What items have you noticed have gone up by 20% or more?

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The price of everything has gone up. Beef prices are ridiculous. Pork prices are up and down. Mostly a strategy where they raised prices and then lowered the price back to normal to say they're saving you money. The pork supply is good in this area because of Hatfield being somewhat local.

Chicken prices went up but some remained the same despite there being a chicken shortage.

This week's notable price increase? Ground turkey. The 3 LB 85/15 ground turkey went from $10 to $12 per package.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
The price of everything has gone up. Beef prices are ridiculous. Pork prices are up and down. Mostly a strategy where they raised prices and then lowered the price back to normal to say they're saving you money. The pork supply is good in this area because of Hatfield being somewhat local.

Chicken prices went up but some remained the same despite there being a chicken shortage.

This week's notable price increase? Ground turkey. The 3 LB 85/15 ground turkey went from $10 to $12 per package.

The chicken shortage is from where they been killin' 'em, like a million or some shit. They say due to bird flu....... they say.

I noticed ground turkey been skyrocketing lately too. $6 a pound here now or more.

They had a sale for the 80% Angus Chuck last week, for $2.99, but sold out quick. I made sure to get a rain check lol. Its normally around $6 a pound or so lately. All beef is expensive as hell.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The chicken shortage is from where they been killin' 'em, like a million or some shit. They say due to bird flu....... they say.

I noticed ground turkey been skyrocketing lately too. $6 a pound here now or more.

They had a sale for the 80% Angus Chuck last week, for $2.99, but sold out quick. I made sure to get a rain check lol. Its normally around $6 a pound or so lately. All beef is expensive as hell.

The chicken shortage has been going on in various degrees since January. Reasons given: weather, Covid and something else that I can't remember. ALL valid explanations.

Also, we were told that things should be back to normal by now. With the onset of Omicron, they reduced their hatchlings by 50% because they wouldn't have the labor to process the birds. Makes sense. Except things aren't back to normal. Boneless chicken breasts are limited or nonexistent. It could be that chicken processors are catching-up with their restaurant orders and making more profit? I don't know. Too little of nothing to spread around.

There's an abundance of chicken drumsticks and thighs, though. Value Packs for 99 cents/pound.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Oh Yeah, bird flu. That's affecting the price of eggs. They have doubled in price. Our eggs are somewhat local and there has been an outbreak.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
The internet was originally created to allow defense co tractors to work together on defense projects.

What is known as the Internet was really formed throughout the 1980's when a number of large networks were connected. Many of the networks were used for academics, some by government departments, etc..

There was not one, single, "original" use.

I spent a fair bit of time using Telnet and terminal emulators to access the early networks that eventually became known as the Internet.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
@Scooter also the fires at the food processing plants. 19 lately. Swear it feels like shit being sabotaged.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
The food supply is being sabotaged.

There's no two ways about it.... between bat shit crazy environmentalists in power, engineered supply chain and manufacturing crises, new age meat haters, war, and now these food plant "totally random accidents", we're the cattle in the tiny fenced in overgrazed paddocks and the farmers aren't buying any feed...

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Screenshot-20220504-182435-Chrome.jpg

:Happy5:

Not seeing any price increases in my grocery shops....

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
When I was a kid I can remember my grandmother would go shopping at Woolworth's department store and my grandfather would take me to get an ice cream soda at their lunch area.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The department stores are gone but there is still one Woolworth's lunch counter in the U.S. located in Bakersfield, CA.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
I used to be able to go see a movie on Saturday mornings, buy a bag of Humpty Dumpty chips and a fountain Coca Cola, and still have enough change left over from my quarter to take the bus back home.

Stupid inflation.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
When I was a kid the local old movie theater had $2 early showing and you could get a coke and popcorn for $0.50. With the quarter left over I would play the Star Wars arcade game in their lobby.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
When I was a kid the local old movie theater had $2 early showing and you could get a coke and popcorn for $0.50. With the quarter left over I would play the Star Wars arcade game in their lobby.

Speaking of Star Wars, May the 4th be with you!

Today is Star Wars day lol.

I miss the .99 cent theater.

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
The good ole days

when Name Resolution was hosts.txt file passed around from entity to entity

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The average price of a new car is now over $55,000. Also used car prices are up 60%.

...even in Car Abundant California, @Oerdin?

I remember a used car like a Honda could be had for as little as $500 and they still ran good.

Cars used ta be like tricycles there.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Yep, there is a massive shortage of new cars so used car prices have shot up too.

• Interesting
Reactions: Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I suppose cuz the US economy is so big, that even a shortage of just 1 item sends shock waves through the entire supply chain so they really get hit in the States.

That's the big difference between the USA and Canada. Stores here buy 10,000 of something but American stores will by 1,000,000 of the same item and the US may have 20x the demand. So of course if they run out and there's all this excess demand the shortages really get felt.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
They are too expensive. Due to the chip shortage and other materials shortages automakers have dramatically cut production and now only build highly profitable high end models. We bought a new car a few months before covid and managed to get it 30% below MSRP.

Those days are long gone. Everything is selling well above MSRP, there is no selction to chose from, and it is either take it or leave it.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I suspect GM is heading for bankruptcy again in the next few years. They have lost $35 billion in the last two years, bet the house on old tech not competitive electric cars, then it turns out those crap electric cars caught on fire and blew up when you tried to charge them. In the 1950's they were the best in the world but now everything they produce is shit.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
So while shopping to make my magnificent homemade lasagna the other day I notice that both cheese and ground beef have gone up by around 30%

30%

unbelievable

post your observations on inflation numbers here.

This is what happens when you inundate the economy with a bunch of freshly printed billions during a global pandemic… the real estate market is gonna tank. Mark my words.

congratulations… Florida is now the most expensive state in the nation

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Yep, there is a massive shortage of new cars so used car prices have shot up too.

Maybe the new cars are too expensive eh?

I hear a Lotta em aren't too good.

Throttled production and logistics due to the scamdemic plus hyperinflationary spending and currency printing from decades of mismanagement, fraud, and decay.

Chip shortages being the biggest issue though.

It's not going to be resolved for years if ever, especially if nations have little meltdowns on the world stage far worse than currently happening, then stop almost all global trade or worse.... start lobbing EMP's in each other's horizons thus stopping 80% or more of a target populations' electronics and core infrastructure.