What do you drive?

Mr. 5050

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Leon TFSI 2.0 turbo... Semi track everything and a petrol station that sells 99 octane in every direction from my house within 2 miles... Like a giant go-kart and will pull past 155mph...

n7St524.jpg

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
BTW I am looking to sell the 1968 Chevrolet Corvair if anyone is interested. I can throw in the replacement rear end (engine e, transmission, etc...) and possibly some replacement interior parts. If not, no biggie, I will pitch it to some of the Corvair club members.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
BTW I am looking to sell the 1968 Chevrolet Corvair if anyone is interested. I can throw in the replacement rear end (engine e, transmission, etc...) and possibly some replacement interior parts. If not, no biggie, I will pitch it to some of the Corvair club members.

What state you in?

I prolly wont see the old guy til next week, but if you aint far, he might be interested. Shit, thats right, didnt you say you were on the Left Coast lol?

Someone in the Corvair Club will prolly hop on that quick.

Gutterballs

Banned
Banned
I got a Lord of the Rings theme going on. Back of my Jeep....
Awesome man. Out of the ones I mentioned I owed my Jeep was the best. So many road travels east or west usually with a few good friends or my first girlfriend. We got lost so often either way lmao but we always found our way without a map. Don't ask how we just did. We took once in 2003 on just a two week trip ended up a 32 day adventure. Some of the worst weather, some of the best. Lots of singing to keep us awake on the backroads and weird folk we run into. Best fishing ever and ate it most of the time. All night bonfires for almost a week. Fucking foxes and bears even popped in to say Hello. I just wanna cry and have those days back man. Thanks for the memories @Blazor even though I ain't much of the sentimental type but your jeep reminded me of a lot just now. Now I don't wanna get fucked by your Jeep but I ran into a lot of types like in the movie "Delievrance" if you feel me...:) just no banjos but they did like....well I won't say on here. Just some folk in life in the wilderness are pretty peculiar about things:)

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Awesome man. Out of the ones I mentioned I owed my Jeep was the best. So many road travels east or west usually with a few good friends or my first girlfriend. We got lost so often either way lmao but we always found our way without a map. Don't ask how we just did. We took once in 2003 on just a two week trip ended up a 32 day adventure. Some of the worst weather, some of the best. Lots of singing to keep us awake on the backroads and weird folk we run into. Best fishing ever and ate it most of the time. All night bonfires for almost a week. Fucking foxes and bears even popped in to say Hello. I just wanna cry and have those days back man. Thanks for the memories @Blazor even though I ain't much of the sentimental type but your jeep reminded me of a lot just now. Now I don't wanna get fucked by your Jeep but I ran into a lot of types like in the movie "Delievrance" if you feel me...:) just no banjos but they did like....well I won't say on here. Just some folk in life in the wilderness are pretty peculiar about things:)

Lol hell yeah man! I feel ya! But not "feel ya" feel ya, ya know? Sounds awesome.

Gutterballs

Banned
Banned

Tire-Cover.jpg

Lol hell yeah man! I feel ya! But not "feel ya" feel ya, ya know? Sounds awesome.
Oh jesus. No making squeal like a Pig again:) Oops that was that Ned Beatty fella in the movie.. Honest:) I feel ya without totally feelin ya up Dawg. We ended up at a lodge once about half way through the trip(we stayed 3 and a half days)run by a northern version of the family in Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre(No Leatherface but one was so heavily scared up in the face.) it scared most of us shitless but it was constantly raining at the time and we were all over the backroads. They really were the "Sawyers" from TCM though i'd go for a piss in the middle of the night.. flush and get out of the bathroom half naked and there was one of them. my girlfriend be showering she swore on her life she was being watched but couldn't see anyone...no holes in the wall. one good friend was trying to see if a RV parked on the lot ran. He ran into a few bums...not even the weird ass owners knew who they were. freaked us all out but we found a good wine supply and owners didn't care if we took. it was like they never had any guests ever. Creepy but cool the more we drank the more we laughed at the creepy stuff. Last night there was truly scary though and no one believed us what we saw...It was so beyond anything we had ever experienced. I wish I had saved pics from that time...seriously I wouldn't say haunted but the owners were truly twisted. No killings up close but a lot of assaults, maybe even rapes...thats what 3 out of the 5 of us said i didn't see that but driving away about 4-5 a.m. from there give me the absolute chills and i really got heavily into the paranormal after that. just out of curiosity...and some intrigue. 2 of those friends were never the same again. major psychological issues even a suicide for one.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Tire-Cover.jpg

Oh jesus. No making squeal like a Pig again:) Oops that was that Ned Beatty fella in the movie.. Honest:) I feel ya without totally feelin ya up Dawg. We ended up at a lodge once about half way through the trip(we stayed 3 and a half days)run by a northern version of the family in Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre(No Leatherface but one was so heavily scared up in the face.) it scared most of us shitless but it was constantly raining at the time and we were all over the backroads. They really were the "Sawyers" from TCM though i'd go for a piss in the middle of the night.. flush and get out of the bathroom half naked and there was one of them. my girlfriend be showering she swore on her life she was being watched but couldn't see anyone...no holes in the wall. one good friend was trying to see if a RV parked on the lot ran. He ran into a few bums...not even the weird ass owners knew who they were. freaked us all out but we found a good wine supply and owners didn't care if we took. it was like they never had any guests ever. Creepy but cool the more we drank the more we laughed at the creepy stuff. Last night there was truly scary though and no one believed us what we saw...It was so beyond anything we had ever experienced. I wish I had saved pics from that time...seriously I wouldn't say haunted but the owners were truly twisted. No killings up close but a lot of assaults, maybe even rapes...thats what 3 out of the 5 of us said i didn't see that but driving away about 4-5 a.m. from there give me the absolute chills and i really got heavily into the paranormal after that. just out of curiosity...and some intrigue. 2 of those friends were never the same again. major psychological issues even a suicide for one.

Crazy man! Still sounds like an adventure lol.

No squeals, but I do love some banjos lol.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I am mostly just hoping to find someone who will give it some TLC and maybe get her back on the road.

It will have to be someone who loves Corvair's and doesn't mind putting 100 k into something worth maybe 25K on a good day! Your best bet is a Corvair club or >>>
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
<<< Good Luck

Now, it can be gotten run in for less than $5k. My dad wanted to do a complete Yanko Stinger look alike with the 3L motor build and even that was only estimated at $30k. Even the 1967 has cost less than $8k so far which included taking it down to bare metal, removing the engine and transmission, getting it painted, putting the rebut engine and transmission back in it, and now installing new interior parts.

I will still be putting it in Hemming and at a few of the Corvair clubs. I just wanted you to know your $100k estimate was very far off.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
When my dad died he had 1985 AMC Jeep Comanche which originally came with a Renault turbo diesel engine as Renault owned AMC at the time. We converted it over to a 2001 VW TDI motor (it cost around $10k to get it all professionally done) as the VW turbo diesel engines are actually pretty good while Renault always built crap. I gave the old Comanche to my oldest nephew as he always really liked Jeeps but, naturally, the 22 year old overheated it and warped the head with in one month of getting his hands on it.

Kids. What can you do?

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I drive a rusty 2010 GMC Sierra p/u truck..The door handle has broken off from the inside, which means I have to roll down my windows to get out lol... The back windows don't always roll up either.. lmao!! Not good when it's raining outside :D

I also have a 2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic.. worth more than my truck :facepalm:

OP
OP

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter
In 2016 we bought a new Chev Cruz. It was a nice looking little car and the 1.4L Turbo impressed me how snappy it was but..

The car was a piece of junk. Evert time I would drive it in blowing snow the air intake would suck up moisture. Then the check engine light would come on causing a loss of power and fuel mileage. Six times in the winter of 2017/2018 we had to take it in to have the air intake cleaned/dried out and engine check reset.
Fuck all that BS so we traded it in on a new Ford F150..

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
This is why I buy Toyotas and no longer buy modern American or European cars. I made the mistake of buying a BMW when I was in my 20's and never again. They lose value like the pieces of shit they are and after the warranty ends they need tens of thousands of dollars in repairs. Just garbage.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
This is why I buy Toyotas and no longer buy modern American or European cars. I made the mistake of buying a BMW when I was in my 20's and never again. They lose value like the pieces of shit they are and after the warranty ends they need tens of thousands of dollars in repairs. Just garbage.

Same goes with Lexus and Accura... every line has a lifetime mark up.

Best to go basic and freely available wrecks/parts.

My Legend shat the bed after it turned 7 years old. Never again....

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
all time favorite ride. The bitch hated me tho. Put 3 engines in that thing. Spend lots of time pondering my next move in that thing.