 seconds or something. A lot of disappointed viewers like you guys on that one.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Tyson was a very good boxer. He was not great, like some people were led to believe.

He fought some very good/great boxers.

Larry Holmes, when Holmes was old and weak....way way past his prime.

Michael Spinks, who was a great light heavyweight fighter (175 pounds), but not a high level heavyweight fighter.

Evander Holyfield who destroyed him twice. It was the first fight that I realized we were all fooled by Don King into believing Tyson was better than he was.

Lennox Lewis who destroyed him. I boxed in the same club as Lennox Lewis. We played on the same football team too.

Jake Paul is a very weak professional fighter. He would be a pretty decent amateur fighter for his limited experience.

Tyson should destroy him, and I hope he does. The big concern is that he is 57 and he might not be able to take a punch.

Marvin

Factory Bastard
Tyson wins first round by KO

or they go the distance with very little to talk bout

and Paul wins cuz of the judges.. split decision bullshit.

doesn't matter the winner. the pay day is immense for both. probably Tyson will fight the other brother by the end of the year

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️

and Paul wins cuz of the judges.. split decision bullshit.

doesn't matter the winner. the pay day is immense for both. probably Tyson will fight the other brother by the end of the year
Ah ha! You can talk in an intelligible manner! What's all of that jargon you say to me in other posts? lol

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

So you think Tyson will gas after one round?

I doubt it.

Tyson will not have the same power or speed that he had when he was younger. Which is why a KO in the first round is unlikely. A KO is much more likely to happen in the rounds 3-6, unless he gasses out. And I would be surprised if he is not in great shape and ready to go the distance.

If it does go the distance, then I would expect a solid win by decision for Tyson. The only way Jake Paul would win a decision is if he knocked Tyson down several times in the fight and, therefore, had some 10-8 rounds.

The questions to ask are whether or not Jake Paul can land a punch, and if he does, can Tyson's old head take it?

In other words, Jake Paul has a puncher's chance. That is it.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
He is a clown and will look ridiculous with any outcome:
losing to an old man
Defeating an old man

Both Jake Paul and Mike Tyson would beat at least 99% of the general population in the ring.

So I am not sure how losing to Tyson or beating Tyson would make him look ridiculous....

Ana

Factory Bastard
Both Jake Paul and Mike Tyson would beat at least 99% of the general population in the ring.

So I am not sure how losing to Tyson or beating Tyson would make him look ridiculous....
Because one of them is a retired old man, I think it looks ridiculous, I know Mike is still strong but he is 60 and not professional anymore

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Because one of them is a retired old man, I think it looks ridiculous, I know Mike is still strong but he is 60 and not professional anymore

My point is that even though Mike Tyson is way way way way past his prime, he still has a chance. And even though Jake Paul is a very poor professional, beating an old Mike Tyson is still a challenge.

Anyone who think Jake Paul is a good professional fighter has been duped. He is at about the level of all the guys that were fed to a young Mike Tyson to get him ring experience, but also to build the hype. i.e. Jake Paul is not a good professional fighter.

Marvin

Factory Bastard
So you think Tyson will gas after one round?

I doubt it.

Tyson will not have the same power or speed that he had when he was younger. Which is why a KO in the first round is unlikely. A KO is much more likely to happen in the rounds 3-6, unless he gasses out. And I would be surprised if he is not in great shape and ready to go the distance.

If it does go the distance, then I would expect a solid win by decision for Tyson. The only way Jake Paul would win a decision is if he knocked Tyson down several times in the fight and, therefore, had some 10-8 rounds.

The questions to ask are whether or not Jake Paul can land a punch, and if he does, can Tyson's old head take it?

In other words, Jake Paul has a puncher's chance. That is it.
yada yada Tyson wins first round by KO

Marvin

Factory Bastard
That is highly unlikely.

I would expect that he will use at least the first round to try to shake off any ring rust.
we'll just have agree to disagree on this. unlike the animals on here we can respectfully disagree. goddman savages on here need to be in a zoo!!

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
MESNBAW_o.jpg

Bastard Factory

Chairman of the Bored
Administrator
We all wanna see Mike unleash past demons and fight for real.. its not happening. He will not be trying to destroy JP.

JP does not have the technical skills to match Mike... this is about entertainment on Netflix...

16 oz gloves instead of 10... 2 min rounds instead of 3.

A sparring match, which will end in a draw most likely.

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
I just hope Mikie doesn't get hurt.
.. Mike was a devastating puncher, but like Rhonda Rousey, when finally a fighter(s) decided to stop fighting defensively and go on the attack, the defensive weaknesses showed. I blame that Robin Givens for emasculating him. In any case as BF noted, this is just about the cha-chings, not about real heavyweight fighting.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
The only way I see some real fighting is if Tyson loses his cool. He's notorious for having a short fuse, but he's older now and that certainly has an impact.