Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
“I counted my years and discovered that I have less time to live from now on than I have lived until now.
I feel like that kid who won a packet of sweets: he ate the first ones with pleasure, but when he realized there were few left he started to like them intensely.
I no longer have time for endless meetings where statute, rules, procedures and internal regulations are discussed, knowing that nothing will be achieved.
I no longer have time to support absurd people who, despite their age, haven’t grown up.
My time is too short: I want essence, my soul is in a hurry. I don't have many sweets in the packet.
I want to live next to human people, very human, who can laugh at their mistakes and who are not swollen by their triumphs and who take their responsibilities. This is how you defend human dignity and move towards truth and honesty
It’s the essentials that make life worth living.
I want to surround myself with people who know how to touch hearts, people who have been taught by the hard blows of life to grow with gentle touches of the soul.
Yes, I'm in a hurry, I'm eager to live with the intensity that only maturity can provide.
I don't mean to waste any leftover sweets. I'm sure they'll be yummy, a lot more than what I've eaten so far.
My goal is to reach the end satisfied and at peace with my loved ones and my conscience.
We have two lives and the second one starts when you realize you only have one. ”

Mario de Andrade

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
“I counted my years and discovered that I have less time to live from now on than I have lived until now.
I feel like that kid who won a packet of sweets: he ate the first ones with pleasure, but when he realized there were few left he started to like them intensely.
I no longer have time for endless meetings where statute, rules, procedures and internal regulations are discussed, knowing that nothing will be achieved.
I no longer have time to support absurd people who, despite their age, haven’t grown up.
My time is too short: I want essence, my soul is in a hurry. I don't have many sweets in the packet.
I want to live next to human people, very human, who can laugh at their mistakes and who are not swollen by their triumphs and who take their responsibilities. This is how you defend human dignity and move towards truth and honesty
It’s the essentials that make life worth living.
I want to surround myself with people who know how to touch hearts, people who have been taught by the hard blows of life to grow with gentle touches of the soul.
Yes, I'm in a hurry, I'm eager to live with the intensity that only maturity can provide.
I don't mean to waste any leftover sweets. I'm sure they'll be yummy, a lot more than what I've eaten so far.
My goal is to reach the end satisfied and at peace with my loved ones and my conscience.
We have two lives and the second one starts when you realize you only have one. ”

Mario de Andrade

I will say, I am glad I lived most of my life off of screens. I sometimes feel how much time I've wasted on the web. At least I won't die knowing most of my life was spent "trolling".

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
I said it sounds a bit creepy, but I didn't mean to imply that your intent is creepy. I don't believe you'd do anything inappropriate or leer either.
I try never to leer, though it can be a challenge.
...but really, the older I get the more fatherly I feel toward young women....unless they're obviously hoors.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I try never to leer, though it can be a challenge.
...but really, the older I get the more fatherly I feel toward young women....unless they're obviously hoors.

That sentiment reminds me of a comedian's video clips I encountered recently. He has 2 children. He said when he had his son, he realized he was prepared to die for him, if necessary. But when he had his daughter, he realized he would kill for her.

It's pretty funny, he has good timing and stage presence and makes it work.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I will say, I am glad I lived most of my life off of screens. I sometimes feel how much time I've wasted on the web. At least I won't die knowing most of my life was spent "trolling".

Me too. Most of the 70s, 80s, and part of the 90s I was out working. Really had little time to really understand computers. Still today many things related confuse me.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
I find shoe sizes confusing. I seem always to be in-between, and neither seems just right. :Whaa?:
I mean what do you do? Hope they stretch to fit, or hope you grow into them?
.This applies to all categories of clothing really. You got your shirts, yer pants, yer jackets and undies. Hats can be a big issue on their own.
.This is why it is good to be wealthy enough to have a personal haberdasher.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Me too. Most of the 70s, 80s, and part of the 90s I was out working. Really had little time to really understand computers. Still today many things related confuse me.

Some tasks computers have made easier, no argument from me. But putting chips in everything...some things have gotten more complicated and more expensive to fix, imo.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I mean what do you do? Hope they stretch to fit, or hope you grow into them?
.This applies to all categories of clothing really. You got your shirts, yer pants, yer jackets and undies. Hats can be a big issue on their own.
.This is why it is good to be wealthy enough to have a personal haberdasher.

I read a comment about how you can tell someone is wealthy...the colors of their clothes match perfectly. For example, they don't wear different shades of black. Hmmm, I thought...I can't afford Dior though...I guess my blacks will have to remain mismatched. C'est la vie...

As for shoes, I've noticed at the places that have shoes on racks, people are purposefully buying shoes in different sizes. A woman's size 7 for the left and maybe an 8 for the right...

It's chaos!

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
I read a comment about how you can tell someone is wealthy...the colors of their clothes match perfectly. For example, they don't wear different shades of black. Hmmm, I thought...I can't afford Dior though...I guess my blacks will have to remain mismatched. C'est la vie...
I disagree entirely - as a devoted wearer of blacks, it's more a matter of fabrics than shades. Shades do not need exact match by any means, but fabrics should coordinate.