Who here likes to cook?

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Stuffed Brinjal (Eggplant)

images

Tonight we will be preparing Stuffed Breakfall Brinjal...

Step 1.
Choose a large oval type Brinjal and slice lengthways in half.
Cut with a sharp knife alongside the “shell” but don’t pierce the bottom into skin. Stop. Do this around the entire perimeter.
Next make a gridiron pattern cutting into the flesh deep, but again don’t pierce the bottom into the skin. Stop.
Grab a spoon and gently pry out cubes of Brinjal flesh.
Use spoon to scrape out any remaining flesh.
One must left with a nice shell ready for stuffing later.

Step 2.
Set oven for 200’C.
In the meantime place all the Brinjal flesh in a pot, cover with just enough water, and squirt in 2x Tbs Vinegar.
Bring to boil and cook gently until flesh starts to turn transparent.

Step 3.
Remove flesh and squeeze out water in a colander.
Put semi-cooked flesh into a large mixing bowl and crack an egg into it, with 1-2 cups of grated cheddar cheese.
Add a pinch of salt & pepper and also some paprika, also some herbs and spices. You can also mix it up with other spices to your liking later down the track after you try mine first.
You can add some meat (optional) if you want. I put in a little bit of chopped ham.
Mix the ingredients well, adding a cup of breadcrumbs slowly until the mixed consistency is a heavy paste-like consistency.

Step 4.
Grab the two half shells of Brinjal and put the mix into the shells. Both the shells should be filled to the brim, and pat down nicely.
Sprinkle a little extra breadcrumbs on top of the filled shells to absorb any moisture and also for an indicator when baking in the oven. The breadcrumbs must look lightly toasted brown when it’s cooked.

Step 5.
Place in pre-heated oven (200’C) and cook for around 45 minutes.
Remember the top must be lightly toasty brown.

Step 6.
Remove the cooked stuffed Brinjals and place on plate and eat by itself or with a little salad.
Enjoy the tasty Stuffed Breakfall Brinjal and thank me later!

Fucking-A!
:Cheers:

Last edited: