What do you drive?

OP
OP

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter
2018 Jeep Cherokee
2016 Nissan Sentra

My daughter in law had a 2014 Jeep Cherokee. One day she was waiting at a red light and a fucking Cop rear ended her. She wasn't really hurt other than shook up and sore muscles for a few days but the Jeep was a write off.

Oh yeah the cop was charged with distracted driving as he admitted he was using his laptop at the time of the crash.. Boneheaded cop.

Gutterballs

Banned
Banned
Currently? I'm not allowed to be on the roads...thats all I will say:)
Past? ~ 1998 Honda Accord EX 2 dr Coup. Got it off a buddy for more/less than a thousand something like that. Got in early 2000 had it a few years. It was eventually hit by a garage truck it was properly parked and the driver to the garage truck had no time to react quick enough. Painful memories right there...
2001 Jeep Cherokee ~ in 2004 it was mine but one of my brothers put in some money too so he would be able to get to work every day. he would drop me off at work first. i'd get a ride from somebody from work to get home. we did that for 2 years than i had it on my own for almost a year. It was in a crash but I WASN'T DRIVING. so more painful memories
Owned a 2000 Honda Civic in 2008-2010 fucking thing was in rough shape from the get go but got me from home to work shit like that so it was useful. last few months every wrong seem to happen with it and was just a headache. too much money down the drain. More pain and just heartache.
For about 4 years I was borrowing/rent this, that...kind of car. Through family or rentals. I won't type anything more...just I am not allowed on the roads. I believe this is for the best for all and myself. Don't miss the roads much. The road trips kinda. Life goes on.

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
This is me just finishing a detail on one of my whips.

NZ-LCBv-SpOOB4LQv2J_zA.jpg

Jake

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Drivers: 2000 Mazda B pickup (like a Ranger) with homebuilt flatbed and 2016 Audi S6, here in the garage
Offsite: half a dozen collector items including a 1967 Corvair (yes, I'm car poor and also guitar poor and gun poor.)
@Oerdin what color is your Corvair? Mine's a repaint of the original Royal Purple, looks like an eggplant with a bit of chrome.

2019 Camry
2015 Tacoma
1967 Corvair

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Repainted a burgundy red which, apparently, originally came on a 2001 Camry. The shop had some left over so they gave me a deal on the paint job. My sister has a 1969 convertible with 32,000 origin miles on it. I also have a 1968 which is sitting on a lot and needs a complete rebuild though I do have a rebuilt rear end in my garage.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
2018 Jeep Cherokee
2016 Nissan Sentra

My daughter in law had a 2014 Jeep Cherokee. One day she was waiting at a red light and a fucking Cop rear ended her. She wasn't really hurt other than shook up and sore muscles for a few days but the Jeep was a write off.

Oh yeah the cop was charged with distracted driving as he admitted he was using his laptop at the time of the crash.. Boneheaded cop.

My mother's parked car was totaled by the San Jose PD when they were chasing someone. The city refused to pay any sort of damages to her.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
2019 Camry
2015 Tacoma
1967 Corvair

Man, you got all the good'ns. lol. My son had a Camry. Cant go wrong with a Toyota truck either, they last.

Cool on the Corvair!!! Old guy I work with has one, a '66 I think. Hes not in today and its snowing out, but if I get the chance I'll take a pic of the good one, he has 2.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Drivers: 2000 Mazda B pickup (like a Ranger) with homebuilt flatbed and 2016 Audi S6, here in the garage
Offsite: half a dozen collector items including a 1967 Corvair (yes, I'm car poor and also guitar poor and gun poor.)
@Oerdin what color is your Corvair? Mine's a repaint of the original Royal Purple, looks like an eggplant with a bit of chrome.

2019 Camry
2015 Tacoma
1967 Corvair

Oh shit! You got one too!?

Dude's here at work is like a Royal Blue.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
2019 Camry
2015 Tacoma
1967 Corvair

Man, you got all the good'ns. lol. My son had a Camry. Cant go wrong with a Toyota truck either, they last.

Cool on the Corvair!!! Old guy I work with has one, a '66 I think. Hes not in today and its snowing out, but if I get the chance I'll take a pic of the good one, he has 2.

My father was super into Corvairs and had been since the 1960's. We're talking in Corvair clubs and always owned several Corvairs for the last 50 years or so. He was really looking forward to the national Corvair Convention coming to San Diego last summer, he'd been working on set that up for over a decade, but he passed away last May. Also the convention got delayed a year because of Covid. Currently I am trying to restore the 1967.

Here is a pick of it in the driveway this morning.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

My dad and I had the seats redone with new covers we got from Clark's Corvair parts. They are reproductions of the factory original specs.

Here is the spare rear end (engine, transmission, axle, etc...) which was destined for the 1968 rebuild that I may never get around to doing. I am still busy doing the 1967.

Shelves full of various extra Corvair parts in the garage.

A second spare flat six engine because you can never have too many.

Boxes of interior parts for the 1967 from Clark's Corvair Parts.

Last edited:

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
2019 Camry
2015 Tacoma
1967 Corvair

My father was super into Corvairs and had been since the 1960's. We're talking in Corvair clubs and always owned several Corvairs for the last 50 years or so. He was really looking forward to the national Corvair Convention coming to San Diego last summer, he'd been working on set that up for over a decade, but he passed away last May. Also the convention got delayed a year because of Covid. Currently I am trying to restore the 1967.

Here is a pick of it in the driveway this morning.

My dad and I had the seats redone with new covers we got from Clark's Corvair parts. They are reproductions of the factory original specs.

Here is the spare rear end (engine, transmission, axle, etc...) which was destined for the 1968 rebuild that I may never get around to doing. I am still busy doing the 1967.

Shelves full of various extra Corvair parts in the garage.

A second spare flat six engine because you can never have too many.

Boxes of interior parts for the 1967 from Clark's Corvair Parts.

Looks beautiful!

Oh man, hate to hear that about your Dad. That sucks.

Man, looks like the old guy's stuff here lol. LOT of parts and stuff. He gets his stuff from Clark's Corvair too. Yeah he had been prepping his Corvair for a show over here this year, but it got canceled too.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Thing about a Corvair, most folks dont know the engine is in the trunk lol.

OP
OP

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter
Thing about a Corvair, most folks dont know the engine is in the trunk lol.

Yeah My older brother had one 67 I think and one night after being out he got pulled over by the cops..

Cop asked him why he was weaving and he said the fucking car didn't handle well in a crosswind because the engine was in the back.. Dumb cop let him off even tho he had been drinking. :rightON: :rightON:

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I found some pictures of the 1968 Corvair which I keep out in a storage lot in Lakeside. It is badly in need of a complete restoration as it hasn't run in years.

Gonna be some work! Im sure it'll look nice when done though.

I just remembered I had an old pic of the guy's Corvair, the good one, just a front view of it though....

corvair.jpg

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
One of the tricks to prevent over steer is to slightly under inflate the front tires.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I found some pictures of the 1968 Corvair which I keep out in a storage lot in Lakeside. It is badly in need of a complete restoration as it hasn't run in years.

I just remembered I had an old pic of the guy's Corvair, the good one, just a front view of it though....

corvair.jpg
That is a stand out color!

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

corvair.jpg
That is a stand out color!

He gets heads turnin' lol.

OP
OP

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter
My work truck a 2012 F150.. One time when I was cutting campfire wood I found what looked like the Playboy bunny inside a log. Later a guy told me that I should have cut a thin sliver off the log and send it to Playboy. He said they probably would love to have it and maybe they would post a pic of it in the mag... Ooops to late I burned it.:SadFace: