What R U doing...... RIGHT NOW!!?

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Yeah, fortnightly menus and shopping lists. I plan 12-13 meals of perishables or frozen, and bank on takeaway at least once.

Yeah I shop for perishables and non food items once a week. I'll hit sales for frozen stuff and meat. Then plan out my meals based on whats in the freezer.

I rarely get out to eat food, especially lately. If I do, it might be a slice of pizza after a Jam night, or once a month I'll treat myself to some Mexican (food) or something.

Right now Im trying to get in some more Winter meals before Spring hits. Those meals I'll make on Sunday, and eat leftovers 2-3 times that week.

This week pot roast was on sale, so thats this week. Next week homemade spaghetti, then its home cooked pinto beans and salmon patties, then might be breakfast casserole. Of course I make other stuff, but those are the main/leftover meal of each week. Past week was venison meatloaf.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
My broccoli cheese soup was one of the soups I froze several months ago.

I dont know why but I always feel like soup and chilli is better after you have frozen and thawed it.

I agree! Chili, soup is usually better the next day or so. Kinda the same after frozen too. I also like making a pot of spaghetti sauce, using half, and freezing half. Same with soups and chilis.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Just had a surf, and now am kicking back on the couch listening to Johnny Cash and drinking some Captain Morgan and dry.

933652-1.png

I've never seen this before!!!!!!!

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Procrastinating.
I have done my laundry and am using that as an excuse to sit on my ass as a reward for menial labour. That and to drink this fresh coffee.

I now realize I have never surfed. Hmmm. No.
Sensible thing is to have a boat, or a kayak, canoe. Skimming across the water seems like an ill advised way to transport things.
But I am certain it is fun for those who do, and since I have never tried I cannot judge.

Succubus

Entertain me you boring fucks.....
Site Supporter
Freaking out about a priority overnight box I shipped via FedEx. I shipped on Tuesday and it was supposed to be held for pickup in Alabama at another FedEx hub. Nope. It's in Indianapolis now and my heat pack runs out after 72 hours. There is a tarantula in that box. I'm praying it makes it in these extreme temps. :'(

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Freaking out about a priority overnight box I shipped via FedEx. I shipped on Tuesday and it was supposed to be held for pickup in Alabama at another FedEx hub. Nope. It's in Indianapolis now and my heat pack runs out after 72 hours. There is a tarantula in that box. I'm praying it makes it in these extreme temps. :'(
Isn’t polystyrene the way to go? Even a sliver of it lining the box would insulate very well. I wonder how the spider would go with polystyrene beads?

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Good Morning y’all. It’s a great Saturday here Down Under. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and I have a glorious hardon to great the day...
:Grin3:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I dont know why but I always feel like soup and chilli is better after you have frozen and thawed it.

I agree! Chili, soup is usually better the next day or so. Kinda the same after frozen too. I also like making a pot of spaghetti sauce, using half, and freezing half. Same with soups and chilis.

I'm doing chilli tomorrow.

Fresh....I dont have any frozen but I'll probably make two pots and freeze one.

Chilli and corn bread tomorrow!

Succubus

Site Supporter
Isn’t polystyrene the way to go? Even a sliver of it lining the box would insulate very well. I wonder how the spider would go with polystyrene beads?

I need to buy some but since it was an overnight shipment I didn't think to use it. They guaranteed next day by hold time. Usually next day by 10am. I'm so fucking pissed right now.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

I need to buy some but since it was an overnight shipment I didn't think to use it. They guaranteed next day by hold time. Usually next day by 10am. I'm so fucking pissed right now.
I know exactly where you’re coming from. I have similar issues with regard to posting and receiving live fish. Depleting oxygen is always a factor. Spiders are very resilient though, fingers crossed that all goes well.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

I'm doing chilli tomorrow.

Fresh....I dont have any frozen but I'll probably make two pots and freeze one.

Chilli and corn bread tomorrow!

Hell yeah!!! I been wanting more chili, but I just had it a few weeks ago lol. And I still have to fit in other Winter meals! I wanna do Stuffed Pepper Soup again too, and Chicken chili, and Crockpot stew, shit, winter almost over lol.

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Poor Spider, hope it travels well.

Blazor, you appear to have a fixation with food.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Lol, I like to cook. And Im a planner.

Its a shame we all live so far apart. I'd love to be a host and put out a spread of good food for y'all. Then we all toke up around a blazing fire. No no no, thats not the oven on fire, Im talking about around the fire pit :Grin3:

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Woke up around 6am couldnt fall back asleep .. now Im waiting on the beerstore to open decided Im getting drunk today since I have nothing to do and our city just increased our lockdown another 2 weeks now March 8th..

Fuck these lockdowns.

Man I didnt sleep for shit either. Almost got up early too.

I got some friends coming over later, we're having an Old School Game night and getting Crunk. Gonna throw down on Goldeneye, Mortal Kombat, etc. Also Im making a couple homemade pizzas. One with burger, spicy sausage, and green pepper. The other with half hot sauce, half BBQ sauce, chicken and bacon.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Making my neighborhood famous Perogies ....

Around here we have to make do with the frozen kind. I usually steam them (boiling them seems to make them fall apart) or at least microwave them in a damp towel. My wife has the odd habit of frying them in oil but I have to admit once you pat off all the excess oil I kind of like them fried even if it isn't traditional.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
Making my neighborhood famous Perogies ....

Around here we have to make do with the frozen kind. I usually steam them (boiling them seems to make them fall apart) or at least microwave them in a damp towel. My wife has the odd habit of frying them in oil but I have to admit once you pat off all the excess oil I kind of like them fried even if it isn't traditional.
I fry em too under boil em first then butter and garlic serve em with parm cheese and sour cream.. yummy

Succubus

Site Supporter

Thank you :) I packed it fairly well and included a heat pack. What pisses me off is that with 72 hours of q heat source, that is more than enough for an overnight shipment. These mf's are almost a week in from delivering on time!