What items have you noticed have gone up by 20% or more?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
So while shopping to make my magnificent homemade lasagna the other day I notice that both cheese and ground beef have gone up by around 30%

30%

unbelievable

post your observations on inflation numbers here.

This is what happens when you inundate the economy with a bunch of freshly printed billions during a global pandemic… the real estate market is gonna tank. Mark my words.

congratulations… Florida is now the most expensive state in the nation

And remember Biden and the Democrats were mad because they wanted to print $3-$4 trillion more but Manchin stopped them. Now, Biden is lying and pretending he always cared so much about reducing the deficit.

These politicians rely upon their followers being stupid.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
So while shopping to make my magnificent homemade lasagna the other day I notice that both cheese and ground beef have gone up by around 30%

30%

unbelievable

post your observations on inflation numbers here.

This is what happens when you inundate the economy with a bunch of freshly printed billions during a global pandemic… the real estate market is gonna tank. Mark my words.

congratulations… Florida is now the most expensive state in the nation

And remember Biden and the Democrats were mad because they wanted to print $3-$4 trillion more but Manchin stopped them. Now, Biden is lying and pretending he always cared so much about reducing the deficit.

These politicians rely upon their followers being stupid.

I really hope we get an independent in office, but I doubt we will see that in our lifetime.

We are cutting way way back with our spending. This is gonna get UGLY.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Actually, inflation is just going to get worse especially when it comes to food. I am building up a three months supply stockpile of long lasting foods and building a garden. I am still trying to find out if my city and HOA will allow me to have chickens for fresh eggs.

Better to buy now then when prices go up another 30%.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Cup of coffee/espresso/Americano.

Used to go down the local 7/11 & it used to be $1-1.50 Canadian for a small cup.

Now it's $2.50 almost as much as the coffee shops.

At this rate may as well bring out the coffee grinder espresso maker and make my own.

Yeah coffee esp the fine stuff seems to have gone up quite a bit. It's like 100% increase over 1-2 years ago.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I don't buy made coffee anymore. If I can't wait till home, I'll boil water on the road.

Admin.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
Site Supporter ☠️
280286906_540881470738638_6611168789311426840_n.jpg

"I blame Joe Biden!" Average Trumptard

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Actually, inflation is just going to get worse especially when it comes to food. I am building up a three months supply stockpile of long lasting foods and building a garden. I am still trying to find out if my city and HOA will allow me to have chickens for fresh eggs.

Current inflation compared to the 1970s:

may22-cpi-overall-promo-1652273720958-threeByTwoSmallAt2X.png

If 1970s are any indicArion we probably have at least 10 more years of this.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

This graph doesnt seem right. I know for a FACT that inflation got crazy in 2008 when gas hit high. That 8.3% seems off too, cause I know a lot of things have gone up 10-20% easy, some stuff as much as 300%.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

This graph doesnt seem right. I know for a FACT that inflation got crazy in 2008 when gas hit high. That 8.3% seems off too, cause I know a lot of things have gone up 10-20% easy, some stuff as much as 300%.

What it points to tho is stagflation @Blazor.

Prices will most likely increase even more.

70's repeat.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

70's repeat.

Oh I know they gonna increase more. This shit gonna be WAY worse than 2008 was.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

70's repeat.

2008 was deflationary as that graph shows. It was more like the 1930s.

Now we have the opposite scenario. Inflation.

Gone from one extreme to the next.

But if the 1920s and 1970s are any indication there will be a huge crash coming by 2030.

So stock up ifya can while you can.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

70's repeat.

But if the 1920s and 1970s are any indication there will be a huge crash coming by 2030.

Prolly happen before 2030.

All part of THEIR plan.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

70's repeat.

Prolly happen before 2030.

All part of THEIR plan.

Other thing that's a noticeable is they are printing way more money than whats available in the actual supply. So of course that leads to economic instability.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Remember, they have vastly changed how things are calculated in order for inflation to appear smaller so that politicians look better. Calculated the same way we did back in the 1970's inflation is currently much higher and getting worse. Whole sale prices were up an average of 11% just in april.

• Interesting
Reactions: Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Remember, they have vastly changed how things are calculated in order for inflation to appear smaller so that politicians look better. Calculated the same way we did back in the 1970's inflation is currently much higher and getting worse. Whole sale prices were up an average of 11% just in april.

But I think you could almost superimpose a graph from the 1970s onto one for the 2020s and it would be eerily similar.

ie - the Afghan War that ended was like Vietnam in the 70s.
Similar drag on the American economy.

Then we have the invasion of Ukraine which rocked Europe with an oil shock very smilarl to the 1973 Yom Kippur War with Israel and the Arab League.

Russia has kinda pulled the same stunt as the OPEC oil embargo did 49 years ago.
So in a way - we're sort of at the '1973 stage already'...one year ahead of schedule.

If I recall , 1974-75 were kinda shitty for the US, then there was the end of the Vietnam War. There was a double dip recession around that time as well. Which may point to a recession in the USA and the West in the near future, perhaps the next year or 2.

Stock Market went sideways, but it was a poor market for the remainder of that decade.
But commodities soared. Just like they are now.
soil stuff like oil, metal, coffee, certain foods are soaring in price.\

Thee was double digit inflation and double digit interest rates.
But things like savings bonds and treasuries had high yields.

Real Estate too. But I suspect just like in the 1970s, that will become over leveraged, foreclosures will become common again and more people will walk away from the mortgages selling them to somebody who's willing to buy them up for $1.

That's what I remember happened.

1979 was the peak of that decade, and it went steadily downhill till a recession arrived in 1981 and the much of the 80s was rather grim economically.

