What items have you noticed have gone up by 20% or more?

Marvin

Factory Bastard
Pretty much everything. Its depressing on the food end the way its going I might to give up on steak and bacon. Love them to death but its getting harder and harder to them. Its almost not even worth it anymore. The price of them I can get a lot smaller stuff I want/need around the home or in the fridge.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
If your in UK. @Marvin

Sainsburys do this budget brand of bacon of cuts for £1. Its a bit lucky dip as you may get rashers or chops of bacon, if rashers then its enough for 5 GOOD bacon sandwiches, about $1.20 in Yankee land.

If you can spot good bargains and know how to cook from scratch life is a lot easier, even though as someone who has always sniffed out value its getting harder to find bargains.

I feel sorry for these dumbass single mothers who cant cook from scratch or know how to value money, Life for them must be dire. and in the same countries we have multi-billionaires employing cheap labour and building themselves penis shaped space craft.

Last edited:

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
EVERY THING THANKS TO GOD DAM JOE BIDEN!!!
Well, let's see. Since May 2020 (guess who was in the WH then) energy costs have all risen, but in the past 2 years they have all gone down by more than 20% (guess who's been in the WH the past 2 years).
Now um, if I recall, Things were doing fine under the Obama administration, but then came Trump's mishandling of the Covid pandemic which started the downward spiral we are still digging out of. Now um, when things started to level as they did in December 2021 (after our oil companies dragged their feet getting refineries back on line after shutting them down while turning windfall profits), the ill effects of Trump's efforts to cripple the NATO alliance came to fruition as his butt-buddy Putin invaded Ukraine setting off another round of increased oil prices - all of which drives inflation. Not to mention the Covid induce supply-chain bottlenecks. I mean, why didn't Trump dooo something?

Weeg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Well, let's see. Since May 2020 (guess who was in the WH then) energy costs have all risen, but in the past 2 years they have all gone down by more than 20% (guess who's been in the WH the past 2 years).
Now um, if I recall, Things were doing fine under the Obama administration, but then came Trump's mishandling of the Covid pandemic which started the downward spiral we are still digging out of. Now um, when things started to level as they did in December 2021 (after our oil companies dragged their feet getting refineries back on line after shutting them down while turning windfall profits), the ill effects of Trump's efforts to cripple the NATO alliance came to fruition as his butt-buddy Putin invaded Ukraine setting off another round of increased oil prices - all of which drives inflation. Not to mention the Covid induce supply-chain bottlenecks. I mean, why didn't Trump dooo something?
yoo are wrong.
How much have energy prices increased in the US?

In 2022, the average U.S. residential retail electricity price was 15.12 cents/kWh, an 11% increase from 13.66 cents/kWh in 2021.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
At least when you digbat you make no pretense of not being a dingbat. I respect that.
.. btw - when Trump becomes dicktater, people who look like you will be executed in gas chambers.

All down in the last year, pedrosky.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
At least when you digbat you make no pretense of not being a dingbat. I respect that.
.. btw - when Trump becomes dicktater, people who look like you will be executed in gas chambers.

All down in the last year, pedrosky.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

To be on the up and up here. The chart with monthly kwh/$ does show a 20% increase in electricity rates if you compare Nov 2019 and Nov 23 you get a difference of about 22%.

But you're correct that the current trend is that rates are going downward.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
To be on the up and up here. The chart with monthly kwh/$ does show a 20% increase in electricity rates if you compare Nov 2019 and Nov 23 you get a difference of about 22%.

But you're correct that the current trend is that rates are going downward.
Everything went up, but electric came down more slowly since it follows rather than leads energy costs. Plants and battery building depended on oil/gas supply/prices and battery tech inflates prices. The causes for the large increases however were the same as previously stated - Trump! Trump! TRUMP! Trump!

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Everything went up, but electric came down more slowly since it follows rather than leads energy costs. Plants and battery building depended on oil/gas supply/prices and battery tech inflates prices. The causes for the large increases however were the same as previously stated - Trump! Trump! TRUMP! Trump!

Yes, this can be blamed on how badly the Trump administration handled the pandemic. And stupid Americans and their "freedumb".

If we had actually all closed down the country, at the same time, for a couple of months, the pandemic shutdown would have worked.

But no, freeDUMB rules. Stupid states did stupid things...

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Yes, this can be blamed on how badly the Trump administration handled the pandemic. And stupid Americans and their "freedumb".

If we had actually all closed down the country, at the same time, for a couple of months, the pandemic shutdown would have worked.

But no, freeDUMB rules. Stupid states did stupid things...
Absolutely - by the original measures available, 6 weeks would have done it + no one in or out, not just certain countries, not including the UK which was where Covid actually entered from. YAAAAY! Trump and his stupid policy.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
In Brazoo, besides inflation, now, we have "reduflation".

They cut the product's weight down by 10%, but keep the price the same

A few months later, they increase the prices too.

Our government has quietly kept that down.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
In Brazoo, besides inflation, now, we have "reduflation".

They cut the product's weight down by 10%, but keep the price the same

A few months later, they increase the prices too.

Our government has quietly kept that down.
This has been going on for a long while. A decade? Probably more like a decade and a half. Here's a story about Nathan's hot dogs.

I liked Nathan's hot dogs. I would buy them when they went on sale at a good price. Problem was ... I also hated Nathan's hot dogs. They were a specialty brand and pricey when they weren't on sale, so nobody bought them. They were always going out of date. I'm in an area where there are a lot of regional hot dogs available and that's what people buy, depending on the price and/or their preference of brands.

12 packs of hot dogs per case and we'd still have that shit going out of date. THEN, they reduced the pack size to 14 oz BUT shipped cases of 16 to maintain the weight/poundage. That's just more product going out of date and I hate that shit. I'm the meatman and I notice these things.