What R U Tripping On?

Sindy666

Factory Bastard
My boyfriend is out of town this weekend so I'm partying by myself.

I had about a (dry) gram of this Ecuador strain a little while ago.

8QNESSg.png

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Why do you have a bottle of Cholula hot sauce next to your mushrooms?

It just happened to be on the table where it usually is.

Okay. I don't know the first thing about how you eat the shrooms. I wondered if you put hot sauce on them. I thought, that could be an interesting trip.

OP
OP
Sindy666

Sindy666

Factory Bastard

Okay. I don't know the first thing about how you eat the shrooms. I wondered if you put hot sauce on them. I thought, that could be an interesting trip.

I mean I think they taste awful raw, but I guess you could... I usually dry them up, grind them into a powder and make capsules. I do want to try cooking some up sometime... I'm guessing they would taste much better pan fried in a little butter with some seasoning but I don't know if they'd still get you high after that.

OP
OP
Sindy666

Sindy666

Factory Bastard
Psilocybe mexicana is a psychedelic mushroom. Its first known usage was by the natives of North and Central America over 2,000 years ago. Known to the Aztecs as teotlnanácatl, from the Nahuatl teotl ("god") + nanácatl ("fungus").

The Aztecs would drink chocolate and eat the mushrooms with honey. Those partaking in the mushroom ceremonies would fast before ingesting the sacrament. The act of taking mushrooms is known as monanacahuia, meaning to "mushroom oneself".

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Psilocybe mexicana is a psychedelic mushroom. Its first known usage was by the natives of North and Central America over 2,000 years ago. Known to the Aztecs as teotlnanácatl, from the Nahuatl teotl ("god") + nanácatl ("fungus").

The Aztecs would drink chocolate and eat the mushrooms with honey. Those partaking in the mushroom ceremonies would fast before ingesting the sacrament. The act of taking mushrooms is known as monanacahuia, meaning to "mushroom oneself".

That's interesting. I don't know what much about the Aztec practice of eating psychedelics. It must have been part of worship and probably practiced by the "priestly" class.

OP
OP
Sindy666

Sindy666

Factory Bastard

That's interesting. I don't know what much about the Aztec practice of eating psychedelics. It must have been part of worship and probably practiced by the "priestly" class.

Not sure but I think it was maybe common practice amongst most people. Let me know if you find out!

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Not sure but I think it was maybe common practice amongst most people. Let me know if you find out!

One passage I read said it was the elite classes, but there are plenty of cultures that were around before the Spanish Conquest and I don't know if those practices were recorded anywhere.

Here's an interesting article:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

OP
OP
Sindy666

Sindy666

Factory Bastard
One passage I read said it was the elite classes, but there are plenty of cultures that were around before the Spanish Conquest and I don't know if those practices were recorded anywhere.

Here's an interesting article:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Most cultures had their mystery school type metaphysical systems which eventually became the organized religions. But yes the enlightening shrooms were withheld until one reached the upper levels of the group. One thing Jesus represented was enlightenment for all, even the common man could then commune with "god." Too bad organized Churchianity never lived up to the promise.