What do you drive?

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
My missus drives a Subaru sti performance similar to this...she hates me driving it!

images

Hahaha. Thats my son's dream car he wants.
My missus drives me around in it going under the speed limit. It makes me want to cry! :frown:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I drive a 2004 Dodge Caravan.

I'm kinda ready to retire that for some sort of pick up truck.

OP
OP

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter
This is why I buy Toyotas and no longer buy modern American or European cars. I made the mistake of buying a BMW when I was in my 20's and never again. They lose value like the pieces of shit they are and after the warranty ends they need tens of thousands of dollars in repairs. Just garbage.

I did a lot of hunting/four wheeling back in the day and the best bush truck I ever had was a 1981 Toyota 4X4. It had the 22R engine which put out 96hp If I remember correctly. Slapped on some knobby tires and an 8000lbs Warn winch and away we went. Hauled a lot of game out of the bush with that little truck. Pulled out a lot of stuck full size trucks too. Some I had to chain my backend to a tree and use a snatch block on the winch line but we always did the job.
This is not my pic but my truck was identical to this one.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
This is why I buy Toyotas and no longer buy modern American or European cars. I made the mistake of buying a BMW when I was in my 20's and never again. They lose value like the pieces of shit they are and after the warranty ends they need tens of thousands of dollars in repairs. Just garbage.

I did a lot of hunting/four wheeling back in the day and the best bush truck I ever had was a 1981 Toyota 4X4. It had the 22R engine which put out 96hp If I remember correctly. Slapped on some knobby tires and an 8000lbs Warn winch and away we went. Hauled a lot of game out of the bush with that little truck. Pulled out a lot of stuck full size trucks too. Some I had to chain my backend to a tree and use a snatch block on the winch line but we always did the job.

1981-toyota-pickup-sr5-hilux-4x4-1-owner-1.jpg

Funny that 96 hp sounds almost pathetic for a truck that size.

OP
OP

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter

Funny that 96 hp sounds almost pathetic for a truck that size.

Yes it does but the truck only weighed 2700lbs and with a four speed transmission it wasn't to bad but it was no speed demon for sure.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Hell yeah! Those are damn good trucks! My son been trying to buy his friend's father's truck like that for several years lol. Guy wont part with it, dont blame him.

Reactions: Ice

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️

Hell yeah! Those are damn good trucks! My son been trying to buy his friend's father's truck like that for several years lol. Guy wont part with it, dont blame him.
We have some old trucks like that here too, some date back 50 years and it's worth getting them fixed and running

My cousin is a Farmer and he has a Willy's from the late 60's, fucker is sturdy as hell and cheap to maintain and fix

He says nothing else would stand the stuff he does for so long and not cost a fortune to keep running

I had a video of him coming down a very slippery slope on a 12 ft wide dirt road in his property, truck loaded with boxes of tomatoes, he steers the fucker down it like a pro, avoiding an embankment on one side. No traction control, just good ol' 4x4

7RTQimL.jpg

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
I've got a BMW, Audi and an Acura which I gave to my son.

a Ford 150 for shits and giggles and a mazda 6 just to drive into the ground.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Toyota is the only type to own here. Especially a Hilux. Super basic design. Still making them. Parts easy to come by. Reliable

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Toyota is the only type to own here. Especially a Hilux. Super basic design. Still making them. Parts easy to come by. Reliable

Not great power, payload, or leg room in the dual cabs. Toyota really dropped their game in the last decade.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I've got a BMW, Audi and an Acura which I gave to my son.

a Ford 150 for shits and giggles and a mazda 6 just to drive into the ground.

Cool you changed your name. Iron Monkey was starting to proceed you. Amigo you told that story 2 years ago. It’s the same lie now as it was then.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Thing about a Corvair, most folks dont know the engine is in the trunk lol.

I had a pizza guy get wowed by that two months ago. He kept asking if the car was a corvette and I kept saying "No, it's a Corvair" and he asked what the difference was so I popped the rear engine compartment to show him.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Honda Accord 2016 - day to day
2003 z71 Suburban - travelling vehicle, so roomy and extremely comfortable

Do you have the 6 or the 4 in the Honda? I hear the fours are actually the more reliable of the two at least according to Scotty Kilmer on youtube.