Floriduh does it again. Come buy your degree from us

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Come buy your degree from us!

"Three Florida nursing schools sold thousands of fake nursing diplomas worth millions in a scheme that allowed aspiring nurses to bypass the required training to become licensed in the profession,
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Siena College, Palm Beach School of Nursing and Sacred Heart International Institute – all based in south Florida – combined to distribute more than 7,600 fraudulent diplomas worth over $100 million or roughly $15,000 per diploma, federal prosecutors said. All schools are now defunct.

Twenty-five defendants, including school directors and diploma recipients, were charged in the scheme and each face up to 20 years in prison if convicted. Attorneys for defendants were not listed in a federal court database Thursday."

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
What does teaching Advanced Placement Black History have to do with Government?

You mean that CRT bullshit?

Well schools are ran by the state and funded with our tax dollars so tax paying parents have a say when it comes to ideologies being taught to their children.

So what does this illegal fruad have to do with the government? Did a government policy allow for this? Were they protected by the government? How does this connect to how the state is governed?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I swear to Jesus Floridians are always involved in some shady shit.

People are always involved in something shady.

And there is a notable difference on who has more tolerance for that shadiness and who doesnt.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Well schools are ran by the state and funded with our tax dollars so tax paying parents have a say when it comes to ideologies being taught to their children.

So what does this illegal fruad have to do with the government? Did a government policy allow for this? Were they protected by the government? How does this connect to how the state is governed?

AP classes are voluntary and not imposed on any student. They're also supposed to be taught at a college level where students are exposed to concepts that they aren't taught in high school.

Why restrict some learning when it's unnecessary?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
AP classes are voluntary and not imposed on any student. They're also supposed to be taught at a college level where students are exposed to concepts that they aren't taught in high school.

So they dont belong in elementary through high school.

Yeah that's the point and that's our position. So we agree.

Admin asked what it has to do with the government though, so I told him. No need to gun this topic in another direction, right?

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️

History is NOT crt. Quit believing everything the Christopher Rico’s of the world say.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

WTF, of course AP classes belong in high school. You might find that some of the people here that went to college took AP courses in high school. I know I did. They are designed for high school.

Advance placement means you earn college credits in high school. How do you not know that being the parent of teenagers?

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Is the History of the USA only about Slavery?

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Admin asked what it has to do with the government though, so I told him. No need to gun this topic in another direction, right?
AP Classes are High School Classes! HELLO?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
History is NOT crt. Quit believing everything the Christopher Rico’s of the world say.

No it isnt. So you need to stop equating the two and claiming that parents are mad about history being taught when they are flat out directly showing it's the CRT framework that history is being presented in that is the problem.

They are not teaching "CRT" as in teaching what it IS. Parents are mad that the PREMISE of CRT is the framework from which historical events are being taught to young students from. And its PARENTS who are showing this and pushing back. And as parents we have all seen this. I even linked curriculums....and that was ignored. So you arent interested in the actual problem.

This is a very critical and important distinction that intelligent and educated people SHOULD be able to easily understand. Yet you guys are either real dumb OR you are gaslighting.

Either way doesnt actually help your argument.

And again you asked what it had to do with the government and I told you. Now you are moving goalposts.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
No it isnt. So you need to stop equating the two and claiming that parents are mad about history being taught when they are flat out directly showing it's the CRT framework that history is being presented in that is the problem.

They are not teaching "CRT" as in teaching what it IS. Parents are mad that the PREMISE of CRT is the framework from which historical events are being taught to young students.

This is a very critical and important distinction that intelligent and educated people SHOULD be able to easily understand. Yet you guys are either real dumb OR you are gaslighting.

Either way doesnt actually help your argument.

And again you asked what it had to do with the government and I told you. Now you are moving goalposts.
I’m tired of talking to people that don’t understand what they’re talking about.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
You guys want us to view you as intelligent and educated and this thread is a great example of why we dont.

I'm just saying.

It's not just the ignorance. It's the angry and hateful attitude held towards others who can lay out their thoughts on a topic.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
It's not just Florida and it's not just nursing schools.

I happen to know for a fact that certain colleges/universities in this area, closely associated with particular evangelical empires, are very, um, popular among law enforcement officers interested in obtaining criminal justice degrees (essential for career advancement). I'm not saying they flat-out sell degrees because I don't know that for sure, but...

Let's just say I've met quite a few of those degree holders and some would be lucky to spell their own names correctly on a test paper.

We can play wack-a-mole with the institutions and their customers gaming a system based on exploitation and corruption but until we change the system itself that incentivizes doing anything necessary for money and power all we're going to do is keep replacing the mallets when they're all wacked out.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I’m tired of talking to people that don’t understand what they’re talking about.

Admin, I'm telling you what the issue people have actually is.

You are pushing some narrative that simply is not true. I HAVE school age children. I pay close attention to the issues going down in school boards and curriculums that are being implemented.

You claim people dont want history taught. You also claim that people claim CRT is being taught. This is simply NOT correct.

I just told you want the issue is. People do not want topics presented to children through the framework of CRT. There a plethora of examples of this all over the country.

And I have shown this many times.

You dont want address the issue. You want to be partisan. And now you are blaming ME because I'm not jumping this fantasy bandwagon that a bunch of cons are crying over shit that isnt happening when I know its PARENTS of all politcal stances who are angry at something that IS happening.

I do NOT believe at all that you guys genuinely care about anything. I dont. You are playing some retard partisan shit flinging game and that's part of the problem in the country. You dont want to have common grounds or a deeper understanding. You want hate and judgement.

The country will always reflect the people. Remember that.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Okay -- the libtards are being prepared for several years of Dark Lord DeSantis bad

you can actually see it being nurtured in them now

LMAO

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I hope they're sued.
Why should my kid be kept from getting college credit for a class because of numbnut parents?

It's not being removed from colleges. It's being regulated ....meaning....colleges cannot teach it as fact. Like its reality.

When I took Humanities part of that was teaching about Christianity. From a literature and art perspective. It didnt teach from a framework that Christianity is true and how the world should be seen.

You can take classes on Marxism the same way.

And it's(marxism/crt) not allowed in primary schools at all.

What is the problem here?

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It's not being removed from colleges. It's being regulated ....meaning....colleges cannot teach it as fact. Like its reality.

When I took Humanities part of that was teaching about Christianity. From a literature and art perspective. It didnt teach from a framework that Christianity is true and how the world should be seen.

You can take classes on Marxism the same way.

And it's(marxism/crt) not allowed in primary schools at all.

What is the problem here?

Who said it was being removed from colleges, moron? Certainly not I. AP courses are NOT taught in COLLEGE, fuck me, you're stupid AF.