Joe Biden is like the Jimmy Carter of our time.

all probability 1 term President who comes into office at a challenging time.
However unlike Carter, in Biden's case I think there is a good chance , that he will notrun again for a 2nd term.

Last edited:

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

But I think you could almost superimpose a graph from the 1970s onto one for the 2020s and it would be eerily similar.

Then we have the invasion of Ukraine which rocked Europe with an oil shock very smilarl to the 1973 Yom Kippur War with Israel and the Arab League.

Russia has kinda pulled the same stunt as the OPEC oil embargo did 49 years ago.
So in a way - we're sort of at the '1973 stage already'...one year ahead of schedule.

If I recall , 1974-75 were kinda shitty for the US, then there was the end of the Vietnam War. There was a double dip recession around that time as well. Which may point to a recession in the USA and the West in the near future, perhaps the next year or 2.

Stock Market went sideways, but it was a poor market for the remainder of that decade.

Real Estate too. But I suspect just like in the 1970s, that will become over leveraged, foreclosures will become common again and more people will walk away from the mortgages selling them to somebody who's willing to buy them up for $1.

1979 was the peak of that decade, and it went steadily downhill till a recession arrived in 1981 and the much of the 80s was rather grim economically.

However unlike Carter, in Biden's case I think there is a good chance , that he will notrun again for a 2nd term.
Biden will run if he doesnt die first, Trump will win again in 2024, liberals ruin everything, obama got a pass cause he's a reggin.

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Biden will run if he doesnt die first, Trump will win again in 2024, liberals ruin everything, obama got a pass cause he's a nigger.

Not saying definitely, but I don't think Biden will run again.

He's too old.

This term should and probably will be his last hurrah.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Biden will run if he doesnt die first, Trump will win again in 2024, liberals ruin everything, obama got a pass cause he's a nigger.

He's too old.

He will if he has his way. He already said so.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

He's too old.

He will if he has his way. He already said so.

I hope he doesn't run for his sake and the Greater Good.

That he knows when ta fold 'em @Lokmar

Like that guy in the Kenny Rogers song...

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Last week, store brand chicken breast meat went up in price. Our 'quality' small pack chicken is now the same price as Perdue.

This week, store brand chicken breast meat went up in price again. (the 'quality' chicken stayed the same price)

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
LOL SO MANY Brazoolians complaining about going to the US

Some have paid up to 50k dollars, sold everything they had here and still owe money to the smugglers

I've seen some saying that Americans are going to "barrio" supermarkets now because the prices there are lower

And of course, that makes the price goes up

So many are struggling to pay their bills there and here at the same time.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
LOL SO MANY Brazoolians complaining about going to the US

Some have paid up to 50k dollars, sold everything they had here and still owe money to the smugglers

I've seen some saying that Americans are going to "barrio" supermarkets now because the prices there are lower

And of course, that makes the price goes up

So many are struggling to pay their bills there and here at the same time.

....is that because economic conditions are so poor that they are willing to risk all to get out of Brazil, @RANCIDMILKO ™ ®© ?

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
....is that because economic conditions are so poor that they are willing to risk all to get out of Brazil, @RANCIDMILKO ™ ®© ?

Maybe.

Why does it always seem like you want more details when people are in turmoil, Senile @Joe, than when people are prospering?

I played a baseball game yesterday. Had a great time. The other 23 people or so had a great time too. And today I spent most of the afternoon sitting on my deck, enjoying a variety of beers, with a buddy and his son while shooting the shit about a million different things.

And now I am going to eat dinner, walk my dog, then go to the same buddy's house and watch The Leafs' game with my wife and my buddy and his wife and his son and probably his son's girlfriend. I expect that we will share a lot of laughs and have a great time. Even if The Leafs lose.

Do you want more details on that, Senile @Joe?

Or are you only interested when people are having a shitty time?

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️

[/QUOTE]
More like some sort of illusion.

What happens is that many Brazilians work hard and act honestly there, things that many don't do here

So, they end up prospering.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Maybe.

Why does it always seem like you want more details when people are in turmoil, Senile @Joe, than when people are prospering?

I played a baseball game yesterday. Had a great time. The other 23 people or so had a great time too. And today I spent most of the afternoon sitting on my deck, enjoying a variety of beers, with a buddy and his son while shooting the shit about a million different things.

And now I am going to eat dinner, walk my dog, then go to the same buddy's house and watch The Leafs' game with my wife and my buddy and his wife and his son and probably his son's girlfriend. I expect that we will share a lot of laughs and have a great time. Even if The Leafs lose.

Do you want more details on that, Senile @Joe?

Or are you only interested when people are having a shitty time?

....Good luck Leafs! And the Oilers too.

I hope they both win.

The Leafs were my favorite boyhood team @The Prowler . Dave Keon. Tim Horton. Johnny Bower. Darryl Sitter. Lanny McDonald. Errol Thompson. Ian Turnbull. Borje Salming. Wayne Thomas. Jacques Plante..... and Mike Palmateer!

They were a decent team with a Lotta potential but their rivals were slightly better. Montreal. New York. Boston. Buffalo. Philadelphia.

I remember that. And the Leafs couldn't quite get past the semi finals even tho they'd push these teams to 6 or 7 games sometimes.

Bobby Orr & the Montreal Canadians were the Leafs' nemeses. They always stood in their way. Boston in particular had Toronto s number. Just like when Boston looked beat Orr could score at will & he would sink the Leafs.

That old time hockey was fun to watch. I think today's game lacks flow, character, excitement and structure. Seems the old time players understood playing their positions better.

Last edited: