Warning watching this short clip could cost you your Teaching Job In Florida.

The Atomic Punk

Factory Bastard
You should read this
It was posted by someone else on here so I can’t take credit for finding it
There is so much to gain by simply sitting back, looking at all the facts pertaining to a situation, and then and perhaps, considering another perspective

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

What they don’t want is to promote more division.

While not a big fan of SPLC, Here is a common sense approach to the subject.

From the NYT……hardly an objective source……look what they have to say about educators failing all along…..who did not learn that the civil was largely due to slavery?

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
You should read this
There is so much to gain by simply sitting back, looking at all the facts pertaining to a situation, and then and perhaps, considering another perspective

From the NYT……hardly an objective source……look what they have to say about educators failing all along…..who did not learn that the civil was largely due to slavery?

HU7OrqQ.jpeg

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
You should read this

Just this week, Nikki Haley failed to address that the civil war was about slavery. Don't pretend that the school board meetings in red states weren't full of parents and politicians decrying how bad discussing slavery in detail can be upsetting to poor white kids.

Aww, their feelings...imagine the feelings of the slave children, and their descendants.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Just this week, Nikki Haley failed to address that the civil war was about slavery. Don't pretend that the school board meetings in red states weren't full of parents and politicians decrying how bad discussing slavery in detail can be upsetting to poor white kids.

Aww, their feelings...imagine the feelings of the slave children, and their descendants.
Thank god we have moral people like Moms For Liberty to keep us safe and wholesome!

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
You should read this
|We should do tht, much like you do?

The Atomic Punk

Factory Bastard

This lack of acknowledging the civil war was with regards to slavery is new to me on some level.

I've had black folk push that the civil war was not fought over slavery........as if whitey didnt care.....as if 360,000 dudes gave their life for nothing. The narrative from these folk is it was exonomic, rather than whites giving a fuck.......Wrong!

Perhaps its a Southern Democratic / Jim Crow thing........lamenting the War of Northern agression that the slavery aspect wih the civil war exists........everyone I know believes that Lincoln led the way with the war to free slaves.

Its not talking / teaching about slavery that is the issue with many...its pinning it on modern day whites that is the issue. Does racism exist.....sure. Do whites do alot for blacks.......Yes! Am I gonna take responsibility for shit I did not do? GTFO! Am I gonna act decent toward my brother from another mother.....you bet!

Lets discuss the history of slavery going way, way, way back.......You ready?

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Also contributing to the shortage, Spar says, are newly passed laws like the Parental Rights in Education Bill and the Stop WOKE Act which forced the Florida Board of Education to approve a revised Black history curriculum. As Spar explains it can make it difficult to discuss current events in say social studies.

MORE:
??

"Teachers are saying, look, I don't even know if I can talk about a shooting that happened in Jacksonville and how it was race related or the fact that we have people who are neo-Nazis in Orlando. We don't know if we can talk about those things without running afoul of the law and yet those are important issues that students see on the news or see on social media and really want to discuss," Spar said.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
This lack of acknowledging the civil war was with regards to slavery is new to me on some level.

I've had black folk push that the civil war was not fought over slavery........as if whitey didnt care.....as if 360,000 dudes gave their life for nothing. The narrative from these folk is it was exonomic, rather than whites giving a fuck.......Wrong!

Perhaps its a Southern Democratic / Jim Crow thing........lamenting the War of Northern agression that the slavery aspect wih the civil war exists........everyone I know believes that Lincoln led the way with the war to free slaves.

Its not talking / teaching about slavery that is the issue with many...its pinning it on modern day whites that is the issue. Does racism exist.....sure. Do whites do alot for blacks.......Yes! Am I gonna take responsibility for shit I did not do? GTFO! Am I gonna act decent toward my brother from another mother.....you bet!

Lets discuss the history of slavery going way, way, way back.......You ready?

Where have you had black folk push that the Civil War was not fought over slavery?

Was it this guy named Clayton Bigsby?