What's the longest you've gone without Showering?

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
LOL 3 days without a shower?!

I can go one day if I don't go out and I don't sweat, but the next day I've got to bathe or I start feeling too dirty to be comfortable with myself.

But I understand the colder weather in the US this time of this year might be a good justification, especially if the water heater is not working too well

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Same here

This time of the year here, impossible not to shower every time you go out, especially during the day

Always muggy and warm

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
So I get a letter destined for my neighbour in my mailbox. Ring their doorbell to give them their letter.

"Oh, come on in!" Well, OK I guess... wasn't planning on it, but OK.

Now, I haven't showered in like three days, grew my bum beard back, was wearing my ratty-tatty clothes that I tend to wear when I have no place to be, and I probably stunk also.

On top of that, their kid came over too, to deliver a Christmas present. I was there for like three hours.

In hindsight I should've just delivered the letter tomorrow after cleaning up a bit. Don't be like me, thrust into an uncomfortable situation... Always keep your ass clean and deodorized!

You need to order some Lume.

Everyone in my house uses....its totally worth it. Never get swamp ass again.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Couple weeks, but I wiped myself down every 2 days like a whore bath... pits, bits, and feet. There was limited water where I was at.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Hiking the John Muir trail at age 19 I went almost two weeks without showering though I did try to bath in snow melt streams high in the mountains. That was cold as fuck and even biodegradable soap is bad for cold alpine streams. Washing clothes consisted of roughly trying to wash by soaking them with soap, beating them on rocks, trying to rinse them th as best I could, then draping them over my backpack to dry as I had so many meals carried in my pack so I had to make so many miles per day.

Last edited:

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Hiking the John Muir trail at age 19 I went almost two weeks without showering though I did try to bath in snow melt streams high in the mountains. That was cold as fuck and even biodegradable soap is bad for cold alpine streams. Washing clothes consisted of rough toy washing by soaking them up, beating them on rocks, trying to rinse them th as best I could, then draping them over my backpack to dry as I had so many meals carried in my pack so I had to male so many miles per day.
That’s terrible dude. Personal hygiene is paramount. Imagine how bad your crotch area would’ve smelt? Oooof! Stinky man. I think I didn’t shower for one day and it was because I was hungover. Anyone that doesn’t shower daily in a developed country is simply bone-idle. Shit behaviour.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Agreed but image you and you best friend are teens, with limited budgets, and you are trying to complete a high altitude hike for 210 miles.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Agreed but image you and you best friend are teens, with limited budgets, and you are trying to complete a high altitude hike for 210 miles.
There’s a trick. Use a 5 litre pump-up container. The water goes a long way.

Yeah no... the Muir is a hard slog..the trick is balancing your pack and not letting it kill you.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Ive been reading a few posts here. You guys are a bit rank when it comes to personal hygiene. I’m actually quite surprised at your nature in all honesty.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Yeah no... the Muir is a hard slog..the trick is balancing your pack and not letting it kill you.
What???

Hiking that trail is as hard as anything... to do it over two weeks means you have to sacrifice convenience and some measure of comfort to pack enough calories and other necessary provisions.

I'm just saying.... if Oerdin did it, he's hardcore.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

What???

Hiking that trail is as hard as anything... to do it over two weeks means you have to sacrifice convenience and some measure of comfort to pack enough calories and other necessary provisions.

Righto….you’re easily impressed, I get it.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Bottom line is that I need a shower at least twice a day. However I do love a salt dip in the ocean. I won’t shower then as I love the ocean smell.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

What???

I'm too tired to bicker with you tonight. You don't get it and I'm beyond trying to explain it to you. Just know, somebody who hikes with everything they need on their back for two weeks, isn't going to include frivolous shit.... they won't even use the sleeping bag and other covers. They want the weight down and every gram counts.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

What???

I'm too tired to bicker with you tonight. You don't get it and I'm beyond trying to explain it to you. Just know, somebody who hikes with everything they need on their back for two weeks, isn't going to include frivolous shit.... they won't even use the sleeping bag and other covers. They want the weight down and every gram counts.

Oh get over yourself son!

Weeg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Well in the winter me and momma really never bath. Its cold already so we dont sweat and we dont do much so we dont need to bath. When spring comes we then tke a bath so I wood estimate we go 3 munths with no baths.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

We did have a drop point at Lake Isabella where there was a camground with road access. Other that everything had to be in the backpack.

sweet tea

those who fear, are lost
Site Supporter
A proper shower, 3 weeks.
Whores bath, everyother day.
A rinsing of me locks with a brushing, one month.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Well in the winter me and momma really never bath. Its cold already so we dont sweat and we dont do much so we dont need to bath. When spring comes we then tke a bath so I wood estimate we go 3 munths with no baths.
Do you wash your dirty bits at least…particularly your port-holes?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
After my grandmother died I fell into such a deep depression I barely showered for several months. I only took a few showers in a six month period and it was for duty. I also barely ate. I was a mess.

Outside of that 5 days on a camping trip in the winter. But I was whore bathing daily.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
A day. And that was because I had a baby via c-section.

That after birth shower is the BEST, isnt it? It doesnt matter how clean or freshly showered you are...when you give birth and finally get that after birth shower it's incredible.

Everytime I had a baby I would ask for a shower chair and just sit in the running water. It felt soooooo good.

Weeg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Do you wash your dirty bits at least…particularly your port-holes?
Sometimes maybe once a week that time of yeer