What's for Dinner Tonight?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
For lunch I went through Arby's drive through. Their Two for $7 deal is pretty good I opted for their crispy fish sandwich ( a full fillet of Alaskan Pollock) and their spicy roast beef sandwich. Their spicy beef sandwich wasn't spicy but the fish was actually well done.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I am going to eat crabs tonight.... Kurt has gone to buy them now.... I am salivating at the thought.... oh my goodness.

Poor crabs.

I want to try Australian spanner crabs. Supposedly they are the best tasting crab in the world.

Carignan

Factory Bastard
homemade pizza(most likely toppings.. pepperoni, bacon, green peppers, onions. i may add/substract to it. not sure yet.)

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm probably going to do DoorDash delivery from somewhere. I don't know what. I'm tired and pissed off and trying to figure out what I'm in the mood for.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
A thick Ribeye or NY Strip would be good and a nice piece of beef tenderloin for the lady.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
A pot of Irish stew…

images

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Last night we had burritos from Chipotle; only I did not get one. My wife went and got three burritos, our eldest was still visiting his father so only three were needed, but I was sleeping as I had a hard day fucking with the backyard and the jacuzzi. To my surprise the 12 year old not only ate his own entire burrito but he ate all of mine as well. This is the kid we can rarely get to finish his dinner.

I ended up eating a microwave chicken pot pie.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I am thinking about doing cheap Chinese take out. Sure, it is probably made using stray cats and dogs but it tastes good.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I bought some lion's mane mushrooms last weekend and need to use them up soon. I also got some oyster mushrooms and beech mushrooms. How should I cook them?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I have some fresh raviolis. Some are lobster with different cheeses, some are crab with different cheeses, and yet another type are spinach with different cheeses. I looked up a cream sauce recipe with white onions, garlic, tomato paste, herbs, salt, and pepper (as well as a little of the starchy water the pasta was boiled in).

My problem is a language barrier which never should have even been an issue. I wanted to make a cream sauce for the pasta which requires cream. I sent her to the store to buy cream, as in what you put in your coffee, but then she calls me (which I appreciate BTW) asking is sour cream is the same, no, it is not, is whipped cream the same, no, it is not, is heavy whipping cream the same? Nope.

I want regular cream, in Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa it is called light cream but in the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland it is simply called cream. WTF? I need cream, not whipped cream, not heavy whipping cream, and sure as shit not sour cream. So shit pisses me off.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
BTW she eventually came home and brought me half and half which is half cream and half milk. I guess I can used it. Half and half and maybe I will melt some butter on it to make it more creamy with some more butter fat.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
On the upside the dry aged salami with white truffles (5%,) was extremely good. I bought it at the San Diego Fungus fair last Sunday. Truffles, exotic mushrooms, and similar type foods. Last night I made mini steaks out of the lion's mane mushrooms, sauted in butter, topped with Montreal seasoning and it was great. BI put it on some butter sour dough bread and it made amazing sandwich.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I have a cat who eats to much and then he vomits. Half the cat food I buy gats vomited up.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I reffed 3 hockey games this afternoon (a tournament for police from all around the province which is why they can do it during a weekday) and my wife made Eggs Benedict (with peameal bacon, not ham) for supper. Damn good.

But I am hungry again so I am going downstairs and I will make something else to eat. It will not be as good.