Floriduh doing it right, again!

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The coronavirus is quickly rising again in Florida.

There were 23,697 new COVID-19 infections in Florida over the past seven-day period from July 2 to July 8, according to the weekly report released Friday by the Florida Department of Health. That’s an average of nearly 3,400 cases a day.

It’s also a 48 percent rise in COVID-19 infections — or 7,719 more infections — from the previous seven-day period from June 25 to July 1.

It’s the second consecutive jump in weekly coronavirus cases reported in Florida. In the past two weeks the number of weekly COVID-19 cases have nearly doubled from just under 12,000 cases reported from June 18 to June 24.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I'm pretty sure people know about Covid and what their options are and I dont see this as any reason the government needs to step in and forcibly manage peoples health decisions.

So you are coming from the premise that people are incompetent in managing their individual health needs and that the government should be responsible for the health of the state.

And you are saying the number of Covid cases proves your premise. That "oh look, the virus numbers rose, this proves the government should impose onto these stupid people".

Right?

What about all the other numbers like suicides and rising substance abuse and poverty and small business loss that has been caused by lock downs?

You think the amount of positive Covid cases means individuals shouldnt be allowed to chose their risk?

YOUR measure of success is fundamentally different than ours. You are looking to the government to "succeed" by making sure the people dont get positive Covid tests. OUR measure of success is how much individual civil liberties and rights that local government respects are preserves.

So yes... Florida IS doing it right.

Good talk. Stop with this Orwellian "look at why the government should run our lives" speak. Try to grasp our premise. It's not the same as yours.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My son in law is having to explain to plenty of covid positive people why the vaccine didnt stop them from getting it. The general public apparently has the perception that vaccine = no covid. His hospital isnt overrun or anything like that. They never were ITFP. Currently, RSV is a problem. This is highly unusual for this time of the year leading to speculation about mask use or misusage.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

There were 23,697 new COVID-19 infections in Florida over the past seven-day period from July 2 to July 8, according to the weekly report released Friday by the Florida Department of Health. That’s an average of nearly 3,400 cases a day.

It’s also a 48 percent rise in COVID-19 infections — or 7,719 more infections — from the previous seven-day period from June 25 to July 1.

It’s the second consecutive jump in weekly coronavirus cases reported in Florida. In the past two weeks the number of weekly COVID-19 cases have nearly doubled from just under 12,000 cases reported from June 18 to June 24.

Oh dear.

Methinks Florida may be quite vulnerable because of its sunny humid climate and its large urban centers,

Plus it's got a lotta people which enables the virus to spread much faster.

Added to it, is large nubers of vistors from North, South, East & West, must make Florida a viable target and breeding ground for the virus.

In addition, the new variants will only exacerbate the problem even more.

So part of the fault may lie with its public health system.

But on the other hand, even if Florida did everything right, I suspect they'd stlll have a problem of a growing number of cases.

So it may not be netirely Florida's fault. It's just the Luck of the Draw.

Certain parts of Canada like whee I live, the case count is relatively low and dropping.

On the other hand, we have 1/5th the number of people on a land mass larger than Florida.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Oh dear.

Methinks Florida may be quite vulnerable because of its sunny humid climate and its large urban centers,

Added to it, is large nubers of vistors from North, South, East & West, must make Florida a viable target and breeding ground for the virus.

But on the other hand, even if Florida did everything right, I suspect they'd stlll have a problem of a growing number of cases.
Florida, and specifically the Orlando Area, was never overrun with COVID cases. They did have problems with staffing at several hospitals as they layed a large number off because bed vacancies skyrocketed. Thats direct from someone who actually works in a Florida Hospital, josephine. You havent a clue what you're talking about.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Yet no increase in deaths?

Personally, I'd prefer not to get it again and wonder if it's ging to kill me. Who needs that?

You could always move to China. The government will physically put steel beams on peoples homes so they cant leave if there are outbreaks.

Sure.....people starve and die. But they didnt get Covid.

A government doing it right.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Oh dear.

