What's for Dinner Tonight?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I'm making taco tater tot casserole.

It's not fucking fancy and it's far from healthy but we are midwest people and it's snowing.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I had leftover Chateaubriand drizzled in wine sauce and a pound of sauteed mushrooms.

I don't eat sugar.

I dumped a few cans of apple pie filling into a slow cooker, cut up two cans of cinnamon rolls and dumped those in there. Then I stirred it with heavy whipping cream, put cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar on it and slow cooked in an actual crock pot for 4 hours.

Shits awesome.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I had a couple open-faced sandwiches...sour dough bread with prosciutto and tomatoes and mozzarella cheese...toasted in the oven....

And a huge Greek salad...

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Lamburgers on brioche buns with fried onions, lettuce, raw onion slices, Kewpie, horseradish cream, and gratuitous amounts of sliced up pickles.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I'm currently staying in my hometown. And I'm closer to where my oldest daughter is living so she's been hanging out much more. She found this restaurant that only stays open until two and serves breakfast and lunch. And has been begging to take me and her sisters out for breakfast. Sadly her girlfriend has a shit ton of homework (archeology is her endeavor) and couldn't join us this time.

So today we did. I had 3 mimosas and this avocado toast

20230319-122430.jpg

And this place was right in a plaza by the house I grew up in and next to the cemetery my aunt, uncle and great grandfather is buried in. So we stopped at that cemetery and I found my great aunts grave in terrible condition. All grown over and cracked.

So tomorrow I'm making phone calls and doing something about it

20230319-130702.jpg

Her grandchildren are so stupid and uuseless. This kind of shit is why I don't even talk to that side of my family. I talk to ONE cousin....the one I grew up with. That's it.

The fucking bill at that restaurant was 103 bucks(the portions were huge and the drink was strong) and my daughter and I had an actual show down. We agreed to split it lol. She wanted to treat us and I just cannot let my KID pay....she will always be my kid yanno? I can finally be a passenger in her car now without having a panick attack I'm hiding poorly though LOL

Last edited:

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I has honey and garlic sausage, shredded home fries with melted cheddar on top w/sour cream and Frank's Red Hot, and mixed vegetables. Gonna go have a yogurt parfait now.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
My bestie has cooked the past few nights and he has been on me about eating. I've been stressing a lot and taking care of everyone. And one of the many many reasons he is my absolute best friend is knows me better than I know myself.

So I came into the kitchen to this. He made french onion soup and guys....this was amazing. He has been making my plates and having me sit down and eat because that's how he is. He has been looking out for me since i was an actual kid.

20230403-194011.jpg

So it was this French onion soup tonight and a quick best friend brag.

He also made pork tenderloin but he knows I don't eat pork so thankfully he didn't slip pork on my plate trying to coerce me to eat something I don't eat. So....my best friend is better than everyone else's best friend.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
We went to La Jolla today because the kids are off school, walked at the waterfront park, saw the seals, sea lions, and birds, then hit up a little cafe for a light late lunch. A dozen oysters of the half shell (on sale just $1 each), spring rolls as an appetizer, and a extremely large chef's salad with so much cheese, bacon, hard boiled egg, Turkey, etc...

All four of us loved it including the youngest who normally won't eat salads. We couldn't get him to try the oysters though.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I went in for some after lunch snacks and was very pleased by the innofoods organic and non-gmo Coconut Keto clusters. Shit is a pretty good snack or even a cereal

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I had a couple leftover pulled pork sandwiches and some spring rolls that my wife made...they are awesome...the kind that are cold...with just rice paper soaked in water as the outside wrap and all kinds of stuff inside....they look like this:

Spring-Rolls-14.jpg

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
I had a cheap £0.90p mini pizza I got from the coop and loaded a few bits on, onion, olives and extra cheese. Its amazing how much less I eat after exercise in this case 24 miles on my bike. Just more tired and less hungry or interested in eating.

Sindy666

Factory Bastard
Tonight I had a chicken, bacon, avocado, jalapeno wrap in a gluten free spinach wrap with a small romaine salad on the side.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Gyros and a family size Greek salad. Everyone seemed happy. My wife made some rice to go with it.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
We have those store-bought chicken breasts stuffed with cheese and broccoli, mixed vegetables, steamed broccoli, and rice.

Gonna have bone-in chicken breasts on the BBQ tomorrow. Not sure what else...but I'm hoping to have potatoes made with this Korean hot sauce that we had a while ago...it was awesome...my wife is the cook though, so she gets the final call.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Not allowed under my roof. You'll have to eat it on the front porch appropriately from the dog's bowl.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I had a moment of weakness and didn't feel like preparing food. It is slop.
I did that Thursday evening. Used DoorDash to order generic and bland chinese food. It was good and hit the spot but I shouldn't be spending money on delivery.

Last night, I cooked up some sweet italian sausage with a bit of jarred sauce and a pot of spaghetti. Drain the pasta and throw everything into the pot. Pots of slop are my expertise. Also, the leftovers are what's for breakfast.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
I did that Thursday evening. Used DoorDash to order generic and bland chinese food. It was good and hit the spot but I shouldn't be spending money on delivery.

Last night, I cooked up some sweet italian sausage with a bit of jarred sauce and a pot of spaghetti. Drain the pasta and throw everything into the pot. Pots of slop are my expertise. Also, the leftovers are what's for breakfast.

I stayed over at a friends place thursday and friday and ordered in chinese for 3 of us, thats all I ate till today with a small bit for breakfast. It does Microwave very well. Yea pots of slop are my thing as well especially in winter.

Roast duck in chilli and black bean sauce is a longterm favourite with singapore style rice noodles. Yum.