What items have you noticed have gone up by 20% or more?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
And now I am going to eat dinner, walk my dog, then go to the same buddy's house and watch The Leafs' game with my wife and my buddy and his wife and his son and probably his son's girlfriend. I expect that we will share a lot of laughs and have a great time. Even if The Leafs lose.

Well I'm a hopin' & a prayin' fer the Leafs tonite @The Prowler!

Maybe Johnny Bower's ghost'll come back tonight & backstop them to victory 1 final time. ;-)

Last edited:

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Such doom and gloom. The important thing is deciding who to blame. Mericans Thrive on blame.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
I use to look down my nose at shoplifters and think they're scum, but thw way things are going, I've started to sympathise with them.

Our councils have recently paid out a one off sum of £150 to 95% of households in the country to help out with the soaring cost of living. I received my payment this morning.

Put it this way, it just shows how bad things must be, never in my life have I seen the government in this country hand over that much free money to people.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I use to look down my nose at shoplifters and think they're scum, but thw way things are going, I've started to sympathise with them.

Our councils have recently paid out a one off sum of £150 to 95% of households in the country to help out with the soaring cost of living. I received my payment this morning.

Put it this way, it just shows how bad things must be, never in my life have I seen the government in this country hand over that much free money to people.

The Australian government have been doing that shit for well over a year.....but since we're not working and not on the dole, these payments miss us....

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
....Roses...have also become more expensive.

I bought some for my mom yesterday & where I used to pay $5, now they're $9.

Thing is...they're kinda essential

Anytime it's someone important in yer life it's accompanied by the obligatory bouquet of flowers.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My honey normally goes up .50 cent to a dollar each year. This year..... FOUR dollar increase!!!

I bought 8 pounds of honey last week and I got it for a good price because I'm friendly with the beekeeper.

Shes really struggling right now :/ she had to raise the price of her honey a few dollars.

We got a Lotta local honey makers here cuz of the mild West Coast climate @Dove. We always seem ta have a lotta bees buzzin around. So seems the bees produce it all year round. They even have hives in the inner part of the city. I guess these urban beekeepers just harvest it in their backyards, eh? Nice cottage industry takin advantage of mother nature.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
My honey normally goes up .50 cent to a dollar each year. This year..... FOUR dollar increase!!!

I bought 8 pounds of honey last week and I got it for a good price because I'm friendly with the beekeeper.

Shes really struggling right now :/ she had to raise the price of her honey a few dollars.

We got a Lotta local honey makers here cuz of the mild West Coast climate @Dove. We always seem ta have a lotta bees buzzin around. So seems the bees produce it all year round. They even have hives in the inner part of the city. I guess these urban beekeepers just harvest it in their backyards, eh? Nice cottage industry takin advantage of mother nature.

This lady gets enough honey to sell all year. But yeah you cant harvest during the winter, obviously.

I met her because she was here at this camp ground removing a hive to take back to her place. I've always wanted to keep bees.....more so because I love bees. Not so much I want to make money off them....that's just a side perk lol

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

This lady gets enough honey to sell all year. But yeah you cant harvest during the winter, obviously.

I met her because she was here at this camp ground removing a hive to take back to her place. I've always wanted to keep bees.....more so because I love bees. Not so much I want to make money off them....that's just a side perk lol

Yeah, I seez the bees a buzzing all the time in the nearby park.
Like hummingbirds, they seem to recognize color and gravitate to the brightest or most colorful flowers

Like most people, I just leave 'em alone & let 'em do their work.

I suppose it could be a lucrative business & you don't even have ta do any of the work.

the Bees do it all for you.
Ya literally make money in yer sleep.
Busy as a Bee as they say.

I suppose the only thing is ya can't be allergic to bees or mind being stung once in a while.

I think I was stung once by a bee. I was just a little child.
Maybe I was 2 or 3? In my parents' backyard.

I remember this thing looked attractive, it was orange and yellow like marmalade or a marble. I didn't know any better.

So I picked it up and I felt a slight pain in my finger.
It felt like somebody pinched me in the finger.
It didn't hurt that much, but I remember feeling a bit of pain.
I didn't cry though.
And I think the bee fell of my finger into the grass and died shortly afterwards.

It's one of the earliest memories I have in this life.

I heard bees can only sting once and then they die.
Whatever the case, a bee sting felt a lot less painful than a wasp or hornet sting - which I've experienced as well.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Anyways, I went over ta see my mother and that's why I bought the flowers and noticed they'd increased in price. Her brother/my uncle just passed away. So I thought it might offer some consolation. He was 94. She's 91 but shows little signs of slowing down. She can get around without a walker or a cane. Goes to the gym every day.

At this rate, I think she could live to be at least 100. She is healthier than my uncle was and he passed away that old. Born in 1927 eh. He was a good uncle.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I wonder how much this set up costs. I like that flow hive has an easy harvest system so you can rob your bees of their honey without them even knowing about it.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I wonder how much this set up costs. I like that flow hive has an easy harvest system so you can rob your bees of their honey without them even knowing about it.

I'm fucking SOLD lol

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Our meat department sales are down .3% from last year, so pretty much the same. Number of items purchased is down 14%! Inflation.

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
WTF is going on with Tim Horton's coffee prices? I normally stop before work and get a cup of coffee.. Last week I was paying around a 1.90 for a small coffee, which I thought was ridiculous. I stopped yesterday and it was 2.65 !!!!!!! Screw that.. I will just cut that out of my routine..

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
WTF is going on with Tim Horton's coffee prices? I normally stop before work and get a cup of coffee.. Last week I was paying around a 1.90 for a small coffee, which I thought was ridiculous. I stopped yesterday and it was 2.65 !!!!!!! Screw that.. I will just cut that out of my routine..
It's the PUTIN price hike

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Seriously, even in high price California 7-11 has good high quality large coffee for $1. Why over pay? If you make your own it is around $0.10.

Personally, I prefer tea.