Florida, and specifically the Orlando Area, was never overrun with COVID cases. They did have problems with staffing at several hospitals as they layed a large number off because bed vacancies skyrocketed. Thats direct from someone who actually works in a Florida Hospital, josephine. You havent a clue what you're talking about.

From what I remember visiting the State, it's essentially a humid subtropical zone which is conducive to the spread of the virus.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Oh dear.

People have been trained VERY quickly to hear "Covid" and go right to the severe cases as if that's the majority of Covid infections.

So when they see a rise in infections, their brains are conditioned to see hospitals over run and medical drama.

What's most likely is asymptomatic and mild cases.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Oh dear.

I just think it would be a much harder go to suppress COVID virus outbreaks in Florida, than Vancouver, Canada, even if they did everything according to the book and right.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Oh dear.

From what I remember visiting the State, it's essentially a humid subtropical zone which is conducive to the spread of the virus.

Nah. It gets worse in the cold.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Oh dear.

Incorrect josephine. In fact, the sunlight coupled with very high surface temperatures actually work to sterilize exposed surfaces. Overall, Florida's cases were never very high.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
These COVID numbers are maybe 1/4 of what they were during the peak. Even then, the hospitals werent overrun. My son in law hasnt had anyone get violent when telling them the vaccine doesnt stop them from getting it but many get VERY scared, thinking they're gonna die. Its a total shit show what the virus scare has done to people. They need to just ignore it.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
These COVID numbers are maybe 1/4 of what they were during the peak. Even then, the hospitals werent overrun. My son in law hasnt had anyone get violent when telling them the vaccine doesnt stop them from getting it but many get VERY scared, thinking they're gonna die. Its a total shit show what the virus scare has done to people. They need to just ignore it.

Exactly but that fear.....that terror they want us to experience is politically useful.

Isnt it fucking SICK?

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Exactly but that fear.....that terror they want us to experience is politically useful.

Isnt it fucking SICK?
It is! My daughter was telling me he had one patient in particular who didnt speak english who had been vaccinated and this person was so fucking confused and distraught, it took an inordinate amount of time to calm the patients fears. This person literally thought they were going to die and they werent even that sick!

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Personally, I'd prefer not to get it again and wonder if it's ging to kill me. Who needs that?

If you knew anything about anything then you'd know you already have immunity. Twice over. Once for when you got it and second because of your vaccine. So learn a bit about science and stop being your usual clueless & ignorant self.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Isnt it fucking SICK?
It is! My daughter was telling me he had one patient in particular who didnt speak english who had been vaccinated and this person was so fucking confused and distraught, it took an inordinate amount of time to calm the patients fears. This person literally thought they were going to die and they werent even that sick!

Yep. It happens here, as well.

If they had the shot and get it.....they think it's the delta variant.

And they automatically assume the mutations are somehow stronger.

People who are asymptomatic and test positive get terrified they will just drop dead.

It's really sad.....and it's a way to get control. To manipulate people.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Oh dear.

I just think it would be a much harder go to suppress COVID virus outbreaks in Florida, than Vancouver, Canada, even if they did everything according to the book and right.

Except Floriduh never does anything according to the book. They always do everything according to the lowest common denominator's definition of freeDUM, which is usually not freedom but stupidity.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

If you knew anything about anything then you'd know you already have immunity. Twice over. Once for when you got it and second because of your vaccine. So learn a bit about science and stop being your usual clueless & ignorant self.

You're a moron.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Oh dear.

Except Floriduh never does anything according to the book. They always do everything according to the lowest common denominator's definition of freeDUM, which is usually not freedom but stupidity.
Sorry, but since my son in law is an actual ER doc and I can call him up and get the truth about the reality on the ground in Florida, that trumps all your lyin liberal shitshow articles for the last year airclaiming Florida is a disaster. Advent Health has had a hiring freeze at most of its hospitals. That wouldnt be the case if everything was a medical disaster. 23K new cases of covid aint shit. They handled 10,000 cased per day just fine.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Looks like Florida did actually do it right

"The study verifies other studies which have found that locking down businesses, stores, churches, schools, and restaurants had almost no impact on health outcomes across states," the report determined. "States with strict lockdowns had virtually no better performance in COVID death rates than states that remained mostly open for business."