Vatican Girl

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️

I'd love to talk about this with anyone who has watched it. Fascinating.

I'd like to see that, I remember reading a story about this, some time ago, possibly in the New Yorker. One more example of a big institution taking advantage of the vulnerable.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I'd like to see that, I remember reading a story about this, some time ago, possibly in the New Yorker. One more example of a big institution taking advantage of the vulnerable.

Big RICH AF institution. I remember when I was making my first holy communion, my grandfather commenting to someone that the Vatican has more money than Bank of America.

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
Big RICH AF institution. I remember when I was making my first holy communion, my grandfather commenting to someone that the Vatican has more money than Bank of America.
I wonder if the Mormon's may have outpaced them yet? Probably not, but I bet they're gaining (on wealth)

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I've watched the first two episodes. It's an interesting topic, but not very well made documentary, imo. It's very slow and repetitive.

I find the motives ascribed to the "kidnappers" to be far-fetched. KGB/Bulgarian plot to get Agca before he could talk...right. Some girl from an obscure family was going to move the Vatican...don't buy it.

And the banking scandal version, again...the girl isn't enough to move that institution. I think the actual reasons would be far more obscure and probably a lot more perverse.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

It literally runs businesses. There is a Vatican bank.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Last edited:
OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I've watched the first two episodes. It's an interesting topic, but not very well made documentary, imo. It's very slow and repetitive.

I find the motives ascribed to the "kidnappers" to be far-fetched. KGB/Bulgarian plot to get Agca before he could talk...right. Some girl from an obscure family was going to move the Vatican...don't buy it.

And the banking scandal version, again...the girl isn't enough to move that institution. I think the actual reasons would be far more obscure and probably a lot more perverse.
I really enjoyed it. You have to keep watching because it's far more convoluted than it first seems.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I don't know what to believe beyond my belief is that someone in the Vatican knows what happened to this girl.

Which theory do you believe?